Bullying a Bus Monitor....

Discussion in 'The Political/Current Events Coffee House' started by darthdj31, Jun 30, 2012.

1. darthdj31 City States Map Director

Message Count:
  2. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Well in a school where I can name 3 drug dealers that go there....and the majority of us carry pocket knives....that wouldn't be a good idea...
  3. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Pocket knives? Surely that's not legal?
    That's awful.
  4. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    In New Jersey a pocket knife under 6 inches is legal...if you are over 18 and its not ever allowed in public buildings, schools, and stuff like that. That doesn't stop us from carrying our little 4-6 inch pocket knives. I have a friend who carries an 8 inch actual knife in his backpack, but that's rare. Its not too bad. No one has ever killed anyone, and none of us would ever try unless it was for our own knives. Its just like self protection. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with it. The 17 and 18 year old drug dealers are a bit worse, but we just learn to stay out of their way.
  5. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    What the hell not even schools in the bad part of Toronto have security guards.
  6. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    This is the US though, even school children are a lot more violent then in other countries. I can tell you that from experience. Its not a bad thing though, in my opinion.
  7. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That's what children in the darkest recesses of London say. I don't care what you might think, you are far safer unarmed than with a knife. It's a simple fact.
    It's a dangerous situation, and although no-one has yet been killed, the carrying of knives increases the risk drastically.

Besides, if you want to 'defend yourself' then you're far better off with a shield.
  8. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    I don't think I could bring a shield to school...

The fact is, its very rare for us to harm each other with weapons, its just simply a part of our culture. In America, its very common to have a weapon. I mean, there are police with guns walking around, we're not stupid enough to stab each other when one of those guys is hovering over us.
  9. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Stupid Americans.

Mosh, do you seriously think if you are not currently in any danger, you would be in more danger without a knife?
  10. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    No. The knife makes me feel safer. It doesn't definitely make me safer. But it gives me that extra comfort zone so I won't let people walk all over me.
  11. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Even though you know your knife is contributing to an increased risk of someones death?

All I'm saying is, the knife culture is stupid, but the only way it can be changed is through the actions of individuals. I would've thought you too intelligent to subscribe to such a culture.

@Epiccheesegrater
    What's it like up there in Manchester regarding knives and violence?
  12. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    If someone is coming at me with a knife then I'll counter him with my knife. As long as everyone leaves everyone else alone, it does not raise the risk. Furthermore, I've got a swiss army knife, I use it for more than a good feeling :p
  13. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well, there's no security guards. Not where I went, anyway. I'm not sure about other schools, though I'm pretty sure no schools had security guards.

As for knives , violence, and crime, there was a stabbing in my school in 1986, and in 2009 one of our IT teachers was convicted for drug-dealing. People also smoke on the premises, and sometimes come in high. Mostly things like that, not much in the way of carrying pocket-knives.

Also, @C_G .
  14. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You can't counter with a fucking knife. They're the most useless weapon in existence. If someone comes at you with a knife, you fucking run. How is that not obvious?

Yes, I thought knife crime in the UK was restricted to mostly London, and possible parts of Birmingham.
  15. C_G Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Real talk, I know two people that used to carry lethal weapons around with them. An Asian mate used to go around with a knife, and he openly admitted to me. I argued with him about the fact that it can only ever make stuff worse. He said that if you worked for something then why should you let them steel it? His conclusion was that the best way to deal with it was to stab the guy mugging you. Another mate once bought a gat into school, in like year eight and showed it to me. Someone from Parrs Wood, a school near me once came in with a gun during the lunch and showed it to the entire population of my school (clever guy), he was looking for this guy called Fabian (can't remember second name), an ex-member of Gooch. I was pretty safe with him, until he started getting heavy into gangs and carjacking. Someone else from my sisters year was incarcerated over killing a kid outside a pub, gang related. One time when my mate was leaving college late, he saw someone threaten a teacher with a knife. Teacher knocked him out in one blow, lol. I have been mugged once, nothing important was taken, but guy had a weapon. Frequent break ins round my way. Know someone who has connections to a gang called, L-13(?). Members of FMD went to my school. Mates uncle is in Benchill Mad Dogs. Other than that, I know people with connections to some of the biggest criminals in Manchester (Noonan kid, went to my school).

And that is all we have time for.
  16. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I somehow knew C_G would have a lot more to say than me.
    General Mosh likes this.
  17. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Because I'm a small kid and I've never seen just one guy come at you with a knife. One time my friend insulted some gang member and 3 of them came back with knives. My friend, me, and our other friend all pulled out our knives and got into stance. The other guys backed off. Knives are a deterrent, not a good weapon.
  18. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Oh my God.. that's.. scary.

I couldn't sleep in my bed at night.
  19. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You don't live in Moss Side do you, @C_G ?
  20. UtterlyImpeccable Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Whatever Moss Side is, I hope it gets bulldozed to the ground.