Che is gone

Discussion in 'Archive' started by pedro3131, Aug 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    Well, it's all over gentlemen. Che is gone, and he is not coming back. The staff will be utilizing this space to enumerate our reasoning for permanently banning Che, but feel free to post (in a civil fashion) in the interim

Some basic reasons as provided by the staff and some of the community:

"Che needed to be banned and I gave the final approval to ban him. I was receiving messages daily about his rude and insulting comments and for the betterment of the community, and the integrity of the rules he needed to be banned. That is all. Can we please put Che to rest now, or do we need to have a funeral?" JVS

"Beyond Stalin, all of us are associated with this forum. Everything we post here will be taken as truthful statements, and we will be associated with everyone on this forum. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to be associated with a homicidal maniac whose has dreams of mass genocide. To be fair, Che should be able to give his two cents (to a point) without repercussions outside of site rules. But unfortunately life is not fair, and we do have to think about the the image this forum wants to show. It could be: 1) a place of discussion of political, historical, philosophical, and sometimes silly topics, or, 2) a place where someone threatens to have you and your family shot. Look, I take this seriously. I am basically coming through unfiltered, and I think most of you are as well. Che kinda ruined that. Instead of a meaningful (though sometimes off-topic) discussion, we got into insults and death threats. This forum represents a diverse set of views, and the only way this can work is if we have respect for one another. I'm not saying that we can't disagree, or that insults won't be flung from time to time. But, at the end of the day, we'll say "Oh, something besides the Libya Superthread" and move on. Che would not let that happen. So, in consequence he was banned. And he sure as hell deserved it." LeonTrotsky

"Ok first of all may I remind you guys that this hate speech with Che started before anyone even knew who he was. I believe it started on the multiple Libya threads we had in the beginning of the forum, which can be found at the very beginning at the 170 something page Libya Superthread. So for those who say that Che only spouted hate speech because he was insulted himself, are completely wrong. Any other forum member would have been banned a LONG time ago, probably in March or April. The signature in question was extremely anti semetic. I remember Che saying Hitler should have "finished the job" with the Jews.

Matt had up until the week before Che was banned, tried to reconsile with Che but Che had none of it, continually calling for his death. Before his arguments escalated into calling for people to be lined up on the wall and shot he continually ignored peoples arguments by calling them 12 year olds who watch sesame street while still calling them retards and saying he would beat them to death given the chance. Then he resorted to calling for the genocide of Jews. On multiple occasions he has said it is only fair that Obamas family die a slow and painful death for supporting the "rats" in Libya. Since the beginning of his first posts, Che has called for the slow and painful death of EVERY American. He has even on a few occasions supported Osama Bin laden and supported 9/11 on a few occasions as well. He has ordered for the death of specific members on almost every other post for simply trying to debate with him.

And to Kara who is saying that we were provoking him, I lol'ed at that statement. If trying to debate with someone is provoking him to call for genocide and lining people on the wall and shot, then I guess the coffee house should be full of people calling for genocide and death to specific forum members. THe fact that he was trying to set up a minecraft server means nothing. We are trying to make our forum look like a nice place, and its not helping that the name of the site keeps people from coming on. We dont want their opinions to be reaffirmed when they see the posts that Che made. When they see how CHe posts, they assume that we all are like that. I know you are probably gonna ignore the entire post and just pick one tiny sentence out of it that I messed up on but I have basically covered everything in this post" SlyDessertFox

"Sly pretty much summed it up. Other then that, just look at any thread he entered and look at the discourse before and after he commented. He habitually turned every thread into a slug fest about his issues, and almost all of them wound up just being users slinging around insults to one another. I fought against the permanent ban, and believed that Che could be a contributing member of the community for the past few months. However, we cannot tolerate someone wanting to line up every member of the forum (including Soviet) up against a wall and personally shooting them. When Stalin first started the site and had the preliminary conversations with the admins and mods, he talked about creating a place where people can come together and freely debate and exchange ideas. A place where you have one user consistently spouting out hate speech and dragging everyone down to his level of personal insults by threatening to kill everyone isn't part of that vision. The point I was trying to make earlier about Stalin not wanting to be associated with a guy like Che holds true. As Stalin continues his real life and tries to grow professionally and personally, he will always be associated with what goes on here and the community he helped build. Potential employers or peers will look at this site to try and evaluate Stalin as a person and seeing that he is letting a guy run around wishing death upon everyone and everything is going to reflect very negatively upon him. Bottom line, Che was a destructive member of the forum, and there isn't any way he is coming back. However, to show that were not Fascists, I did open up a poll in the People's Assembly to gauge people's opinions" Pedro
  2. Kalalification Guest

In the past we put it in the PA since it was a staff thingy. Though it doesn't really matter where we put it. Oh, and for all of you who might still be on Che's side don't bother trying to get him back because there were not only site rule violations left and right from him, but things that were in legal territory as well.
  3. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    [yt:7umlzykc]lgI2ZQVyrBo[/yt:7umlzykc]
  4. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Parradise Valley, Arizona, United States of Americ
    Third strike and your out... Maybe it is time to close his book... What were the votes?
  5. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    my only question is why it took so long to do it. he started breaking rules literally as soon as he got unbanned.
  6. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    It sucks that she is gone now who will start the crazy ass arguments?
  7. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Stalin wanted to keep him here
  8. Uberotaku001 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Today is forum liberation day!!!!
    [yt:3guhmtwd]rHJoj9IqeKg[/yt:3guhmtwd]
  9. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Stalin was giving him one last chance to change after messaging him. It's his site so we had to wait. There was a ban discussion going on since almost right after he was unbanned. Good riddance.
  10. glodraz Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [yt:1mm1ic9s]QhTiJEYqqY8[/yt:1mm1ic9s]
  11. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Oh well mine aswell join in....

[yt:19ucod1z]04854XqcfCY[/yt:19ucod1z]
  12. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    it's V.F day in Red Square. :lol:

V.F means Victory in the Forums
  13. theteremaster Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the deepest depths of the Australian netherworld
    finally

now we have 5 days of celebration
    [yt:2ubpxm5h]6kI8EUqbWdM[/yt:2ubpxm5h]
  14. Masterbrett New Member

Message Count:
    the fourms will be so boring now :(
  15. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Sorry but you will have to get your dose of pure hatred, genocidal comments and someone wishing death on you somewhere else.
  16. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Parradise Valley, Arizona, United States of Americ
    I'll do it for you at 5 dollars a day...
  17. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I think soviet is gone aswell...
    [yt:323qhzd6]rY0WxgSXdEE[/yt:323qhzd6]

But honestly I liked him he was cool.

And before you ask yes I like Queen.
  18. theteremaster Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the deepest depths of the Australian netherworld
    i love this place
    [yt:3fh47eia]at_f98qOGY0[/yt:3fh47eia]

and i love you guys