Best Intelligence Agency?

Discussion in 'Historical Events Coffee House' started by StephenColbert27, Mar 3, 2012.

1. PopePnwer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well what Hitler wanted to do and what would have actually happen are two completely different things. Hitler never would have seen a take over of the Wehrmacht because he probably would have died not too long after the war ended, 3-4 years after tops (if he won the war of course). Even if he tried to act out such a crazy plan it would probably result in the Wehrmacht revolting and you get some kind of civil war. Probably with the Wehrmacht winning. The Wehrmacht had a lot more resources at their disposal and I tend to think population would side with them after all the destruction the war caused and how little they gained out of it (this how depends on how much the Germans won of course).
  2. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    Actually, the head of the Abwehr, Admiral Kanaris, was working with the same people who planned Operation Valkyrie.
  3. Achtung Kommunisten! Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Birmingham, United Kingdom, European Union
    Yep, and that was what led to his execution I think, and the Abwehr being absorbed into the RSHA, although it was probably too late by then to matter much. Still, reinforces what y'all said about the SS.
  4. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
  5. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    A fun fact about the Luftwaffe is that they actually started using jets in late 1944 and early 1945, but didn't have enough fuel to be used effectively.
  6. GeorgykZhukov Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The Belorussian KGB. I mean they must be awesome if they kept the name KGB. :p