Citystates RPG

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by General Mosh, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

Scythia colonizes this province.
  2. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    [IMG]

King Mosh makes a heart stirring speech to his people about the importance of reaching the ocean, "We must reach the sea and begin to explore our world!" he claims. One critic stated that we are the center of the civilized world and need not explore. Unfortunately he is not able to make any more claims because a mysterious house fire killed the critic in the middle of the night. Mosh says he knows best, is he right? Or will the critics continue pushing for this silly idea coming out of Greece called "Democracy"?
  3. GhostReven Member

Message Count:
    Current population 15.000

The city state of Aarhus is led by the young king Christan I.

Aarhus begins to colonize south along the eastern coast.
  4. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Map Edited Again:
    [IMG]

In response to the new state to his southeast, King Mosh sends diplomatic emissaries to talk with @GeorgykZhukov, hoping to reach an agreement as to trading and spheres of influence. Also, King Mosh is wondering where the people of Dijon will expand to next.
  5. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    Supreme calls upon his scout commander who returned from the west, "I need you to return to the city-state you found. It is imperative we make contact with them!" The scout commander, surprised, replied, "But sir, they don't understand our language," to which Supreme replied, "Use writing. Or try talking to them more. But don't appear to be hostile." The scout commander nodded and gathered his command and headed out.
  6. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Victorio mobilizes a Contingent of Spear man, Barca spearsman fight in tight groups with short spears and Small swords, and Barca Archers to the southern province along the coast, A tribal warband stands in our way, Victorio engages them and Several casualties strike the barborum. Victorio defeats there cheiftain and conquered there land a new city is built on the land we shall call It "Victorian".

Basicly this is an intricate way of saying I colonize the province below me. For today.
  7. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Carthage
    Population:100,000
    Military: 8,000
  8. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    Supreme Leader Supreme is delighted at the finished construction of what is known as the Great Bridge. Spanning the Thames from the populated north to the forested south, Supreme puts a notice that allows hunters to move operations to the south, and prepares yet another colonization party.
  9. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Carthage has the south east coast( that long peace of land south of carthage) become apart carthage. Carthage also sends people to take that small island between Carthage and Sicily. Carthage will also increase war elephants breading.
  10. GhostReven Member

Message Count:
    Aarhus begins to train around 200 men for the military.
  11. Jack118 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Another long night on the Cantabrii frontier, the Ravens, elite skirmishers trained in the use of javelin and spear, surround the village, in a matter of moments, they rush into the camp seizing peasants to work as slaves in the Naffaronian war camp. The crow abductions occur in tandem with attacks by Naffaronian Lanceri, renowned as being some of the best cavalry within the tribes of Iberia.

In the morning, the war horn will sound, and the armies of the tribes of Naffaron will march into the Cantabrii chieftain's village and negotiate for the Cantabrii incorporation.
  12. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The great city-state of Tyre has a population of 68,000.

The leaders of Tyre will send envoys to the Lavantine Kingdom, to open trade negotiations and a pact of non-aggression between our states. We will also send ships of our vast merchant marine to trade with Mediterranean ports, such as Carthage and Athens.
  13. darthdj31 City States Map Director

Message Count:
    As mod, I start having Rome colonize north west along the coast.
    The year is 449 B.C.
    The Romans have written the Law of the Twelve Tables.
    Reports are unknown, but it is definitely considered that the Persian city-state Empire exists.
    But where is their home base?
  14. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The 40,000 people of Rotterdam send off scouting parties to set off north and look for others to join their conglomeration. Fishermen that populate the banks of the Amstel river joined the city state (colonising modern day Amsterdam), and talks about assimilation beginning with the territories that have now been enclosed (modern day The Hague).

Back home, training of archers has been increased after bandit raids. Other scouts have been sent out looking for land that is more suitable for agriculture. They went both south and east, but have yet to return.

Also, for the natural disasters, will the local terrain be a factor? For instance, I, being in the Netherlands, won't be very susceptible to earthquakes, although floods are a frequent threat.
  15. darthdj31 City States Map Director

Message Count:
    That does bring up a good point. I guess we couldn't reasonably have earthquakes in Denmark, unless they do have them, or tornadoes in Paris.
    And terrain would be important for battles, but we should keep it to that, or it would get really complicated.
  16. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Parradise Valley, Arizona, United States of Americ
    The Welsh continue their influence to the tribes above their newest providence
  17. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    OOC: I'll take it into factor as much as I can, placing Earthquakes where reasonably I can expect some to be. Outbreaks of disease happen more often though. Also, I just did the population growth, so all of you now have more. @Epiccheesegrater, which province do you want? Same question to you @Surfusa. I assume you're still going west @Jack118? Also which province do you want @GhostReven? Sorry if you did say and I'm not getting it guys, I'm a bit tired. :p

Today's disaster is an outbreak of Cholera that is hitting the Parisii's new province (that's me, by the way). King Mosh is notified of the disaster and the 432 deaths that came out of it.

"We must expand to the Southeast! I hear there is water there" he said in a speech to the people. And so the Parisii took another province. They shall continue attempting to make contact with Dijon, worried that they are not responding. Perhaps they are hostile. Mosh raises a "home guard" of 2500 spearmen, 2000 swordsman, and 500 cavalry, and proceeds to scatter them across the provinces.
  18. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'll expand anywhere south or south-east.
  19. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    The Imperium of Man continues to move down the West Coast of Africa.

Rebuilding efforts are started to deal with the rather coincidental earthquake of late. :p
    General Mosh likes this.
  20. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Victorio brings the matter of foreign trade to the senate.. 14 hands are raised in agreement.

Barcelona starts trading throught inland sea, Trade with Rome and carthage is established we provide horses to rome.

@Anwrise888 what would you like to trade, Barcelona has the finest horses, the proudest furs, and the most delectable wine, and wood, lots and lots of wood.