Official In Regards to Kalalification’s Moderator Status

Discussion in 'Archive' started by JosefVStalin, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    So it seems like the issue regarding Kalalification’s actions as a moderator have boiled over yet again. Over the past few months I have been working to moderate the debate between the two sides on the issue which can be loosely defined as people who support the way Kali has acted against some members (mainly ComradeLer) and those who think he has gone too far and acted inappropriately.

After extensive talks with both sides I have seen that both sides are eerily similar in their arguments and tone. Both sides claim to have the moral high ground, both sides claim to be acting in the best interest of the community, both sides claim to have the majority with them, but most of all both sides are extremely stubborn and refuse to come to anything beyond the most meager of compromises.

Because of their stubbornness and refusal to listen to each other or come to any sort of compromise I have decided that it’s best to put this up to a community wide vote on the issue of Kalalification’s moderator status. Despite what some people want me to do I will not just simply remove Kali from his position because a decision like that should lie with the community as a whole. It is time to see now really were the majority lies.

I have tried endlessly to find a common ground, to draft options which benefit everyone, to not force anyone into this position, but it seems I am left with no choice. In the end what will happen is going to be derived from the supreme authority of the masses. While I could make a decision on my own, everyone would be left wondering, “What did the people really want?”

So this is your time, let your voices ring out. If you have a problem with the way Kalalification has been acting this is your opportunity to let it be known. As well if you think Kalalification is a swell guy who should remain in power let it be known as well. I leave it up to you to vote on Sunday January 22nd. I will leave the comments below for both sides to make their final arguments.
  2. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    I'm on neither of the sides and I think this whole issue is ridiculous. Just let the guy remain in power and stop over-reacting, people!
    General Mosh likes this.
  3. Unillogical Ex-Admin

Message Count:
    @Stalin - please don't use colours that don't cater for both themes, I can't read your post without highlighting.

In debates in the moderators corner and elsewhere I have frequently criticized both sides because of the way the conduct themselves such that I wouldn't go as far to say that either side has the high ground. I think people believe that Kali's detractors are easy to pin down in the "communist clique" of the forum, that being said I wouldn't let anyone who chooses to conduct themselves in such a way become moderator.

I have argued that Kali should change the way he acts and I have repeatedly warned him that continually acting in such a way will lead to him becoming increasingly and irreversibly unpopular which he has acknowledged & chosen to ignore.

Now I am of the opinion that people take this forum too seriously (Matt cannot be excluded from this despite his post in which he seems to criticise those that do), that being said the fact that they do means that the way we as staff should act has to reflect that. I would like to be the first member of Staff to publicly state that I support, and have for a while supported the removal of Kalalification as moderator. The rules dictate to me what I can and cannot say, which is perhaps fortunate. But suffice it to say that I do not like the guy, and we'll leave it there.

He is insulting to members, he victimises Ler (a bit melodramatic phrasing I admit) - you can't see the moderators corner but he liked the post where I stated Ler would be unable to run which I thought was utterly appalling & he thinks he is better than he is.

I will leave this post here, in truth I would have rather it hadn't have to come to this, but Kali clearly knows best, he was/is too arrogant to change and frankly even if he was willing to at this point the damage is done. He has no one to blame but himself.

I believe I am the first Staff member to come out against his actions & I encourage others if they feel the same to do the same.
    Chelsea366 likes this.
  4. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    We don't need to remove him from the Moderator team, although, he needs to be less of an ass, and not just him either, not just the Moderating team, some of the members here as well. It is rediculous the way some of you guys act sometimes, I have noticed many times threads just completely flying off of the bar and spiraling into nothing but stupid off topic one sentance banter, even in places where it shouldn't be. Or it could just loop over and over again with the same argument and same points, attempting to clarify what has been said before.

My final arguement, we don't need to remove anybody or enact anything that has been adressed to us (I may be uninformed) but, this is unacceptable and cannot go on. Just be calm, don't be an ass, remain civil and stay on topic for certain threads.
    slydessertfox and yuri2045 like this.
  5. Kalalification Guest

As a moderator I have never once broken a rule or adjudicated improperly, and I think that the rest of the mods would be willing to back that statement up.

There is no crime for which I stand accused, no claim of legislative or judicial misconduct; simply a general dislike for my person. The problem people have with me is that I don't mince words, don't hide behind pretense, don't claim to like everyone, and am generally not considered to be 'nice.' Well even if all of that were true, does it mean that I am a bad moderator?

As a mod I've always acted according to my principles, which has put me in conflict with pretty much every other mod at some point and with certain mods virtually constantly. We all have independent views on how the forum should be run, but oftentimes the things that I proposed or defended have been unpopular. Nevertheless, I stand by my decisions as a moderator and believe that my reputation and actions will vindicate me.

I think if you were to examine my track record as a mod, both judicially and legislatively, you would find that there aren't any grounds for my dismissal, and that indeed I've actually done a number of things to benefit the forum. Just from what's visible to you via the Rules and Proposals section, you should know that I was the primary instigator and supporter of legislative transparency. Obviously I can't share my judiciary record with you, but I think the rest of the mods will be able to confirm that I apply the rules equally across the user base and act with as much impartiality as is possible within the position.

No doubt there will be a lot of slander (okay, actually libel) going around here regarding myself, but remember that this isn't an 'us vs. them' situation; evaluate my status as a mod based on my actions, not your disposition and temperament.
  6. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    I don't agree with Kali being removed as a moderator, if only he stopped harassing/attacking members like he does with Ler, I don't mind the way he debates or anything like that. But the thread about Transparency was going nice and then he starts accusing Ler of trivialities. That is not what anyone expects about a person from the moderating staff and if he doesn't stop with that I will agree with his removal. I don't mind him being a dick, but I do mind him attacking/harassing only some select members.

But I should also put in here that Kali as a moderator in itself does a good job.
  7. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Let's make this preventitive, so that it won't expand to most members.
  8. LeonTrotsky Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I guess this is for the best, but I still think that both sides are acting like a bunch of whinny juveniles. Thank you for your time and effort though.
  9. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Jesus Christ guys just because Kali has no filter does not mean he should be removed from moderator status. Is it really bad that he does not hide any of his opinions like most of us do? Most of us have the same feeling to some other members that Kali has to members like Ler. Just because we do not openly express those opinions does not mean we do not have the same biases Kali does. As a moderator, he has never actually broken a rule, and from what I looked at in the rule proposals sections, has acted fairly and just as a moderator. There is no need to remove him whatsoever, even if he is a dick.
  10. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Well this is fairly stupid.
    sirdust and Achtung Kommunisten! like this.
  11. Achtung Kommunisten! Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Birmingham, United Kingdom, European Union
    I'd agree, but poor Stalin himself has had to try to sort this out, so it's clearly more important than I thought. I don't know anything much about this whole thing, but i've never had any problem with Kalalification. If there have been ocassions where he's put me down, he's always come across as knowledgeable, if slightly stuck-up, certainly never malicious. Anyway, someone needs to play 'bad cop' (or bad mod) and it sure isn't going to be MatthewChris is it?
    In short, this is one more vote for Kalalification
  12. Leonard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Everyone should stop caring this much about the politics of a minor gaming forum. Seriously. I'm not just referring to this, but the election drama as well. It's not necessary and it is driving people away, which is the last thing this forum needs.

Keep calm and carry on, folks.
  13. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    While Kali can be a dick to people sometimes, in the end this issue is about him being qualified as a moderator. As a person, he should try and be less of a dick, but as a moderator, I haven't seen him being more or less reasonable than any other moderator, and therefore I see no reason to remove him from his position.
    yuri2045 likes this.
  14. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I have never seen kali using his position wrong. And leonard has a point. This drama is so stupid.
  15. Unillogical Ex-Admin

Message Count:
    Kalalification while pushing the boundaries of what the rules allow has not crossed them. As for his actual moderating, he hasn't done a bad job.

But the mistake you seem to be making Kali is to say that all a moderator is, is someone who hands out warnings. You represent the site, you hold a position of power. Also it's not that you have strong opinions, I am an atheist going to a Catholic run university, one of my best friends is an extreme Catholic, makes you look left wing with his beliefs but we get on like a house on fire, because the issue is not your opinions but the way you speak to people who disagree is insulting, patronising and arrogant. How on earth you managed to piss people off to such a level on the fucking internet is beyond me, and it's all very well to say "well I did my job" - fantastic, well done! But we as the other staff members told you to calm it down, and you simply haven't and I have lost all respect for you because of it.

The fact is people actively want you gone and I ask myself the question would the site function better without you as a moderator? and the answer is a resounding yes, no more drama. Yes the crime you are being accused of is for being an absolute dick, the mere fact you are arguing that they way you choose to act is irrelevant to you being a moderator is proof enough to me that you shouldn't be one.

Could I live if you stay a moderator? yes, because this forum is not important to me in the sense it is to a lot of other members. But frankly it would be easier if you step down.
    Chelsea366 and yuri2045 like this.
  16. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Gone to hell in a heart beat.
  17. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Basically what fucking faggot said. Kali would like you to believe he has done absolutely nothing and really it's just the irrational behavior of a few people, but I don't think Stalin would be seriously considering his removal if that was the case.
  18. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    While Kali has proven time and time again that he generally dislikes the communist of the forum and can be somewhat of a stubborn asshole ( unless 100% evidence is shown to directly go against any of his claims he refuses to give any other side but his own a chance) although I admire this in a way, it would appear it makes Kali extremely difficult to get along and or deal with. Now have you done your job as a moderator, I would Say yes you have done this and to a pretty large degree but remember you are a mod and thus represent the forums more so then most anyone else. You are and will always remain so an absolute dick who's hatred with anything you disagree with make you almost impossible to work with. I only wish I could view the mod's corner to get more of clear understanding of the situation.

Although you have done a wonderful job at being a mod, it is time for you to step down although I think should be temporarily modship removal. (Say 2 weeks to a month)

Although I personally do like you Kali in a way.
  19. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    Kali should not lose his moderator status he can be an asshole sometimes but that is it, there is no good reason to remove him.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  20. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    So to put it short and sweet.

Kali you are a total asshole, stop being an asshole and we will love you again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.