Suggestion: The Right to a Fair Trial

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Karakoran, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Now, we all know if everyone ever got a complete trial over the littlest detail our forum would be flooded with crap about what is and isn't spam and all that shit. But as we've seen with Che, the entire forum will want your head if you perma ban someone ever.

Because I'm next, I've decided I'm running out of waiting time. The current system is more the modship telling eachother why so and so should be banned. There's no fair trial or unbiased jury or anything. Banning someone from the forum for all eternity is a big step and has only been done (so far) once. There must be a fair trial to ensure that the other side gets equal representation and is not banned because they are disliked or by a misunderstanding in the rules.

If we could get this passed like now that would be great, it wont be long before they're coming for my head and I'd rather have an actual shot at staying around.
  2. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No, this idea is so retarded. Why the hell do we need to have fair trials when it's just a matter of deliberation over whatever a person broke the rules and what kind of action should be taken to show that person that what they did was wrong
  3. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    I'm split on this one, but only because of my knowledge of a certain instance........
  4. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    No Che has expressed he has no intent to change and follow the rules even after two bans he understands the rules he chooses not to follow them and gets banned. Also Stalin is the ultimate vote he decides whether anybody should be banned.
  5. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No, it's a deliberation over if what they did was against the rules or not typically when people are banned in this forum they're automatically assumed guilty, which is a fatal flaw. People just get offended and start a shit-storm.

Hell, it's a miricle that I didn't get banned for "insulting the mentally challenged" when I said retards work at the DMV.
  6. Achtung Kommunisten! Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Birmingham, United Kingdom, European Union
    Yeah, there's nothing to worry about. Just don't upset anyone and it'll all be okay.
  7. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    This is incredibly stupid and silly. You can appeal warnings and can even appeal bans but this is not a flipping country. You want to create a court system on a FORUM ffs... Perma bans require a whole damn lot to get to.
  8. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Certainly he will never change his beliefs, he's Che. But simply banning someone for their beliefs is rediculous.
    His actions are what will change. Just like I'm never going to risk talking about culture again because of Stalin's constant threats, Che will never talk about the Jews ever again.

Stalin is just the signiture, likely he just sits things out and will back the mods on whatever they decide. Which would probably be the smart thign to do. So I wouldn't pin this on Stalin.
  9. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    The only way you will get banned besides breaking the rules a ton is if Stalin wants it and it's his forum and there is no debating that.
  10. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    You might wanna rethink that one........
  11. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    No if we are banning Che because he broke the rules not because of his beliefs.
  12. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    That isn't true Kara.
  13. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This statement is correct
  14. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Your appeal system is so broken it would be a better use of time to not even have it. It's basiclly just what happened before during the ban sentence only a few days later.

So it is suddenly a bad thing if our forum takes on pieces of existance that are in likeness to a country? Tell me, why?
    And not really. I just disagreed with Stalin and he was ready to ban me AND unmod/ban Kal to boot. In other words, they just require pissing off the modship/administrator, that's almost nothing.
  15. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    lol Observer ether totally just leaked you the mods decision or is spreading false information.
  16. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Why would Stalin risk his reputation and standing with someone by coming out and openly supporting a side?

Stalin can just sit back and relax while the situtation resolves itself, it's the perfect crime and it's probably better for everyone.
  17. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Of course if you piss Stalin off enough he can ban you. But not the same with the mods. The appeals system is not broken. You have a chance to get any warning changed.
  18. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No, you said one of the major factors was that he said he wouldn't change. And yes, his beliefs wont change, but your using his beliefs as a factor.
  19. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    No he says he has no intent of changing his ways of insulting people and spouting hate speech.
  20. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No, he wouldn't change calling everyone a "retard" and advocating killing all Zionists.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.