Battlefield 3 VS MW3 Election

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lighthouse, Nov 12, 2011.

?

Which was more fun?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2012.
Battlefield 3! 30 vote(s) 65.2%
Enjoyed both. 10 vote(s) 21.7%
Modern Warfare 3! 6 vote(s) 13.0%
  1. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ending in January so get ya votes in people. No fanboyism or trolls or any of that garbage.

Both Singleplayer AND Multiplayer.
  2. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Lol.

The funny part is about comparing Modern Warfare and Battlefield 3 and asking which one was more entertaining.
    There's going to be some bias here, so let me sum it up for you, Battlefield 3 brought more advancements to the look of it, the feel of it and brought back the memories of BF2 and combined them with the awesome destruction of Bad Company 2.

Modern warfare 3.... same looks as CoD 4!!! sure, there are some differences that exist in the multiplayer feel of it, but that's what they focus on, because they know their fanbase are die-hard gamer kids who follow nothing but trends. and in the gaming industry, the "trend" is Cock-a-Doody.

however, they're losing their spunk, I couldn't play Co-Op or multiplayer for over 30 minutes without getting bored to shit. I returned to BF3 after two freaking matches!

The only time I've ever gotten bored of BF3, I had kept playing servers which are hosting Caspian Border and flew in jets the whole time.

Before you scream at me, this is not a troll, this is a comparison between the two, I do not think that people would vote for Battlefield 3 if they haven't tried it yet.
  3. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Here is a couple positives for Mw3, it overshadowed BF3 because of its sale and advertisement teams sadly they even advertised it more because of evil walmart,and some actors, and mountain dew. Sure it sold because of all this propaganda.

Really the only thing good about mw3 is the Singleplayer, and the storyline is solid, people just like to know what happened to the main characters, Soap, Makarov.. And the co-op is good for people who play at home with buddies.

Now the hundreds of negatives to mw3. I could go on, short campaign (5 hours) 60$ for no content added and no improvement, annoying multiplayer *it is fast paced to some who prefer*, I refer to it as annoying because I saw the same crap in MW2.

Now for BF3 the game that got undersold, I'll Start with the negatives. Bugs and glitches, *they had a deadline* but its being fixed by the hard working DICE employees and such. Single player is mediocre, but it was always born as a multiplayer game. The advertisement wasn't great, they probably didn't have alot of funds to do so, they had to rely on Battlefield fanbase. Battlefield was always.. in most eyes a PC game, but since they started the console scene they cannot compete with the Call of duty console'rs, And alot of people don't have nice high end PCs and have to buy for the console and are missing out.

For positives all I have to say is the Multiplayer. It is.. Phenomenal, Jets fighting above you, tanks slugging it out, people actually working together unlike Call of duty MP. The skill and ranks constantly lets you strive for something a new gun, that special attachment you always wanted. Next the maps are huge, and fully destructive *you can blow holes in buildings with tanks or helicopter missiles* and in terms of graphics it just blows past COD.

Closing points.

MW3 sold alot! To consoles..

BF3 is a Multiplayer game, MEANT FOR PC *64 players fighting 32 vs 32. PC*

PC Gamers are nazi elitists.
  4. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I have a friend who has managed an EB games and I was talking to her about what it was like on MW3 launch day. She told me it was busy as expected, but on the day of, they had multiple people come and try to exchange MW3 for BF3 because, "The graphics sucked." Or some other reason, and there are people continually trying to come back and exchange it.

So people are finally starting to see the light, that CoD sucks the big one and are being converted to the rightous and true path of Battlefield 3.

P.S. I should also mention that my friend doesn't really like FPSs so she doesn't have a dog in this fight.
  5. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I knew BF3 would sell better and get better reviews than COD because after WAW its been lacking. I find it sad though that now atleast half the gamers only care about graphics, why do you think MW2 sold so well? It had one of the best graphics of its time.
  6. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No, actually MW3 got the most sales. "Sell better"

MW3 is selling Millions of copies.. They will probably have sold 10 million++ by this week to the 360 and PS3..

