Official Official Statement

Discussion in 'Site Policy and Rule Announcements' started by JosefVStalin, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    People have been wondering why recently certain members have been banned temporarily. The reason for every single one is direct or indirect personal insults against me, and this is something I will not tolerate. While the remarks in question were not particularly offensive and I won’t exactly be crying myself to sleep over them, it has definitely revealed to me that there needs to be a change in the way things are done around here.

Let’s be frank, I put up with a lot of stuff on these forums, a lot more than most people, maybe even the majority think I should, but personal insults against me are a breaking point. I do not come on my forums to be insulted and belittled, I come on my own forums to have fun and have a good time conversing about topics which I am interested in with people who share similar interests and passions. I believe that for a lot of us the forums haven’t been enjoyable as of late, me included. I have a lot on my plate and the forums used to always be a vehicle of stress relief in my life, now they are causing untold amounts of unnecessary stress in my life to the point where I have reached a tipping point.

It’s gotten to the point where I need to take matters into my own hands and do what it takes to reduce the amount of stress this is causing me in my life and return the forums to my vision of what I wanted it to be when I started it. Which is above all, a place where people can enjoy themselves. While I haven’t fully formed my plans know that changes will be coming. Some of which include:

Clear and precise insult rules with examples of what is ok and what is not.

Rule Reform

Clear codes of conduct which moderators will have to follow or face consequences.

Insuring more consistency when interpreting and applying the rules.

So I will say this now, if you believe it’s ok to insult the owner of the forums, or any other member, then leave now because I won’t tolerate it anymore. That is not to say I don’t want constructive criticism and good council, just don’t be a douche about it because you won’t be heard. That is also not to say everyone has to conform to certain ideas and philosophies, but you are surely able of vocalizing your opinions and ideas in a manner that isn’t insulting to another.

That is all on the matter
    Bart, General Mosh, Daddy92 and 7 others like this.
  2. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
  3. William Jacksonson New Member

Message Count:
    Posting here because the other thread was locked. Also, this is a Lennin's Beard Multi.
    So, I should start by saying, that not only Link, Ronald, and Kali have been banned, but it seems that the same has happened to Demondaze.
    You have been here for an extremely short period of time, and I highly doubt you've even read the rules. You don't know shit, and Stalin obviously has zero respect for the rules on his own site, as he does not come anywhere close to following them. He doesn't even pretend to follow them, and saying he does is fucking absurd. Not only that, but is not consistent in the slightest, and if you had been here for longer than a fucking week, you would know that. There is no other explanation for this than him being extremely butthurt.
    And here is a skype chatlog from Stalin

Removed Chat logs for obvious violation of privacy.

The first part shows that Stalin himself admits to not following the correct protocol for bans.

And here, we can see that Stalin is not some paragon of justice, upholding the rules of the site, but rather, being very childish, as well as hypocritical, seeing as he is banning people for insulting him, and then goes and makes an equally petty remark. This is not even a response to someone who insulted him either, but rather, it's just an instant of Stalin getting frustrated and lashing out at someone, which is exactly what is happening here. It's also worth nothing, that all the apparently banworthy insults that were getting thrown around were completely facetious, and there is no excuse for this kind of reaction. Do we really want Stalin to be that guy, the admin who cries his eyes out and bans people for the slightest little thing?
    StephenColbert27 likes this.
  4. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Who are you Asian guy?
  5. William Jacksonson New Member

Message Count:
    Someone who loves you very much. We have to support one another in these times of turmoil, my countryman.
    CHINA STRONG!
    Aleem Tariq and Vulcan200x like this.
  6. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Wow.
    I'm simply going to sit out entirely on this one until it's all over.
  7. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
    I actually have.

Actually, I do.

If you didn't notice, this is a thread about initiating new rules. The past is not to be swept under the rug but it's also part of what used to be. Not what he's doing now.

You're still missing the point.

Two weeks, thank you.

On Skype, not the site.

No we want him to be the admin who creates and enforces rules. Looks like you're the only one crying your eyes out.
    Bart likes this.
  8. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I will also come out and say that Demon Daze has not been banned.
  9. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Stalin, why...why have you done this to the people of the forums. I have supported you for a long time, that only good comes from you, have I been wrong Stalin? Answer me! I remembered when I first joined the forums, a place of awesomeness and as time goes on I am starting to doubt you as the cool god leader I once knew. I remember the forums stood for freedom, and stuff, the forums was like a country. This country was fine until mods became corrupt, I know this for a fact because of Chelsea is out to get me. Stalin stop before the hate comes, do for the forums, don't let this evolve to a 1984. Please Stalin..Please!
  10. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    @William Jacksonson Is Kali ordering all of his followers to rise up against the site? Sure seems like it.
  11. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Is there actually a way to see if people are banned? I asked the forum witch doctor, @Jimiruquai, but his answer was as his way of life, cryptic. On topic, I think you're overreacting to insults but I hope that your reform won't just cause more drama, like the last one did.
  12. Yarpen Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I lol'd
    Achtung Kommunisten! likes this.
  13. bender Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    follow the rules, or its gulag time people!
    slydessertfox and Anwrise888 like this.
  14. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    All my support goes to Stalin. He has to put up with all the shit we post on his poor site.
  15. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think it been like that since "The Happiness and Smiles Act"
  16. C_G Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Right, if that is the case then can you ban kobashenka. She has said dome fairly hurtful things to me, and various other members of the site (I think) :'(

Also, is it really too much to ask to post information about the situation each time someone gets banned?
  17. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
    Yeah, go ahead and send me to the 'lags. My people are used to it.
    bender likes this.
  18. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think Koba is the favorite around the staff. That is my observation.
  19. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
    What backs that up?
  20. Jimiruquai New Member

Message Count:
    I have sacrificed many cattle for purpose of communicating with spirits of internet. Am told that man of Far East, William Jacksonson, was banned. To compensate for this knowledge, am told by spirits to tell story of this great man, for all forum to see.
    slydessertfox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.