Capitol Punishment

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by FascistPatriot, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    No they have a right not to be slaves.
  2. Onyxja Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think everyone can be forgiven if they just regret what they have done. Because revenge doesn't bring anything good all it brings is death and destruction.
  3. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Actually in Norway,were prison system is a vacation compared to us prison. Only 30 % of prisoners commit crimes after their release. In USA 80% of prisoners commit crimes after they get out..

BTW (correct me if I am mistaken) haven't you said that poor don't deserve free medical care,food etc. And that they are drain on society. Well if somebody's poor, can't get a job, can't get food, medications etc he has to steal to survive. And sometimes stealing gets out of hand (no food makes people crazy) and the poor kills somebody... He is sentenced to death.. So the system makes them stay poor and starving and then kills them when they just don't lay down and take it............ (this might be wrong, but in the previous page somebody said that you don't mind if millions of poor people die so..Yea)
  4. bender Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    damn it, i was just going to point that out.
    slydessertfox and thelisener like this.
  5. FascistPatriot voted for Obama

Message Count:
    You do raise a good point on the Norway thing. I'll have to research it more before giving a full answer. On to the second part when I talk about death for murder I dont mean the desperate guy caught up in a robbery gone bad. I'm talking about people like Bundy or serial rapists.

I also believe their has to be irrefutable evidence that they're guilty. Even someone like Scott Peterson couldn't;t be on death row because imo there is some reasonable doubt in that one. Another thing I never said the poor don't deserve help, I just don't believe in helping people who refuse to help themselves. Welfare as FDR saw it was different then what we have today.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  6. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    In my own opinion, butting a rapist to jail for the rest of he's life is more of gruesome punishment than death penalty.

They get of easy if they just die, rather than being in jail, in a small living quitters rest of he's life

But it costs money to keep them around....

Also did you know that a prisoner feels less pain when its shot my a firing squad, than given lethal injection? There are cases of prisoners being alive 5 minutes in extreme pain..
  7. BleedingHeartCaptain Member

Message Count:
    A study done before in the United States showed that some 40% of prisoners that got lethal injection actually died from suffocation and in excruciating pain. They were paralyzed though so they couldn't scream.
  8. EmperorVasari Member

Message Count:
    Underground bunker in some mountain region.
    It would benefit the government more if all criminals would be sent to camps, thus negating the cost to support the countless prisons that are in operation.
  9. freeman12 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Quite honestly i think only people who are either.
    A. convicted first degree murderers.
    B. mass murderers.
    C. people who do something so monstrous it actually makes you sick to even think about it.
    Should be given the death penalty.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  10. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I agree. I think serial killers or people like Charles Manson deserve the death penalty.

For the most part, I agree with this.
    TheKoreanPoet and freeman12 like this.