Official Transparency: brought to you by me

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kalalification, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalalification Guest

A months long struggle has finally produced tangible results, despite the best efforts of certain parties to prevent it. Enjoy the fruits of my and a select but stalwart few's labors, and know all that is to be known about rule proposals in the Mod's Corner.

Essentially this boils down to information that is both necessary and good for the public to have finally actually reaching the public, not because of Tribunal initiative (though there was some support from various Tribunes throughout the journey, and some opposition, both of which are visible) but because of the values, character, and integrity of vested parties. Namely myself.

Everything that is available to you in the Rule Proposals forum was entirely confidential until a groundbreaking new decision was reached and something finally got off the ground.
  2. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    In other news, Kali is in love with himself and praising himself more than the others who helped get this done.
  3. Kalalification Guest

You're damn skippy!

EDIT: Though honestly, honorable mentions to Uni and pedro.
  4. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Do not expect any activity in the threads already moved. It seems the mods do not have permission to post in it atm, since Kali disabled that to prevent regular members from posting there. It may end up just an archive in which case only done threads will end up there or we may get that fixed in which case active discussions will be there.
  5. Kalalification Guest

Because he knew this was coming, Ler decided to delete his post in which he attacked transparency and called for a continuation of the status quo. Let it be known, people, that Ler stood directly opposed to this move. Ask any of the other mods or Ronald, who all saw the post, and let Ler's true colors be known.
  6. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    This is not a thread to attack Ler, Kali. This is an announcement.
    Imperial1917 and slydessertfox like this.
  7. Kalalification Guest

Nevertheless it's directly pertinent to the announcement. Ler used his Tribunal powers and knowledge to erase any accountability for what he said.
  8. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    And here I thought this issue was going to continually be pushed aside and forgotten.
  9. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    I like how the whole point of the thread was to attack me.

Edit: And for kali to stroke his Epeen.
  10. Kalalification Guest

Make bullshit decision -> get scared when public will be informed -> black out information surrounding involvement.

Foolproof, man.

I wonder if you'll even bother trying to manufacture an excuse to explain away your accountability.

And the point of the thread was to celebrate a victory that has been long in the making and that directly benefits your constituents; at least until you went and decided to cover up your involvement.
  11. CoExIsTeNcE LeonTrotsky in Disguse

Message Count:
    As I recall this was brought up and shot down many times in the mod's corner.
  12. Kalalification Guest

Persistence was the key.
  13. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    Jesus Christ Kali, can you go five minutes without being a dick to someone >.>
  14. matthewchris Guest

In his defense, Kali actually didn't do anything wrong here. Ler did indeed make that post, and delete it. There's actually no spin on this one, he's just stating facts.
  15. Kalalification Guest

If you're really looking for unethical political action, then look no further than Ler's actions here. Deleting public information via his tribunal power for no other reason than to cover his own ass.
  16. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Ler did not attack transparency. Ler in that post in fact supported tribunal transparency. He did call for the mods corner to remain hidden, to prevent attacks on the staff as certain users tend to do for every little thing. He did not call for no transparency at all. Perhaps he changed his mind on the post and decided to remove his support of keeping it hidden, just deleting the post removed his support and with it, it wouldn't have been so much of a majority.
  17. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    No matter if it was based off of fact or not, which i still don't believe, because you both have history of resentment towards ComradeLer, That does not give anyone, namely Kali, the right to just be an asshole.

If you want to be a troll and berate him for this, either go make another thread completely on that subject so you can rant and whine elsewhere, or go PM him. But don't make official threads so you can try and prove how superior you are to everyone else. It just makes you look like a dick.
    slydessertfox and yuri2045 like this.
  18. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    If I remember correctly, I actually stated we need more tribune transparency in my post. This is fairly evident by all of that legislation I was trying to pass, which have meant that Tribunes have to announce pretty much everything. (Which if I recall, Kali/Matt shot down) - I am against moderator transparency, however. I feel it would make it harder for the mods to work effectively, and possibly, unfairly compromise their standing in the community.

I deleted my post for exactly this reason - Because I was certain Kali would try to twist it around to make me look bad.
  19. Kalalification Guest

Ler stated that he did not support the proposal. He deleted the post when it became evident that the proposal would pass and the public would know of his position on the matter. This is made clear by the fact that he chose to permanently delete the post with moderating powers instead of using the standard post delete function which would have left a ghost visible to the mods.

No matter his reasoning, there isn't a slimier thing you can do as a Tribune than abuse your powers to obfuscate your own position on an issue, as the entire purpose of the Tribunes is to provide a voice for the forums.
  20. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    Kali, get over it. Go troll somewhere else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.