Youths should be forced to work at age 13

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by FascistPatriot, Mar 20, 2012.

1. FascistPatriot voted for Obama

Message Count:
    The youth are a tremendous burden on our society. They're lazy, disrespectful, weak and cost society money with their anti social behavior. They contribute nothing positive. Simply they have become parasites and it's a waste of time and tax money to try and school them. You only have to look at facebook and 4 chan or our schools to see the evidence of what I'm saying. I think we had the right idea in the past with things like workhouses and putting them to work in factory's. I think once kids turn 13 they should be forced to enter the workforce. This will allow them to contribute positively to society and give them character and discipline. I'm also sick of hearing about how children are somehow innocent and all that. Humans by nature are evil and this is exhibited in children all the time. Here is an interresting article on the youth.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB118358476840657463.html
    Chives likes this.
  2. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Hater. Compulsory military service for you all!! Yeah that's not going to happen.
  3. Cover Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You're joking right?
  4. Achtung Kommunisten! Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Birmingham, United Kingdom, European Union
    Way to embarrass the otherwise great reputation of fascism.
    Except of course your views only seem to be held by stereotypical early 19th century industrialists.
  5. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Please don't stop doing this. I started out taking you seriously, but it's much more entertaining this way.
  6. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'm wondering who he is. It might be Lennins_Beard, then again, it could be Kali or Matt. I'm interested to see how it pans out.
  7. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    He could be a random douchebag there are a lot of those.
  8. Achtung Kommunisten! Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Birmingham, United Kingdom, European Union
    We're quite good at keeping them out in my opinion. Well, if you don't count our regular members, and 'we' obviously means 'the staff'.
  9. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  10. FascistPatriot voted for Obama

Message Count:
    This is a typical reaction of someone with no argument. Use emotional attacks or call the person a troll.
    Chives and Cover like this.
  11. Cover Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I love you
  12. Mentalish Active Member

Message Count:
    I started to work when i was 14, and it hasn't changed me much, im more antisocial at work then at school
  13. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This has to be the worst idea I have ever heard of. I can prove this is bullshit with my usual flaw-less logic.

1. When you are a child you only have about 18 years to be a child. Which is not that long if you compair it to the average life is a human. 70-100 years. I know I do not want to spend the rest of my childhood working wether that is in a coal mine or being a CEO of a company, I want to spend it with my friends doing stupid things.

2. Most kids are not that strong so that rules out proably most of the jobs that kiids would be " forced " to work and is it really good idea to force a person to work at that age? I doubt most kids would want a job, the teenagers that have a job are doing it because they eithier the like that job or there parents don't buy them stuff, or that they need to get into college.

3. Speaking of which shouldn't kids be in school rather than at work? They need to get educated instead of working. Also do not say they could get both because most school days are 8 hours, most kids need 12 hours of sleep, that leaves them with 4 hours to work/play.

I never thought I could see a bigger dumbass on this forum than kark but sir you sure have suprised me of how stupid a human being can be
    Imperial1917 likes this.
  14. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    How's it going Soviet. See you went back to creating another fascist multi.
  15. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I must say I agree with this man 100%. Look back to the times of the industrial revolution when children worked in the coal mines at 7 years old. The amount of human welfare, security, happiness has only been decreasing from there. It's not like instituting public and universal education has lead to a massive boom in the amount of knowledge the average human being has access to. No friends these are dark dark times in comparison to those of old. I see the only logical solution to this decline is to send children out of the schools and into the coal mines. I mean it's not like there aren't enough jobs to go around for those who are unemployed already are there?
  16. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Did it ever occur to you that kids work because they also need to support there family?
    slydessertfox likes this.
  17. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ok Rom, think about this way. You are the boss at a lumbermill, assembly line, dock, coal-mine, etc. Who are you going to hire? The 13 year old or the 30 year old man? A sane person is obviously going to hire the man because he is more expirenced then the boy and the boy would be in danger everyday if he hired him so like always the man would take care of the family.

I pray to Monkey Jesus you're being scarastic.
  18. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    He was adding to the list of reasons you made that kids work....
  19. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Did you have a stunted childhood or something?

That is a terrible idea for many reasons, among them being:
    1) They should probably be in school learning something useful so that they can contribute later on. Failing to teach your youth is a great way to ruin your country.
    2) They probably cannot do much anything at that age. The labor and oversight necessary to get them to work would probably be better spent actually having the overseer doing the work themselves.
    3) What if they are damaged? They will live the rest of their lives maimed.

And remember that your arguement is based on faulty social and scientific grounds.
    When one of my associates taught in South Korea, the students bowed in the hallways when he passed and thanked him for going there to teach. They were not lazy and worked hard, both at jobs and their schoolwork. Therefore we see that not all children grow up disrespectful, lazy, and 'anti-social'. What the **** is 'anti-social'?! What mythical standard are you using to define what is social and what is not?
    Beyond that - 'weak'? What in the world is that? At 13, the human body has not yet matured. You understand what I am saying, or are you lacking in basic education? Scienficially, the human body would be considered unnatural if it attained maturity at 13.
  20. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Does selling pot count as a job?