As for reviews there is a fanboy war against the two, people can just spam metacritic or the IGN comments or Engadget and people can make a game seem horrible.

Now BF3 it has content added on you get a free Expansion pack when it comes out, what does MW3 have? Nothing..

And for graphics its the 21st century.. GRAPHICS Nom nom nom..
  7. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Benerfe, I can say with certainty, that your avatar has more advanced graphic systems than Modern Warfare 3.
  8. TheKoreanPoet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I don't own both games but I will buy both later. I'll get CoD first and then BF3. I used to like BFBC2 but I stopped playing it because the matches too too long and I hated having to walk 4 miles to get to combat. I started playing MW2 and I still love playing multiplayer. I'm excited for MW3 because of "kill comfirmed" and the spec.ops/zombies. I will get BF3, but I'm not as excited for it.
  9. noelsoong This machine does not require caffeine to operate.

Message Count:
    Get a vehicle, or spawn on a squad mate.
  10. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    That's why they put it there! :)

Not too problematic with BF3 as you get plenty of vehicles with alot of seats, as Lucy said before, the maps are scaled perfectly.
  11. iPapaSmurf Member

Message Count:
    I was once a COD fan but I changed over to battlefield for battlefield feels more realistic to me, maps are bigger. Graphics are better and the battles are massive. COD is great don't get me wrong but I think ill stick with BF3...as long as I don't have to play halo.

Bf3 it is!
  12. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    All My Friends say Battlefield 3 is far better then MW3 and there huge cod fans though i only played the beta of Battlefield 3 so far, but i loved cod 4 but after that the COD franchise died to me.
  13. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think it started to die after MW2. MW2 was OK and black ops was meh
  14. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    While i respect your viewpoints, i would like just like to say i really disliked MW2.
  15. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    After the 2nd mission in peru it started to fall apart.
  16. Uberotaku001 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    First person shooters are dead simulated farming is where its at.
  17. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    For me, a game franchise dies when it becomes apparant to me, that they do no longer give a rat's ass about updating the game engine to support better technology.

This is not a factual statement: They probably spend around $20 US per disc, which is sold now for $60, plus, a one year membership for CoD Elite costs $50, (BIG SHOUTOUT TO YOU PS3 GAMERS!) That costs ten dollars less than a 13 month Gold membership card on Xbox LIVE, which allows for multiplayer access, across all games that actually have a multiplayer feature. Don't get me started with the twenty dollar map packs that come out every month.
  18. theteremaster Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the deepest depths of the Australian netherworld
    you do realise that stacks and stacks of copies of BF3 are being left untouched on the shelves while stores struggle to keep supplying their shelves with MW3 right?
  19. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Which means, there's a shitload of people out there either, yet to explore different games and ceasing to be a narrow minded twit, or people who have both Battlefield and Call of Duty. (like me) And that is also very untrue, Battlefield may have lower sales in some areas, but has a very close player base to MW3. (I counted eight hundred-thousand last time I played Multiplayer in MW3 on my Xbox) Which would be very close to the number of players on BF3, if you had the time to get a calculator and count all of the servers actually running, everywhere (By the way, there's a limit to one thousand servers you may browse at one time, even if you narrow down the search preferences)
  20. Lucent Member

Message Count:
    I'm probably going to be assassinated because of this post.

I actually prefer MW3 over BF3.

Things I disliked about BF3:
    • Huge maps with vehicles. Just a gameplay preference.
    • Super realistic lighting. The sun glare really annoys me.
    • Campaign felt, overall, pretty "meh".
    Things I liked about BF3:
    • The squad system makes trekking across the map a little less tedious, I guess.
    • EOD Bot!
    Things I disliked about MW3:
    • Some of its killstreak rewards are just annoying.
    Things I liked about MW3:
    • Teamwork's not necessary.
    • The system requirements are not that high, making it a little more accessible to more people.
    With that said, I don't really hate either of them.