zombie apocalypse debate! good or bad?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by crownedman104, Jul 6, 2011.

1. crownedman104 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    seen alot of stuff like this over internet and decided what tha hell ill try my own
    just to start off i would have to say, it would be fun, however not beneficial and not very good.
    one way i have thought about it being started: rabies. think about it, rabies makes animals go insane? eating and attacking each other? rabies has been supressed long enough for mutations to start occuring in its strain to become unsurpressed. faster acting perhaps? stronger, to act on humans aswell? if it gets stronger and imune to our vaccines, it could hit humans and mutate to fit us better, damaging the brain like it does animals and causing us to strike out, injure and possibly kill people? it would fit perfectly. the infection would have to be transfered by bite, and causing minor injury would slow down, only "immediate kill" organs would. headshots would still probably be best, but a shot to chest would take down aswell. blow a gaping hole in them, and they will bleed out, but still attack as they bled out.
    as for humanitys survival: comeone people, a common enemy among nations that are peaking in milatary technology? yeah sure it would claim lots of lives, but a bounce back is almost guarenteed. chinas huge ass army, U.S and other countries advanced technology? peice of cake to kill braindeads.
    as for personal survival: grab any gun you can. handguns you have to hit head, shotguns aim about midway between head and chest, assault rifles head and chest shots. just give me a couple willy pete grenades, some barbed wire, a school bus 2 aa-12's and some bullets and ill clear texas :D oh and a tree grinder thingy to attach to front of bus, be fun to make zombie dust :D
    these are merely my opinions of what would happen, feel free to agrre/disagree and post your own :D
  2. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    [IMG]
  3. The Mr. T Virus Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Zombie movies and the TV series on them are interesting but most people tend to keep their thoughts of zombie apocalypse to themselves.
  4. crownedman104 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    alot still like to discuss though. google zombie apocalypse discussions and look at the big list of results :D
  5. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]
  6. crownedman104 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    can i request that if you post you actualy post something and not a pointless pic? ty
  7. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Is this truly possible or just Paranoia
  8. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    Imagine the most scary moment in your life. Now imagine how you felt at your most sad. Your most angry. Now imagine not eating for days, being thirsty to a point where your Urine looks refreshing, and knowing that a small cut will mean amputation of a limb, or death. Now imagine your mother, father, siblings, or girlfriend/spouse being torn apart, their innards exposed, and them screaming in a blood curdling cry 'Help me! Please!' before dying a slow, painful death. You are all alone, no human contact from people apart from those who want to, and will kill you for some simple batteries.

When you add to it a bunch of walking corpses who are trying to eat, and tear apart your being, it is just about the scariest scenario one can imagine. I know that I can't begin to imagine what somebody living in such a scenario would feel, and I'm sure you can't too.

An Apocalypse is not 'Fun' nor 'Cool'. It is fucking horrible. A Zombie apocalypse would make it even more fucking horrible. You do NOT want to live through an apocalypse, it is not good, it is not fun period*.

On the note of realism, Corpses don't come back to life, and you can't walk around without at least some of your basic organs functioning. A 28 days later type Zombie Apocalypse may well be possible in the future, but I don't have enough medical or scientific knowledge to make a credible theory there.
  9. Galagoth New Member

Message Count:
    so hot
  10. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    I will admit that talking about a Zombie-Apocalypse in a fantasy type manner is fun though. Drawing up plans, exchanging information on gear and how to kill them, all that. I posted that in response to the OP saying that an actual Zombie Apocalypse could be fun.

On that note, I would advise against Chainsaws. They would be terribly infective, as they would get caught in the bone, and stop working. The fact that you have to be so close to them to use it, that if anything did go wrong, they get a free shot at you. They take quite a while to start, making them useless in a sudden attack. Also the splashback of the blood and innards would be pretty dangerous. You would actually be better off using a non motorized melee weapon, if it comes down to it. Maybe a Machete? I have never used one, so I wouldn't know.

Edit: Shotguns, I"m not sure if they would work. If you do hit them in head, instant drop. But you would obviously have to be at close range, and in the case of hordes, it would be pretty useless. Unless you are firing into a large group of them, but even them it would be a waste of ammo, in the case of traditional Romero style Zeds.
  11. Lennins Beard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    We're all screwed if it were to happen.
  12. Kalalification Guest

The main problem with fighting zombies in a conventional sense (the walking dead kind) is that virtually all modern militaries are using primarily hydrostatic effective calibers. Zombies are dry. Hitting them with a 5.56mm isn't going to do fuck-all but put a hole through them. You need large bore ammunition like .50 AE or .45 ACP to take down zombies. Unless we're talking about the newer 28 Days Later/L4D zombies. Then stick with your NATO rounds.

Never could understand how zombies take on armor. Like seriously, they couldn't get in and wouldn't be able to damage it. Only thing that could really stop armor is running out of gas or ammo.
  13. pants Active Member

Message Count:
    Everyone has the wrong idea, come the apocalypse lets face it, we are all going to be zombified! So, why not make the most of it:

Dress up in as much armour as possible, footy gear, helmets, bullet proof vests. Attach knives and spikes all over yourself and strap shotguns to your arms. Then get infected... You are now a zombie boss (or mini boss), you could write an identifying name on your head such as: ZOMBOTRON or ZOMBEX.

I mean if the world is going to end you might as well be an asshole about it.
  14. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    This.
  15. ComradeBob New Member

Message Count:
    ZomBob!!!!!
  16. doody300 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Youd be suprised of a range of a shotgun
  17. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    depends on the ammo
  18. crownedman104 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ok, no matter what kinna guns i mean comeone a headshot is a headshot
    wouldnt be shut off cause comunities would get together to hold out against zombies
    once the goverments realize "oh shit we needa do something" the millatary will scramble to repell.
    ofcourse big cities would come first, but it would be easier to hold out in sparesly populated areas than big cities where you'd get clusterfucked.
    and as for thirst and starvation: ever heard of a supermarket? we have 2 hear, and this town only has like maybe 800 people! and if they run out, you can use powetools in garages to make fucking tanks out of senadas!(weld some iron/steal/titanium around frame and bars over windows) and use them to go to larger cities with more places for food.
    i myself posses an assault rifle and a spas 12, and a sabre for close quarters.
    and some creepy old dude who is stuck in WWII has a shittone of gasmasks and army suits.
    gas masks to keep blood out of airstream and mouth
    for cuts: keep distance as much as possible, but use wetsuits outside to keep blood off.
    and fantasy side: 2 aa-12's, 2 desert eagles, mollotovs and cutlass check
    bus with miniguns on roof hooked up to my comp so i can remote control check
    save gf check
    go liqour store get beer and minifridge, then find zombiefied dopey and steal his weed
    1 big party :D
  19. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I LIKE THIS GUY!!!!!!! :lol:
  20. Artismoke Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Get as many non perishables as I could without endangering myself too much (riots over food, early infected, curfew)
    Barricade my house, close all curtains. Don't open for anyone, just hide.
    Fill bath and sinks and anything that holds water with..water before pressure dies and zombie numbers increase (more zombies means more chance that one will fall into a reservoir with all the nasty stuff it carries)
    Attempt to keep access to the outside world via the Internet
    Create melee weapons from household items
    Wait for the next week to a month. If situation has not improved or has indeed worsened by the time food/water runs out, accept fate and ram pencil into brain.