Dubstep sucks!

Discussion in 'Music' started by MrUnclepeanuts, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrUnclepeanuts Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I was dreaming about two hot chicks getting it on last night and it was hot! but then, dubstep started playing in the background, and it fucked everything up! I woke in a panic, in a cold sweat, so I feel like I need to discuss this dubstep, everywhere you look on the interwebz 'DERP DUBSTEP, DUBSTEP, I LOVE TO JACK OFF TO DUBSTEP, DUBSTEP IS THE SHIT DERP':

A. Dubstep is not real music, real music is played with instruments, I understand that it's the new age and everything sucks now but COME ON!

B. Any fucking retard can do this shitty dubstep music, it's like techno that sucks, it's not good techno, it's just boring techno, some shitty base and lame beats that aren't even good, anybody could do this with a laptop.

C. when you read these comments in dubstep songs, it's all the same, 'HAI THAR GUYS, I'M A 12 YEAR OLD PRODUCER OF DUBSTEP!' apparently everybody in these comments are big time producers, they're 13/14 years old and apparently these guys are producing dubstep, so it's not that hard to make it.

D. these bands, these dubstep 'groups' are shitty, it's not even music! it's a bunch of retards, wannabe dubstep 'producers' who are listening to this shit, a bunch of weirdo's in their bedroom trying to do the robot or whatever, get a fucking life.

E. Everybody who likes dubstep thinks they're all cool listening to their shitty fake music, 'DERP DROP THE BASE YEAH!' you don't know fuck all about the base, in the old days you had real base players, not these 14 year old mongoloids and their mothers fucking laptops, the fuck is this crap? that's not music, your not cool because you listen to dubstep, nobody thinks your cool because your a make believe producer, it's not real techno like in the old days, I'm not talking about the drum and base bullshit fuckin guys making out with other guysat raves, I'm talking about techno songs that had real singing and real fuckin beats, etc. not this fucking rave crap, certainly not this fucking trash that they have today, all dressed up in weird colors, looking pretty fuckin fruity and dancing to some weird shit 'DERP I'M A FUCKING RETARDED ROBOT DERP',

anyways thats all I have to say, peace.
  2. ddbb089 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    A. There's real music without instruments+why must there be instruments to play/make music?

C.There are stupid comments everywhere,As example I've seen thousands of comments on a lot of gaming videos saying "Check out my new montage by xXxMLG_PROxXx" and a shitload more in PM's

E. I know that there are a lot of 12 year old twats that listen to it becouse they think it's cool,but if someone listens to something that they like dosen't mean that they think that listening to that makes them cooler.

Also if someone has a different taste in music(even if it's shit like most of today's music) is their fucking taste,some people accept getting fed shit,and others don't.Deal with it.
  3. MrUnclepeanuts Well-Known Member

Message Count:

A. your refering to songs without stringed instruments, horn instruments, violins, etc? you do realize that even microphones are considered instruments right?, also it's music but it's not REAL music, it's artificial.(which is not superior to the real thing)

C. that wasn't the point, the point there is, if 13 years olds can make dubstep so easily, it must not take that much skill.

E. If you know any dubstep fan who thinks they're not the shit for listening to dubstep, then tell me because they'd be a very small minority, so small that it might seem irrelevant, besides the loudest ones are the ones heard right? most comments that belong to dubstep fans that I've seen, they act superior and think they're cool.
  4. ddbb089 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Microphones are just machines that louden your voice.It dosen't make any sound by itself,so it's not and instrument
    And why is artifical/electronic music inferior to 'real' music?Just give me some reasons.

If dubstep is so easy to make than fucking prove me.Make a song and give me evidence that everyone can make it.

I know a lot of people who like dubstep and 3 out of 4 don't give a fuck about being cool by listening to it.
    And if you judge a genre's fanbase by idiots on YouTube then you are destined to see some morons.
  5. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    There is no such thing as a genre of music that sucks. It's all based on opinion and what sucks to one is amazing to another. Two, it's not real music or it's artificial? There is no such thing as artificial music either. Music is music. Anything that makes music is an instrument, it does not have to be a classical one, it can be electronic and still make real music. Finally if it is so easy to make dubstep, then go try and become a famous dubstep artist (yes, artist, any musician can be called that and yes they are musicians), if you can without any effort or skill then I'll listen to you about that. Also before you ask, no I actually do not like dubstep but it is an opinion, a personal preference. I despise threads or comments about stuff like this, one person's musical taste is not superior to anyone else's and I find these kinds of threads to be rather ignorant about music in general.
    crownedman104 and UnitRico like this.
  6. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I dislike fads and trends almost as much as I dislike people who devote too much time and effort trying to convince people that their selected trend sucks.
    UnitRico and Cover like this.
  7. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    I could understand ones disliking of a particular type of music, but your disliking of that particular genre of music doesn't mean you are able to identify what is music and what is not. I recall Stalin saying once, the reason why he likes Dubstep is for the sounds, the 'wobble bass' and ridiculous noises. Now I can't speak for all Dubstep fans, but I'm pretty sure that's what it has going for it.

