Scroll up...

Discussion in 'Site Policy and Rule Announcements' started by RonaldRaygun, May 25, 2012.

1. RonaldRaygun Futuristic Weapon Wielder/Commie Hunter

Message Count:
    ...and click on the chat tab.

Just get a chat plugin for xenforo already.
  2. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    Shoutbox, it's a babby casual easy mode Terran race type of thing to add.

EDIT: Also, a Terran player told me to tell you guys his race is hard. He says other Terrans agree. Must be true.
  3. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    Fuck you faggot. Reported for gayness.
    Surfusa likes this.
  4. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    What is this Xenfore chat plugin...

And Zerg is by far the hardest.

Terran is A move

Protoss is stack and attack.
  5. Cover Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Benerfe bustin' out dem rhymes

Im seriously stealing this one though
  6. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    They're all A move. Zerg is A move and inject larva... Protos is please don't kill me until I can get a giant ball of stuff so I can just A move. BW4L
    Benerfe likes this.
  7. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    They've all got different curves is all.
    slydessertfox and Benerfe like this.
  8. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Actually to be technical when handling marines you sometimes don't want to use the A key, you simply need to move them around to split incase of baneling or the sort, because if you A-move into baneling your owned, but if you split them they will already attack because every terran has a ranged attack besides the SCV.

With Zerg of course you A move and inject larva, but it is a massive maze of spamming buttons checking hatcheries, pressing your spacebar for larva completion, spreading creep, hotkeying hatcheries and queens depending on playstyle, and always always scouting because zerg is reactionary race.

Protoss however is the opposite of the two, they follow the strength in less but elite units, whilst Terran and even more zerg rely on numbers, they consist of simply hotkeying all your Nexus's into one and having chrono boost set to on the ready, they research and build things really slow from the beggining, but as soon as they get those critical upgrades such as warpgate, they soon become sauce boss, and thus become OP once they reach critical 200/200..

Derp.
  9. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    My key point was compare playing any of those races against their bw counterparts and you'll see just how easy pants it all is.
  10. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    More importantly, one of the staff should go and get a shoutbox. It's super easy and you don't need Uni to do it.
  11. Cover Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I like how the very first reply already derailed the thread.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  12. Unillogical Ex-Admin

Message Count:
    actually funny story, there is already a shoutbox installed but in order for it to work as intended I have to update the blog which requires me dropping the current blog which is a faff & I've been busy so I haven't done it. Anyway the point is I'm at uni for just under 2 weeks then obviously I will have time to do all the updates I need to.
  13. esac1122 Team Fortress 2 Branch Head

Message Count:
    The amount of retarded shit posted in this thread is a mass producing factory of fuck.
    Really, you think Zerg is the hardest? Read patch notes bro
  14. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    So is this starcraft game any good?
    Bart likes this.
  15. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Orly.

You speak of heresy, if you have not played Starcraft II
  16. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    You're all retarded scrubs, and I want you all to realize that you're wrong. Trust me. After all, I'm not completely terrible at the game, which is actually extremely difficult, not easy pants a-moving. I understand that's how your bronze league games go, but that's not how all games go.
    Except Card, he's right. Zerg is extremely powerful right now, with the recent patch.
  17. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    Did you play BW? There is no objective way to say sc2 isn't easier then BW. Look at guys like Boxer or MC. An over the hill, not even top league BW guy, comes in and is one of the top sc2 players. BW2 forced you to make strategic decisions on how to allot your apm, whereas sc2 automates so much of the minutia of the game that you only really have to think about the tactical decisions. There have been a few Flash replays floating around as he makes his transition to sc2, and in them you can see the astounding control he has over his units. Once the BW pros make the transition there's not even going to be a contest
  18. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    This thread didn't have a chance...
    BattalionOfRed and Cover like this.
  19. Cover Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    There's already been some replays from flash where he is playing SC2.
    It looks rather promising.
  20. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    MC wasn't successful in BW, and Boxer isn't very successful in sc2. I've seen the Flash replays floating around, as well as his Sc2 games in Proleague, and nothing about his play right now is anything more then mediocre. On the contrary, he is having a very difficult time in SC2, going so far as to, among other things, call basic elements of the Protoss race overpowered, such as warpgates. He has admitted himself that if he attempted to qualify for Code A, he would fail, and that holds true for the overwhelming majority of all the Kespa players playing Sc2 for the last few months. That's because Sc2 is already an extremely difficult game when it's only 2 years old. Look at BW when it was 2 years old, and you will see an entirely different story. The players were certainly good for the time period they played in, but do not begin to compare to modern BW players, or even modern SC2 players. More than likely, when SC2 has aged a bit more, the top players will be equally skillfull, if not more skillfull, given that many have played BW as well as SC2, than the top BW players.
    There are many difficult things about SC2, and you do have to think about more then just the tactical decisions, as SC2 is quite deep, with many things to consider at all points in the game, but it also has things that make it mechanically demanding. BW may have limited unit and building selection, but SC2 has macro mechanics, such as creep spread, injects, mules, chronoboost and warpins. In SC2, you also have to create and manage easily twice as many workers as you do in BW in a standard game. In addition, while SC2 units can be more easily controlled as a large group, you are heavily incentivized to control them as small groups, and their tendency to clump together makes this more difficult.
    Anyway, all the BW players are currently playing SC2, and have been for months, and with one or two exceptions, they are all bad at it, compared to even Code A players, and probably even compared to the top foreigners. Get out of shit league, man.