Wurm Online - New Village?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ComradeLer, Mar 18, 2012.

1. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    So, a couple of us decided to try Wurm online again, and build a new NKVD village on the now f2p pvp server. So far, we have just found a spot, and are about to found our town - But what we need before we do is people.

For those of you who haven't played the game, here is the main post from the previous 50 page thread ( http://josefvstalin.com/threads/wurm-online-epic-is-released.2782/ )

I have had some real-bad nostalgia lately. A couple of minutes ago, I finally caved in, and decided that I would make a topic here.

Wurm online is a Sandbox MMORPG in which the entire 516 Km world is defined by the players. There are no Classes, NPC's, or Premade cities. The whole game revolves around whatever you want. You can go into the forest, and chop down a tree. You can dig holes and tunnels, you can build houses, cities and ships. The entire world is terraform-able, with no restrictions. Animals exist in game, all of which you can tame, and breed. The game has, in my opinion, one of the most complex, and realistic crafting systems in any MMORPG. Making something as simple as a sword or bow can take weeks, and when you are done, you are left with a great feeling of satisfaction.

In game, you have to eat, and drink to survive. In order to fulfill your need to eat, you can farm crops, hunt or breed animals, and cook meals. This creates a real feeling of survival, especially when you are lost in the middle of a forest, with little food or water. The night is extremely dark, to a point where you cannot see anything. You will have to light fires, or carry a torch with you, if you want to stay alive. There are no maps, or minimaps. Even if you are carrying a compass, you will get lost, a lot. When you do, it is a matter of trying to get to safety before dark.

I'm not really giving the game any good justice here, so I will copy paste some stuff from the site itself.

Anyway, if you are interested, we are playing on the Chaos PVP server (You can access it via the freedom portal) I will be putting up instructions on how to reach us shortly. Link to register/download is - http://wurmonline.com/
  2. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    FeyBart joined us, I demand that the rest of the Dutch join us as well. All Dutch must play Wurm, new law I passed. The punishment for non-compliance is being thrown into an arena to be whipped to death by Romulus, no clothes allowed.
  3. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Aww, fuck. Still, does this count as peer pressure, or an order?
  4. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    What exactly is it?
    I just got TF2 and am not too keen about downloading ANOTHER game.
    Persuade me.
  5. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Oh, also, how large is it? While I have plenty of space on my hard drive, if I ever want to start recording stuff with Fraps again, I'm going to need around 35-40GB free at all time.
  6. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    I'm glad that my pride is not so large as to require recording everything that I do in a game... and that my pride prevents it.
  7. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    Alright, well basically, the game was made co-made by notch, and it is where he got the inspiration for minecraft from - Basically, it's a highly realistic, MMO version of minecraft. -Everything- in game is built by the players, from knifes and forks, to war ships, to huge fortresses and castles. Right now, we are starting work on our village, which I hope to turn into a huge, industrialized fortress, which we will use as the base of operations in our many wars. The game is F2P, and only takes like, 10-20 minutes to download - So you should totally play.

Edit: It's like, 400-500 MB.
  8. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well, it's mainly that I enjoyed making my first LP, but haven't been able to really record anything since. Heck, I even learn stuff from the comments people send me, so that's cool as well.

And I'll probably download the game in a bit and see what it's all about.

EDIT: So, okay, I downloaded and installed the game, is it recommended to have the voice chat thingy on?
  9. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    No, you don't need the voice chat thing. When you get through the tutorial, go through the Freedom portal, and choose the 'Chaos PVP' server. When you get to the server, /tell comradeler or /tell llamaj , and let us know you are here.
  10. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Will do. It's downloading the graphics right now, and that seems to be taking a while. You'll hear from me when I get in, though.
  11. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    You can't build super awesome villages with forum members in TF2. There's no adventure in TF2. You know you want some adventure.
    UnitRico and Imperial1917 like this.
  12. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Can you make hats in Wurm, though?
  13. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    True, but nobody has told me what Wurm is beyond mentioning villages.
  14. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    It's also about serving Llama Jesus. Which is me.
    UnitRico and Imperial1917 like this.
  15. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Queen Chelsea, Llama Jesus and President Obama of the Dutch Master Dinosaur Race.

Sheesh, your title is getting longer and longer, isn't it? Did I forget any of them, by the way?
    Chelsea366 likes this.
  16. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    OK.
    I'll see about possibly downloading it.
    Once I make sure that the game files don't add a virus to my computer...
  17. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    It's clean, trust us. A lot of the forum has played Wurm before.
  18. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Wait... if this is the second village, what happened to the first?
  19. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Interest died down among other things. It's actually the third. We left the second to move to the new world that was released and then people kind of left.
  20. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Oh. I thought that you guys might have failed in the defense of your village when another kingdom attacked and shamfully and dishonorably retreated with your worthless avatar lives.