"the Bernank"

Discussion in 'The Political/Current Events Coffee House' started by Bismarkianpeace, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Bismarkianpeace New Member

Message Count:
    Head of the US Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke the PHD of PHDs responsible for many key problems of the US economic issues had a press conferrence today about the economy with "designated" reporters in which he established the obvious, the economy GDP was up but every thing else was down. He launched "Operation Twist" in September which included an economic technique he wrote a term paper in college about why it screwed our economy over in the 60s.
    My question is what do you think our government (if anything) should do for our economy or what is your opinion on the bernank
  2. Soviet Streltsy Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think the government should enforce some stricter regulations on big business, enforce some laws against lobbying (its the same as bribery in my opinion), and generally try to look like its doing something in stead of this half-assed balanceing act they're doing at the moment. I also believe that if the government would actually try and focus on the economy instead of letting the Republican bickering over social issues contiune to de-rail the government from the task at hand.
  3. Kalalification Guest

Benny B is the best thing we could have wished for in the circumstances. Name me an alternative who could perform better and actually get the job.
    [IMG]
  4. Soviet Streltsy Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    .......................... Jesus?
  5. Kalalification Guest

Jesus stepped down when he heard Bernanke was interviewing for the job.
  6. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think the economy would work a lot simpler if we got rid of a lot of the corruption that's going around eg big corporations finding tax loopholes, corporate lobbying like Soviet said, etc.
  7. Bismarkianpeace New Member

Message Count:
    The Bernank is the reason for many of the economic problems. He virtually led us into the mortgage crisis saying that the housing market was unbreakable