PC Hardware problems with no damage.

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by P4 explosive, Apr 27, 2012.

1. P4 explosive Member

Message Count:
    So I was playing world of tanks on my Inspiron 1545(Vista 32 bit), which runs the game smoothly (At low settings). Until it crashed and I got a Blue screen. The PC restarted and I decided to restart windows normally. I was able to login, but the computer was running extremely slowly. I could move the cursor around the screen, but it would take 5mins just to open the start menu. I restarted (Held down the on/off button) and launched safe mode. The computer worked fine, and still does, as I am writing this in safe mode, so I restarted it properly, but the same. Normal mode didn't work. I repeated the process several times, and I was once met with a blue screen after leaving the PC for several minutes in normal mode. So I decided to run diagnostics, and the one problem was:
    ERROR CODE 0142 MSG: ERROR CODE 2000 - 0142 MSG: HARD DRIVE 0 - SELF TEST UNSUCCESSFUL. STATUS: 79
    I did some searching and found out this is a hard-drive error usually caused by hardware damage. My PC has not been damaged this way.

NOTE: I tried using system restore, only to find that all my restore points have been deleted, even though I have 44 out of 232GB free space. I frequently run programs such as CCleaner, pritform defrag, and IOLO system mechanic, which might have deleted them.
    OTHER NOTE: It is warranted, but if I could fix it without DELL's "help" it would be much appreciated.
  2. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    How are you on the internet in safe mode?
  3. P4 explosive Member

Message Count:
    Safe mode with networking
  4. Leonard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    First of all, why use black text? I had to highlight the OP because I couldn't see anything. Anyway, it sounds like a hardware issue to me. I've had that happen before, and it really sucks to figure out what's wrong. All you can really do is temporarely replace each individual part and see if that fixes the problem.
  5. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    He's probably only used the white background.
  6. Leonard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That's a horrible background. He should fix that, it might be the source of his problem.