FeyBart's Campaign Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bart, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    I nominated myself for job of Tribune again, because I think not much has changed, and I still feel that the elections should be reformed. I also think I will do things different than others. Most people tell you that they want to change big things, and they tell you they are going to give 'the power to the people!', but I feel they just want to get the buttons. I do not want the buttons, neither do I want to propose everything the people want. If you choose me, it must mean that you have some kind of faith in me. That's why I will only propose and act like I feel should be proposed or acted. (Also, keep in mind I'm Dutch, so some grammar will look silly. I hope and ask you not to judge my grammar, but my campaign.)

There are people who propose transparency in all staff decisions. I feel that to be ridiculous. A staff needs some opaqueness and privacy to function the right way. Also, I have noticed, that most people don't even really want this. I will keep you up with eventual progress, but some things are just there to be kept private.

Some people keep saying the old tribunes sucked, and 'we should totally get a new tribune which will do shit'. As of what I heard, these claims are untrue, and I shall not claim that I will be the best Tribune ever. I will claim, that I have a program, and that I will fight for it.

Some people see this a joke, a popularity contest. I think that this is not a popularity contest, but I think that this whole thing is a serious election. You wanted the Tribunes to objectively look at issues, and not to screw around and enjoy their two months in control of the buttons.

I also think I should point at the fact that I also put effort in the community, even though I am not a Tribune yet. I have proven that I take the site serious, and that I am willing to put energy in it
    For example: Pedro3131 and I have already set up the column program. I will continue doing my best on improving the website and it's diversity where I can, and being a Tribune will only make it easier to discuss plans and initiatives with the mods.

I felt that there wasn't much need to change my program, so I copy/pasted it, and adjusted some things:

[IMG]I will keep the forums organised, and clean.
    I can't say that I am the most organised person on the forums (take a look at my room and you'll get what I mean). I will try to keep the forums clean, and spare the mods as much of the "less important" work as I can.

[IMG]I will try to reform the Tribune elections and make them fair and just.
    As I said, the Tribune elections have become a kind of popularity contest, and if I will be elected as the next Tribune, I will work with the mods to renew the rules and make sure only the people who take this serious and do this in a fair way, will be able to run for the title. I already have a plan, I just need to work it out more. I will keep you in touch, and you can discuss it with me in a new thread or in a PM if I get elected.

[IMG]I will stay in touch with the people, but won't overdo it.
    A lot of nominees say they will stay in contact with the community as much as they can, and will only approve or disapprove after a poll. Personally, I think that is:
    A) Impossible: you cannot keep a poll for every little thing you want to speak about.
    B) Unfair: some things are meant to be just for the mods. Otherwise, we might as well have no mods at all.
    C) Unnecessary: you chose your Tribune for a reason. Otherwise (here we go again), we might as well have no Tribunes at all.
    I will go to you if I want advice. However, if a mod addresses an issue, I will not discuss about it with the people, because privacy is not invented without reason. Also, if I ask advice, I do not ask others to decide for me. Advice can be freely ignored. I will only do something if I approve it myself. I hope you understand.

[IMG]I will try to make the site more interactive.
    I will try to make the site more interactive. For example, I will offer the mods a new section on the forums for the YouTube channel. I will (this is stolen from ComradeLer) discuss with the mods for a LiveStream managed by the same guys. If I get more ideas, I will look into the possibilities, make a plan, take initiative, and execute the plan with, you guessed it, consultation with the mods.

[IMG]I will accept ideas, but only if I agree.
    I will listen to as many ideas as I possibly can, and I will try to contact people for more insight in their ideas. Every idea is a good idea, as long as it's meant to help people. If you send me a PM, I will read carefully, look into the possibilities, contact you back, and if there is nothing I can do for you, I will still sit down and talk to you about good alternatives. If we can't find anything, too bad. I'm not a miracle worker, but if you have a reasonable offer or some constructive criticism, I would like to listen to it and try to solve it.

If you don't nominate me or vote for me, I don't mind. It is your choice. But please don't choose those who obviously don't care for this and really don't take it serious. I am sorry if I sound grumpy, but I just feel frustrated about these elections.

I want to thank you for reading, and I hope you stand with me.
    Viking Socrates likes this.
  2. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    It is my honest opinion that FeyBart would make a good tribune and my opinion is worth 10 times that of a normal person. So take that into consideration forum members.

Also keep in mind that he is running the NKVD newsletter and he can handle a staff position.
    FeyBart likes this.
  3. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Thank you. :)
  4. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    From what I see you have good ideas, but will you manage to make them move on??

I'll probably vote for you then, you and Ler .
  5. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Fey and Ler for first tribunes of 2012!
    Karakoran and yuri2045 like this.
  6. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    I have no idea, but the same can be said to others. At least I have a plan.

Thanks! ;)
  7. The Evil Major Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Just give me a thousand GOLD. So I can help meeee to help you.

No really I'm going to vote you in this militarytribune thing, just tell me how does this work (I have read the Constitution), how does the voting work?
  8. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    You can nominate me by clicking on 'Nominate' in my signature and liking the post, but there wouldn't be much need for that right now, except giving me a free like :D. However, you can vote for me when the voting thread get's up, I think on January 13th. Thanks in advance!
  9. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well voting for the master race might get me a few brownie points. :cool:
    FeyBart likes this.
  10. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    Wow, your idea's seem pretty well thought out. Kudos to you :D

Hope you and Ler become our two Tribunes. Both you and him, you especially, have some excellent idea's, and are obviously active. :D
    FeyBart likes this.
  11. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I will vote for you, because i would rather see you win then anyone else.
  12. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Rah Rah for the Flying Dutchmen.
  13. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Even yourself?
  14. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You took the time to put in checkmark pictures? Damn, that's impressive campaigning.
    FeyBart likes this.
  15. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Yes.
  16. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    He doesn't take this seriously, just look at his thread.
  17. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    you hurt my feelings, of course i take it seriously, but i also understand that this is a internet forum and is in itself a joke. but please in respect to the OP take it to my thread.
  18. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys. :) Oh, and remember to actually vote on January 13th. :p
  19. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Ok then, I'll refrain from what I just said, but next time don't make text walls. =P
  20. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If things don't pan out for Ler and Chives, I will vote for you, FeyBart.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.