RAPTURE 2011!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Lennins Beard, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/may21/
    All I can say is...

ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEW, JUDGEMENT DAY! NOTHING BUT BALLS-TO-THE-WALL ACTION! WHO WILL WIN, JESUS "THE SAVIOUR" CHRIST, OR SATAN "THE LORD OF DARKNESS" LUCIFER? WELL YOU'LL HAVE TO HAVE BEEN A SINNER TO GET UP-CLOSE AND PERSONAL ACTION TO THE EVENT! EXTREEEEEEEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I'm confused, is this a joke?
  3. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'm not being serious, however, those nutjobs on that website are.
  4. Ahobowithaids Member

Message Count:
    I was honestly expecting a debate about Andrew Ryan's philosophy. There was disappointment.

But in-topic...weird. That's about all I have to say about that.
  5. Dudstraction! New Member

Message Count:
    If it happens. Wat r we going to do?
  6. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Repent I suppose. But it's obviously Bologna.
  7. CyberViking27 Active Member

Message Count:
    What's truly frightening is that these people are possibly dead serious about their message. And they're obviously none too bright. I noticed this little gem immediately:

"7 BC—The year Jesus Christ was born (11,006 years from creation).

33 AD—The year Jesus Christ was crucified and the church age began (11,045 years from creation; 5023 calendar years from the flood)."

So. Jesus was 39 when he was crucified? I really thought he was supposedly 33. Regardless, the first seven years of his life somehow are BC but the rest are AD? Huh? It's, to sane people, a maths (or logic) error. But to these folks it's God's timeline of the master plan. Somehow, God isn't too great at simple arithmetic. Sort of discredits their message right out of the gate, eh?

Plus they're claiming that shortly after the rapture (Sign up now, folks! It's right around the corner!) that the world will be destroyed by flame. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there supposed to be 1000 years of wars, strife, and general nastiness after the rapture but before Armageddon? It's been a long time since I considered myself a Christian so I could be wrong about this...

What a bunch of end-of-the-world fear mongering. Obviously they're selling something. It's people like this that give religion a bad name. Carnival hucksterism to bleed the idiots of their money.
  8. Kalalification Guest

It's because the actual birth date of Christ is thought to have been several years before the traditional "BC" marking. No one is exactly certain of His birth date, but it wouldn't be outrageous to suggest 7 BC.
  9. CyberViking27 Active Member

Message Count:
    Don't get me wrong here. I'm in no way trying to use this to disprove the Christian beliefs as a whole. Frankly, I don't see that you could really prove or disprove that until something like the rapture actually takes place or the second coming of Christ. I'm just at odds with people that use fear mongering for profit, like this group. It's going to be rather interesting to see how they backpedal their way out of this come May 22nd. The end of the world has been claimed dozens of times. Hasn't happened yet. Really doubtful that it's happening May 21st. Doesn't the Bible say that you won't know the day or the hour? This group claims that you can, contrary to their own Holy writings. In the meantime they're willing to sell you all sorts of books and such. I haven't looked too far into their site but I'm surprised that they're not selling plenary indulgences.
  10. Ahobowithaids Member

Message Count:
    The BC/AD timeline is really a misnomer. It's not as simple as "before and after Jesus."
  11. Kalalification Guest

That's the original intent. Before Christ and Anno Domini or the Year of Our Lord (AKA Jesus's suspected birthdate).