It all depends on what you like to hear, if you don't want to hear a beautiful orchestral piece of music that's fine and it doesn't necessarily determine what kind of person you are.
    JosipBrozTito and Chelsea366 like this.
  8. MrUnclepeanuts Well-Known Member

Message Count:

A. an Instrument in general definition is something you use, so yes a microphone is an instrument, but I never said it was an musical instrument now did I? Artificial and the Real thing, is it really hard to understand why the real thing is superior? I'll make an analogy for you, an true AI(Artificial Intelligence) vs Real Organic Intelligence, both self aware, both sentient, BUT AI's/Machines are only as good as their creator, so in other words, once they reach a certain point of evolving, they can never evolve past that point, Real Organics however can keep on evolving no matter the circumstances, 'The Sky's the limit' when it comes to Organics evolving, however AI's/Machines will always be stuck at their eventual archaic level until improved AI's are made then they too will eventually be seen as archaic and inferior, that is why the real thing will always be better then Artificial things, and that is why real musical instruments are better then artificial sounds made on some laptop.

B. So by your logic I'd also have to prove to you that going down a slide is easy because I saw an 8 year old do it? did you not pay attention to my post? 12 year olds are making 'good'(good according to Dubstep fans) dubstep, 12 year olds! people who have small brains, people who barely have the mental fortitude to understand good or bad, right or wrong are making 'good' dubstep, I'd be glad to prove it to you that it's not hard at all, but A. I don't feel like wasting the money on the equipment required just to prove some random dude on the internet that making dubstep is easy B. my ears would most likely explode from the horrible sounds that come from dubstep

A. Artificial and 'Not Real' are the same thing just so you know, Artificial is just the proper term for it, so my computer makes random beeps and electronic noises too, by your logic that's music as well? don't be absurd. Actually there is such a thing as artificial music, music not played by real instruments, and instead made electronically is considered artificial music-wise.

B. I'll refer my second part of my response to ddbb089 to you as well.

C. If your going to play the opinion card, then I'll use that argument against you, your opinion on no genre of music sucking is well.... your opinion ;P

Man, you'd really hate persuasive essays then.

Actually, usually people listen to a certain type of music based on their emotions at the time, so you could definately tell what kind of person he/she might be by their taste's in music, if a person listens to positive/happy songs a lot, then they must really have a positive and good outlook on life, and are safe people to be around, people who listen to Dark Metal, Goth, etc. are most likely people who hate their life and/or have a negative outlook on life(however this does not happen all the time), people who listen to Rock n' Roll are most likely people who like to have a good time, and are somewhat laid back, people who listen Rap/Hip Hop, are people who like loud noises, partying, and obsessed over sex ^-^(okay that time I was joking lol) and last but not least people who listen to little bit of all these things are usually balanced people, not too happy, not too sad/angry, not too uptight, not too laid back, a mix of everything.

Also I never recall Stalin saying he liked dubstep I do recall him saying he likes Techno in general.
  9. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If they are about why dubstep sucks, then yes. I can't fathom why you care so much about dubstep. Also, it's not really an "opinion card". It really just is your opinion. You don't have any "facts" to give us that proves that dubstep sucks.
  10. RonaldRaygun Futuristic Weapon Wielder/Commie Hunter

Message Count:
    ^^^^^
    Autism.

On topic: I like older dubstep when chainsaw rape wasn't the standard.

Melanthropist likes this.
  11. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Fuck, you guys could write essays on Dubstep. Anyway, I don't really like it but to each their own.
  12. ddbb089 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Dude you say you don't have time for making dubstep,but you have time for agruing over it?
    Edit:If a microphone is an instrument and EVERYTHING is an instrument if you can make music with it,then why can't a macbook be an instrument in you words?
  13. RonaldRaygun Futuristic Weapon Wielder/Commie Hunter

Message Count:
    I'd be surprised if most people on the forums were capable of writing a 50 word essay on why kittens are cute.
    Cover likes this.
  14. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Stickin to good'ol Drum n' Bass personally.
  15. bender Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i dont like dubstep for the same reason i dont like justin bieber or any mainstreem genre,
    because they are so uncreative.
    i prefer music with instrumants because you have to learn to use that instrument,
    instead of just using a series of audio files you find on the internet to make so called music.

if you play an instrument you can make music by trying different combinations and by lrial and error.
  16. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Cool story bro, now give up on life and go jump off a cliff for all of us. Speaking of loosing braincels on these forums...
  17. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Go on Youtube, type in Skrillex or Deadmau5, then form an opinion.

I'd say this music could go along with a set of good audiophile equipment, but other than that its unbearable.

But yeah, a New Electronica age is dawning rap is like slowly turning into this electronica frankenstein mess..
  18. MrUnclepeanuts Well-Known Member

Message Count:

u mad bro?

exhibit A of an butthurt Dubstep fan who just got educated in proper music. also it's *Brain Cells, you sure you're not losing any?
  19. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    You're missing the point. I don't care what you think about Dubstep and that's the point. You made an entire thread dedicated on your specific opinion. That is all it is it is your opinion. Gongratz do you want a medal for having an opinion? That being said you have an shitty opinion as it is all based on subjectivity not on objectivity. You don't even back you subjectivity with objectivity. This thread does not contribute to anything but getting your opinion out in public, that no one cares about thus: "Cool story bro". And because you had no objectivity in your post: "give up on life and go jump off a cliff for all of us." This thread was not about discussing dubstep nor was it about discussing about how bad it is (which is pointless because it's all subjective), this thread is all about you and your opinion.

Ps. Why would I listen to every idiot on the internet and act like their opinion is worth anything?

Pps. I'm not a dubstep fan, though I like some Skrillex songs
  20. MrUnclepeanuts Well-Known Member

Message Count:

which makes sense considering I'm ya know the OP and all, I started the topic so shouldn't it revolve around my opinion? Also, 'give up on life, and go jump off a bridge', you are aware that this is seen as harrassment and bullying right? exactly why haven't you been given a warning and/or suspended? Is it because you are of special rank and therefore exempt from being so?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.