Victoria Ii: A House Divided Interview

Discussion in 'The Blog' started by JosefVStalin, Nov 9, 2011.

• by JosefVStalin, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:50 PM
  • JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    Hey guys,

I am conducting an interview with the developers for the upcoming expansion pack for Victoria II, a House divided later tonight.

The Expansion Pack focuses on the civil war, but brings many other new changes such as foreign investment, a new 1861 campaign, improvements to the elections and political systems and so on

I will be taking questions for the interview so post any you have in the comments below. :)

Иосиф В. Сталин
    Unillogical and D3VIL like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Blog' started by JosefVStalin, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Viking Socrates
    What are some changes in foreign investment and can we see a unity between the south and foreign powers to destroy the union?
    darkly likes this.
  2. Romulus211
    Are you adding New events, decisions and Countries?
  3. C_G
    Whats with all the map modes?
    Are there going to be any new techs?
    Are there going to beany major European changes?
  4. DukeofAwesome
    Will there be any other countries other than China to make use of the new "substate" system? Also, will be possible to demand territory from a substate if you have to use all CBs on the leader and not the actual nation? For example, will the UK still be able to demand Yunnan province?
  5. Chives
    Is anything being done to allow historic events to unfold without player intervention, such as the German Unification or The Great War?
  6. Ranisam
    Which nation is the most intresting to play as?
  7. Toast
    Are they going to stop France from becoming GP#1 in every campaign? Are they going to fix it so that the Japan and China AI can actually achieve westernization? Are they going to stop Holstein from being bankrupt?

Will they add hilarious in-jokes to the loading screens?
  8. The Shaw
    How will "crafting casus bellis" work? Apparently it will be impossible to declare war without a CB, but it's okay because you will be able to make them up. Ask them to deliberate on that. Also, if they are planning on any new start dates for the future, such as 1914; or make it like EUIII, and be able to start whenever.
  9. Jaise Patrick
    Will there be a World War One Event or a series of events that will start it?
    Ranisam likes this.
  10. The Shaw
    Also ask them what their favorite paradox game/series is.
  11. MayorEmanuel
    Ask them what their stance is regarding historical accuracy in their games. To clarify: would they rather have a more historically accurate game at the expense of a player's freedom (something like HOI 2) or a less historically accurate game allowing for more freedom from the player (EU3). I prefer a more historically accurate game and spend most of my time in Vicky 2 manipulating the world to work historically, trying to get things like WW1 and the Franco-Prussian war to unfold. Ideally I would prefer to be able to switch between these two sides (ask them if they could include something like this).
  12. The Shaw
    Like a linear setting and an open setting? I like it. Also, it would be cool o=if in the future they could add an earlier starting point just after the Napoleonic wars and the Congress of Vienna in 1816. But back to the current expansion, obviously The American Civil War is the major focus, but my knowledge of this year is shady, what other important events are going on?
  13. SPQR
    Are you gonna "fix" the Diplomatic points system? It takes me 100 years to conquer the middle as Durka-durkastan or what will you

Ar you gonna fix the "uncivilized" nations so they actually civilize
  14. zemdu
    are you going to do a let's play on it?
  15. JayJayGT
    What are the most notable new editions to the game?
  16. D3adtrap
    This is not relative to this specific game, but to all future Paradox games:
    Could you do a "history book" or something? What I mean by this is that it would record the casualties from every war & battle you fought in. It would also show enemy & allied casualties. You could access this at any time during the game. Thnx

PS. Can you make alliances more credible? I mean all my allies leave me, when ever I get in any war
  17. C_G
    Will the game fucking work on Steam, the amount of trouble I have with Vikki 2 is frustrating.
  18. Vassilli1942
    Will there be events like the crimean war, franco prussian war, and most importantly a World War I event.