Recruiting LP'ers for the Channel

Discussion in 'NKVD YouTube Channel' started by Bart, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    You should have all heard of the YouTube community channel by now. It had been aired after a long period of emptiness, but we are now running strong. We have twelve different Let's Plays uploaded and going (3 finished, 1 hiatus), ready for you to watch. Lately, we've decided to lay the focus more on quality than quantity, because 8 parallel LP's seems like a bit much. On the other hand, we don't want to completely close the gates. What we will be doing, is discuss everything we discuss already with the people, and let them upload the first part of an LP to their own channel. If approved, we'll allow that person to take down the first part, and upload it to the community channel. If it's not approved, we're sorry, but we still encourage you strongly to keep making LP's and train yourself in doing so.

Right now, we have episodes uploaded for the following games:

(Finished) Paranoia (@Soviet Streltsy)
    (Finished) Nightmare House 2 (@Soviet Streltsy),
    (Finished) Ispatel: Classic (@Soviet Streltsy),
    (Finished) Donkey Kong Country Returns (@Showboat0099),
    Civilization V (@slydessertfox),
    Rome: Total War (@Redbullk1d),
    Darksiders (@Showboat0099),
    Dragon Age: Origins (@Dreagon),
    Shogun 2: Total War FotS (@GeneralofCarthage),
    Mount & Blade: The Pelopennesian War (@GeneralofCarthage),
    Supreme Commander 2 (@Dreagon),
    Anno 2070 (@Showboat0099),
    Slender (@Showboat0099),
    (Hiatus) Warcraft III (@SPQR),

Like said, more people are still welcome. Everyone can request permission to join in if capable to make videos of good quality (at least 480p without watermark, and 720p/1080p would be great). It can be about any game, as long as the CM's have approved. It is advised to first consult the CM's about your choice of game, so you won't waste your time on recording denied episodes.

(Note: Our focus on the moment is diversity too; we'd like more different games from different genres, and more topics like history, philosophy or politics are very welcome and encouraged!.)

If you want to discuss the things said above privately, or consult the game or type of video you should do, you should contact Redbullk1d or me, and preferably both (it's best to add your Skype address). We are, so far, the channel's maintainers, until in grows. Questions can be asked below.

Monetization:
    Right now, there's not a realistic possibility that we'll get monetization with AdSense on some videos. But if we ever do, we don't want people to gain any money on it, as we don't want people to spend any money on it. This is a community channel, and it is not intended for personal benefit, neither should people feel like they should invest anything in it. All the money earned would go to a separate bank account, and it would all be invested in either the Channel, the forums, or the community in a broader sense of the word.

Disclaimer: The Channel Maintainers always reserve the right to change the channel's policies, no matter the circumstances. This may be announced or not announced. We also reserve the rights to reject contributors depending on the circumstances. This is a rare event, and only applies to very few situations.

Edit log (dd-mm-'yy):
    15-04-'12: The list of LP's has been updated. One LP got deleted off the list, four LP's got added. (Bart)
    18-04-'12: Strongly changed and updated the text for the event of the channel being aired. Huzzah! (Bart)
    22-04-'12: Whiny be done? (Bart)
    25-04-'12: Chives scrapped, SPQR added. (Bart)
    06-05-'12: Segment about monetization added. (Bart)
    17-05-'12: "New" LP's added. Should take some more care. :p (Bart)
    18-05-'12: Warcraft III is now on hiatus due to technical problems. We apologize to all the subs. (Bart)
    20-05-'12: Updated the monetization section, and updated the post in general. We are also limiting the amount of people getting in. (Bart)
    08-06-'12: Clearing something up, and updating this log. :) (Bart)
    21-06-'12: You know which LP is finished? Donkey Kong Country Retùùùùùùùrns! (Bart)
    08-07-'12: Two new LP's have been added: Slender and Anno 2070.
  2. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Once I can start making LPs again, I might look into doing something for this channel as well.
  3. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I could do a let's play of leisure suit Larry... or jibbin, though i doubt anyone would be interested.
  4. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    That's exactly what I mean when talking about the term "diversity". :) Great, I'd love to see either of these games.

Judging from the title, Leisure suit Harry must be a masterpiece.
  5. Showboat0099 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Just started a conversation with Dutch and Redbull giving my ideas of what I can do for the NKVD channel. Wide range of stuff, but mostly Strategy and RPGs for both the PC and Wii. I didn't talk about Total War games in that conversation, though, but they are possibilities (I do own all TW games since Rome). I didn't mention them because of the whole diversity thing. I look forward to hearing back from you guys about it.

PS: Subscribed!
  6. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    We can put up our game night footage there aswell as lp's I was thinking about starting a napoleonic war regiment for the new warband dlc. But I don't think I would have a pc by then.
    yuri2045 and slydessertfox like this.
  7. Redbullk1d NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    I know that running a MM regiment is really hard work, such as organising teamspeak, servers, training and linebattles. You have to have constant content unless you want to bore your members. Also I am in a really good quality regiment with good friendly people, and I am not prepared to leave with no insurance that it will work. Aswell do you even know how MM regiments are constructed? Do you have links with linebattle organisers?
    So I am out!
    If you would like to join the regiment that I am in please PM me!
  8. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Keyword thinking, I dont have the resources atm, but it was something to, consider.
  9. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So, is the only video that can be seen right now supposed to be part 4 of an LP?

Anyway, I've been thinking, and I had a decent idea of something I want to do. I'll contact one of you about it later on, probably when I'm almost able to record again or something.
  10. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    That must have been a mistake uploading. Fixed it. But we have twelve videos of four different LP's right now, so stuff is moving into the right direction. It's still not a huge number, though. We need more.

I'm interested in your idea. Looking forward to hearing it. What's the problem with making LP's right now, again? Wasn't it the video size? You could fix it with VirtualDub.
  11. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    If my Portugal lp save file wasn't corrupted and my brother didn't delete his/mine account, I could have sent you my 16 episodes I uploaded but I didn't think about backing them up.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  12. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I see that we can now upload videos over 15 minutes...
  13. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Mostly size, indeed. I'll have to look into a way to compress the file while I'm recording. Although, it sort of depends on the length you prefer. I might have enough space for 15 mins, but I don't know how much content you'd get.

Another factor is the upcoming test week I have, in which I have to do well.
  14. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    You're welcome.
    And honestly, it was difficult, I don't know why I had to be the one to do it.
  15. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Lol sarcasm
  16. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    How did you?
  17. Da Julii Member

Message Count:
    The NKVD channel is an idea which really excited me when I heard about it. I am a big fan of the Mount and Blade games, and would love to watch a let's play of any of them or any of the mods there are for them. The Mount and Blade franchise also has a devoted youtube fan base and, if somone is able to create a good quality let's play, (of Mount and Blade Warband or Fire and Sword) each video should recieve any where from 15,000 to 20,000 views. At the least that let's play will get the channel's name out there.

I was also thinking that a series of videos about Minecraft adventure maps and, other things minecraft related would be good as long as we have somone who knows what they are doing making the let's play.

These are all ideas of course and I dont have the resources to make a let's play, but if any one wants to do either of these things I believe it would be worth their time.
  18. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    When I did all I had to do was enter my phone number. It might be different now.
    Chives likes this.
  19. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Whoever is in charge of the channel, tell them to stop liking videos like an idiot.
    UnitRico, slydessertfox and The Shaw like this.
  20. ddbb089 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If a lot of our members like and view the videos other people will see them suggested becouse of the many likes and views ergo more members on the forums.