zombie apocalypse debate! good or bad?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by crownedman104, Jul 6, 2011.

1. matthewchris Guest

There is enough ammo in the world to sustain any kind of resistance for thousands of years. It's just that if you don't live near any kind of factory or base you might be a little short.

Most people don't actually. In fact I am willing to bet that 95% of the people on this forum don't know how to handle or maintain a gun. Plus, you want to be able to kill the animal in one shot so you don't have to trail it. Then you have to know how to skin it and remove the bullets. Then you have to know how to cook it. Very few people can do all of that.
  2. SPARTAN_KING1178 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You can reuse and make ammunition. Hunting takes more time then "just blowing a deer to shit" Any hunter would know this.

98% don't know how to, thankfully i'm in the 2%.
  3. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    This.

I can't do any of that. Which is why I would turn to hiding and scavenging.
  4. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    I know I have never so much as held a gun. The only person who I know has even touched a gun is my Mother, when she was a child. All she did was fire it, and as far as I know, she never touched one again. If I were put in such a situation, the only thing I would have to guide me in the slightest is my video-game experience. Even then, I doubt I could figure so much as to out how to hold one.

Aside from that, the only thing I know how to do that you listed is cooking. And I'm still a beginner at that.
  5. SPARTAN_KING1178 Well-Known Member

Message Count:

You'll two would have a hard life if zombies came :lol: .
  6. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:

You'll two would have a hard life if zombies came :lol: .[/quote:2gkse7p1]
    They can't eat me if they can't see me. And I'm more than capable of picking locks.
  7. Artismoke Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Prfft

Crossbows and Shields/Swords
  8. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I would play some reggae music calm down, go to the ski center, chill in the sloppes, the zombies wouldn't be able to get up to the park without skis or a snowboard. also a AG3 battle rifle would be nice just in case.
  9. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    [IMG]
  10. matthewchris Guest

They can't eat me if they can't see me. And I'm more than capable of picking locks.[/quote:1s04xudy]

Most people don't know that they really don't teach you much outside of how to clean and reload your gun before kicking you out of boot camp. They do that to save time and to prevent new recruits from getting over confident. You learn fast with a gun once you know your life is in danger.
  11. xXxLKxXx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    What if society came screeching to a halt? What if all our rules and laws no longer mattered? It’s not just about combat; it’s about doing what you must do to stay alive. Food, water, shelter, and ammo — you’ll need them all. You need to think beyond the first weeks of the crisis, you need to secure supplies to help you survive in this hell hole of a world now. The whole gun game kind of idea wont work either. Eventually you will run out of ammo because in real life you can only carry so much at a time. When this outbreak happens its not going to be slow. There are too many people living in overcrowded areas for that. If anything 90% of humanities population will be overun in the first few months. Fuck do you think the military is going to be prepared for this and save us all. Armor can be overrun. Id give a tank the capability to blow a hole in a group of zombies before the swarm it. It may not be effective for awhile but with nowhere to go and limited ammo and oil it will run out of fuel eventually. Plus do you think other countries are going to help everyone. Fuck no, they have their own country being overrun too so its not like you've got oil coming in from Saudia Arabia. If anything they're probably fighting to keep that shit in they're hands from all the greedy states trying to take it. Also do you think all these Americans with guns are going to help eachother. If anything im just getting my family and friends as far away from population centers as possible. Anyone who meets me is either two things to me:

1. A liability ill have to look after
    2. A threat (tribals, raiders, and possible infected)

The few people I do run into that I dont kill outright will need to prove themselves usefull by showing me they can do something that proves they arent just a waste of space and supplies. Even then ill have to watch them to make sure they dont sell us out or steal from us. Then we need to build a base or safehouse to store our supplies.

My idea for a base: [spoiler:b9t3i6x5][IMG][/spoiler:b9t3i6x5]

Its also not like we can use guns forever. Even if we can get some ammo without factories and shit mass producing it the bullets we have will be very scarce and should only be used in emergancies. So ill probably just tot around with some form of medium to longish range meele weapon I can find since going in CQC would be suicide. In the event that I prove to be a burden or a waste of space ill do the right thing and put a bullet in my head leaving a note for my family to cremate my body.
  12. Kalalification Guest

Maybe if you're British. We'll never run out of ammo here in the States. Even in my house we've got several boxes of .45 ACP for my Dad's pistol and plenty of shells/slugs for his shotgun. I imagine that pretty much all non-urban households (and plenty of those as well) are going to have firearms and ammunition in them.
  13. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    We have tons of ammunition but I dont think our gun is loaded. So maybe we couold hold them up making them think our guns are loaded
  14. xXxLKxXx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So are you just not planning on using that ammo or do you think smith & wesson will still be in business for you to go pick up more.
  15. matthewchris Guest

Do you have any idea how much ammo is made and already exists in countries like China, America, and Israel? It wouldn't be hard to find or loot, and with the population as small as it would be, you would never run out.
  16. xXxLKxXx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The production would cease after awhile since its going to be a target for tribals in need of ammo. Plus its not like the military just going to give you its ammo since in any case in their mind they need it more then you do. Plus with only 100 million survivorts vs 6,900,000,000 zombies the chances of you not getting swarmed no matter how much ammo you have is very slim. Only the best will survive the initial wave but if they go wasting all the ammo they have doing something stupid the chances of someone else giving them their ammo is pretty slim. Plus with people fighting over ammo, food, water, and other supplies its not just zombies your contending with.
  17. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    scavenge off the ammo of the dead
  18. matthewchris Guest

I just realized that zombies could never really get to us in Israel. We have one of the heaviest guarded borders in the world, and we have one of the best armies in the world, and not a lot of ground to cover. Ammo isn't a problem for me if I can hop in a tank.
  19. xXxLKxXx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It is when your swarmed by them and run out of oil, tank shells, and food. Then your pretty much fucked. Your whole Israel will survive arguement is reliant on the fact that no one on the inside gets infected.
  20. matthewchris Guest

Most modern militaries wouldn't be overwhelmed. Everyone from Britain to America would be fine. It's places like Central Asia and Russia you have to worry about. Western countries could easily eradicate the zombies. And I am done having intelligent discussion about this. :lol: