Citystates RPG

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by General Mosh, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Parradise Valley, Arizona, United States of Americ
    Mosh, I would like the providence above my newest piece of land
  2. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    @Anwrise888 , Tyre would also like to offer trade. Our Tyrian goods are wide and exotic. We have glass, fine wood, various slaves and one of the world's finest dyes, Tyrian purple, which we hope will persuade you to trade more exclusively with our state than any other.
  3. GhostReven Member

Message Count:
    OOC: I would like to colonize east Fyn/Fuen(?). And how much do our population grow by colonizing? And the one pro cent it grows per year, is it before or after the colonizing?

IC: The young King said to his people, they we(Aarhus) must proceed to the island, which he choose to call Fyn. And another 200 men began military training.
  4. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I accept the trade agreement with Sparta.I will like to offer tyre olive oil in exchange for glass.
  5. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I will like to colonize an area on the Anatolian coast. We shall call it pergamum.
  6. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Tyre will accept your offer. We hope for a long and prosperous future between our cities.
  7. GeorgykZhukov Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    King Georges of Dijon begins to prepare an army to seize land to the south. Dijon also proposes trade to any city-states willing to trade with it.
  8. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    I just gave you two southern provinces, because you missed yesterday as well. That good?

Map Edited. Now I'm working on population growth.
    [IMG]
    Surfusa likes this.
  9. GeorgykZhukov Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    that's fine :)

Dijon wishes to establish trade links with the Parisii.
  10. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    The Parissi agree, of course. We would like to establish zones of influence. Perhaps you get from Bordeaux down and we get from Bordeaux up? (which is pretty much I get anything north of Dijon you get anything south).

OOC: Populations are done. Now instead of nice even thousands we have nice even hundreds :D
    With disasters and what not these populations will shape up to be quite random with all sorts of different numbers.
  11. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    OOC: Not sure if the year is over for me yet, but I felt like writing something, so otherwise just count it for today. Also, am I supposed to have two different colours?

With talks about including the surrounded area finished up, the Rotterdammer scouts continue north to Westfriesland. The scouts that went south still haven't reported in, and it is assumed that they have perished, either by the hands of bandits or in an ambush by wild animals. The other scouting party that went east returned, with tales of more forested and hilly areas that look promising. Discussions have started on the merits of settling these lands, while the scouting party is sent south, to both look for the missing party and scout out the area for themselves.
  12. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    The reason you do is because a weird pixelation thing distorts the colors. They're both yours.
  13. GeorgykZhukov Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    King Georges of Dijon accepts the plan, and applauds the new Parisii-Dijon friendship.
    General Mosh likes this.
  14. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well, I knew they were, I was just wondering what happened. Damn pixelation!
    General Mosh likes this.
  15. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Tyre, in an effort to increase the amount of profitable trade routes, is sending an exploratory vessel, to leave the boundary of the Mediterranean and find other trade ports throughout the world. Tyrian cartographers are also being sent on this journey to map new lands.

Tyre will also continue expanding colonies southwards, along the coast.
  16. darthdj31 City States Map Director

Message Count:
    Event: Cretan Pirates!
    Pirates on the island of Crete have been sprung up and are about, and are spry fellows. Any city state with possessions on the coast, or boats at least, are to be warned.

The Tyrian traders luckily evade the pirates, for now, and continue on.
    General Mosh likes this.
  17. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    OOC: By the way guys, if one of your merchant ships is sunk by pirates, I will actually be taking away some population. What do you think the crew of an ancient merchant ship is? Just to show you guys that yes these things apply to me too then see below :p

King Mosh was today informed that a merchant caravan was attacked and captured by bandits. 15 brave Parissii men are gone forever. We must hope that stuff like this doesn't happen again! Mosh sends 500 swordsman out to capture the bandits. In the skirmish all bandits are killed at the cost of two Parissii soldiers. 17 men deducted from King Mosh's population.
  18. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Tyre finds this pirate menace worrying, as trade is our source of prosperity and power. To this end, Tyrian warships will patrol known trade routes and armed guards will accompany trade vessels on their journeys. Tyre also has a contingency plan, in which we will set aside funds from the city treasury to commission new trade cogs and galleys, should any of our vessels be sunk.
  19. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    @ddbb089 is Macedon (greyish blue) now! He has a population of 50,000. Choose two provinces to expand into (since you missed yesterday). Greece is going to be interesting to watch.

New Map:
    [IMG]'
  20. ddbb089 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Okay the one to the south next to the one with the 3 peninsulas and the one to the south west.

The king of all Makedonians King Phesius I. has been informed of the pirate threat that may lay ahead.
    He has ordered the costal garrisons to shoot at any ship that is not reported to come to our coasts.The ship patrol's shall be reinforced with 50 more ships to the remaining 40.

Diplomats are sent out to make contact with the Athenians and Spartans.We might be grateful for the friendship that may lay ahead.