Hi to all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CheGuevara, Jul 8, 2012.

1. CheGuevara New Member

Message Count:
    First, my english is very bad so don't be "mad" on me, if you dont understand something.

On this forum I called myself "CheGuevara", mostly because he is symbol of revolution, and revolution is something that needs to my country.

I come from Bosnia and Herzegovina, you possible don't know where is this country, and you don't think that this country is important, just like bosnians (there isn't bosnians in Bosnia, I'll explain you that later) think about some country's like Kirgistan or Somalia.

If you are interested where is Bosnia and Herzegovina you will find it on google, it is beautiful country with long history started from illiriyans, then romans, then bosnians (there was bosnian's in medieval Bosnia but not today we will come to that), then comes Ottomans, then Habsburgs, then Yugoslavia one, Yugoslavia two, then modern Bosnia and Herzegovina. You noticed there is long history for this country.

Some of you maybe heard about what recently (20 years) happend in Bosnia and Herzegovina. After fall of communist Yugoslavia, Serbia invade Bosnia, and bosnian serbs join them (you now mean wtf bosnian this bosnian that what serbs etc, but believe me I live here and I hardly understand). Then bloody war happend, everyone said this was bloodiest war in Europe after WW2. Over 100 000 were killed and milion lost their homes. There was mass killings, killing camps, women were raped etc etc.

Today Bosnia and Herzegovina has independence, in Bosnia now live bosniaks, bosnian serbs and bosnian croats. There is two entities Republika Srpska and Federacija BiH. In Republika Srpska main ethnic group is bosnian serbs, in Federacija main group are bosniaks and bosnian croats. You noticed there is no bosnians like I said.

They look same they act same they have same languages, (they claim that there is difference and kids in school choose what language they want, they made things like separate school's (one building two school's)). But that is like you say canadians and americans dont understand each other languages.

All three people's hate each other, and they are all same, they don't have any right in their's country's. Politicians are stealing everything and they keep telling the story against other ethnic group (like it's not our fault it is their's) and that story go'es on for years.

There are huge number of unemployed people, because all industry is crashed in war, and foreign capitalist dont want to invest because of political instability. Nobody want's peace and nobody wants to work togheter for better tomorow of all.

And that's it, I had a need to tell you this. It is hard and difficult as it sounds. We all hope something change but nobody dont start nothing.

Bye!
  2. Alsanu New Member

Message Count:
    Hello,

I'm a bit curious about your country...

Although there is no armed conflict in your country, but how tense is the situation over there?
    What's your view and the view of Bosnian people (with Bosnian, I refer to being a civilian in Bosnia) on foreigners?

btw, I heard about the corruption over there.
  3. CheGuevara New Member

Message Count:
    Only thing that can start a war again is separation of serbian entity. They are trying to manage their entity like it is independent country. I was a bit afraid when Kosovo got their independence, everybody thought it is chance for Republika Srpska to do same thing, but that did'nt happend.

Best example of how situation is tense, is on football match when one of the bosniak's football club's are playing with a club from Republika Srpska. There are war flags everywhere, and police must be on very high level to separate fans, even with so much security incidents happends. And every year it's like that.

As I told my english is bad, and I mean by that "foreigners" you think about tourist, which are coming too Bosnia or how bosnian's are viewing on political situation in world.

Everybody is welcome too Bosnia, because tourist will spent some cash. And about second, serbs "are with" russians, croats "with" americans, and bosniak's are mainly support muslim countrys.

Corruption is everywhere, if you have enough money you can bribe what you want, chief of police, one of the presidents(we have three presidents), religious leader, anything.
  4. StephenColbert27 Active Member

Message Count:
    Middle of a Corn Field somewhere in Illinois
    Welcome to the forums. Otherwise known as Hell.
  5. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Someone from my class was Bosnian. From what I remember from her, it sounded horrible.
    So, what is your stance on Srebrenica, and what's the general opinion on the whole case in Bosnia itself? I don't know too much about it, but we hear something about it here in the Netherlands from time to time.

And of course, welcome to the forums!
  6. CheGuevara New Member

Message Count:
    I think you can't have "a stance" on Srebrenica, 8 000 people are dead and they died just in few days. That is a fact. But you have people that are saying genocide didn't happend (serbs), I dont really know how are they justify dead bosniaks founded in mass graves. But international court said that in Srebrenica happend genocide.

Other two ethnic groups, agree that in Srebrenica genocide happend.

On July 11 2012 will be 17 years since this crime happend. I will be Srebrenica next week.
  7. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay.
  8. trots 20-20 Member

Message Count:
    Hello friend anybody who enjoys che guevara is a plus one in my book, and a quick quesion why is it bosnia AND Hervogovina that part always bothered me.
  9. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    True, but I was more referring to the stance of the UN and the Dutch during the conflict? Are they being blamed for it, seeing as they were supposed to protect the Bosnian people in the camp, or do they put all the blame on the Serbian army? Again, I don't know too much about the whole conflict, so if I said anything that's wrong, please do correct me.
  10. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    Hey welcome to the forums.
  11. battleearl Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Welcome to the forums!

You remind me of someone in my class who originates from Bosnia and has a Che shirt.
  12. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Your quite the rebel aren't you? Bought any anarchy T-shirts yet?
  13. bender Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    hello and welcome to the forums.
    i dont know much about Bosnia, but i know some people from Bosnia, and the food is pretty good.
  14. Dreagon Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'm going to guess it's because it's two regions, one called Bosnia and the other Herzogovina. Just like Serbia used to be Serbia-Montenegro.
  15. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Welcome to the forums Che.
    We used to have another member named Che.
    Do you hate Jews like he did?

@trots 20-20
    I'm pretty sure most regional maps will show a dotted line where the two regions are separated.
  16. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Who is the other Bosnian on the forums? He does lets plays and has an awesome accent.
  17. bender Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    hey chives! why isnt your name orange anymore?
  18. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    Obviously the mods stripped him of power because they're corrupt.
  19. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    @marshalledin
    Im sure he could talk to you about bosnia if he still comes on the forums.
    Aw fuck that isnt his forum name.
  20. Chives Newest Member

Message Count: