Mass effect 3 ending... My thoughts and yours

Discussion in 'Games' started by Surfusa, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Parradise Valley, Arizona, United States of Americ
    I gotta say, Bioware has not had it easy. A small company developing a brilliant title called Mass Effect? No one saw it coming, but it happened. We loved long ago, in a less EA corrupted world. Now you have joined the dark side with EA, releasing a crappy ending. I was actually okay with the last ending, but I could understand how everyone felt that their first opinion was right over the indoctrination theory.

Okay just a heads up this will be a spoiler thread!

The extended cut rewrites moments in the game, not just extend it! It's a disgrace when you see that moments such as the push forward are completely losses due to the Normandy safely flying in right next to the beam! (This is the "Happy Endings for all" bullshit)

There are so many flaws and extended sections that should not be there.

Then there are the endings. It still seems like indoctrination; however the dream part of the endings are continued, not what's actually happening.

Let's begin with the fourth new ending, with "rejecting" the catalyst. In that ending you shoot the boy and the cycle continues. This ending is a middle finger to all the fans who said they could not stand the ending. I'm sure half of them are now saying "fuck you Bioware" and walking away with their future investment.

Now the green and blue options are still retarded relying on "space magic" to fix everything. I didn't want to know what a creative mind Shepard has nor what happens when he thinks of their ending, I want the truth that everyone is dying.

The destroy option, which is the way to stop the indoctrination is now just depressing and is almost not worth being right. My mistake, it is, because that ending (even if you live) is not continued. Now it's just a depressing ending that I regret choosing.

Thanks a lot Bioware, you really put effort in "fixing" this.
  2. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    You could put spoilers in
    Spoiler
  3. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    What the ending DLC is out? Well I've so I'll be right back got to go play ME3.
  4. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Wait! Oh forget it... You'll only be hurting yourself
  5. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    The indoctrination theory is not true. Sorry.
  6. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Why do u say that, there's still the ending where you can survive after watching you dream fantesies... And! What about the wound... The theory still works and cannot be proven wrong. But the extended cut still doesn't deny/ prove it
  7. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    But there is nothing conclusive or decisive proving it. My main problem with the indoctrination theory is that it is never proven beyond a reasonable doubt. And if the indoctrination theory is true, then Bioware is keeping the true ending out of our hands, with the original and new endings.
  8. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    It has been proven to such an extent that it can't be just coincidence. The Normandy couldn't get close to Harbinger like that, Anderson couldn't get ahead like that, You didn't take a wound to the chest like Anderson, Haqett couldn't contact you after taking a blast like that... Bioware want it's fans to be smart in understanding the ending (EA wants the money). The rejection option is also in Harbinger's voice! The option is only available so you understand that it's not an option.

There are too many story holes if you say there is no Indoctrination Theory, but the problem, the extended cut only continues the dreaming portion of the endings.

Also

"It's getting late, but okay. One more story..."
    -Sage telling of the Shepard.

That line isn't said when you choose refusal.