Continuation of The Ler Argument

Discussion in 'Archive' started by slydessertfox, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Yes, it was while he was a tribune and he was treated as we would have treated anyone else with his exact situation.
  2. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I think since he was a tribune then, he should have been held to a higher standard. Maybe banned from running again? Look I have nothing against Ler, but I think when a tribune does this, he/she should be given a harsher punishment specifically because they are expected to be held to a higher standard. Same goes for mods.
    The Shaw likes this.
  3. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Confusing the issue. I'm not here to personally champion removing Ler from the forums. I fact, I don't think anyone should suffer punishment for speaking their mind, heat of the moment or not, other than the reaction of the masses. Time and time again Ler has gone on near psychotic rants when faced with issues he feels strongly about, only to later realize his folly and attempt to censor himself or beg pardons. A notable example would be his reaction towards threads related to Christianity during his early days on the forum.
    All I'm asking here is that you people take all this into consideration when it comes to letting this guy near our forum's rules or policies.
  4. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    There's another option - don't vote for him.
  5. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    He was removed from tribune. If you want us to do things differently regarding punishing tribunes, then make an official proposal. He is allowed to run and he was given the correct punishment that we would have given anyone in his position.
  6. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think that was in the thread where he either snapped or was "just trolling". It's still not entirely clear to me, with all the people making different excuses.

Also, is it just me or does it seem weird that when someone snaps emotionally their first reaction is to go on the internet and insult a bunch of people? Seems like a...strange thing to do. Unless, of course, said person in question snapped behind the computer. In which case, I'd probably still just lie down myself.

I still think it's quite naive to let someone off with a warning after they break down, spam the forums with potentially insulting nonsense, but simply apologise for it. It gets especially awkward if the person in question keeps claiming he feels offended by what people say about him on the internet.
    Of course, I have nothing against the apology itself, as long as it's meaningful (and I have no reason not to believe Ler when he says he's truly sorry).

Nor did anyone claim to. If anything it's the other way around. You said yourself you know him very well, and defend him by saying he apologised and that he's a good guy (Which I believe. I think I've been with him in a few Skype conversations with a group of people, and he didn't snap or anything. I doubt he has heard me a lot, the talks were mostly about politics and economics, which I know fuck all about), but most people here who argue against him are generally referring to things he said on the forums, which is what The Shaw was referring to.

I know he's not a bad guy, but from time to time, he's shown to be very unpredictable, unstable and to some untrustworthy, which are things that people will notice.

But, this seems to be mainly about the election. So, let's take a look at a few things. First of all:
    Here. Chives recognises he was part of the whole drama, and therefore made the decision not to nominate himself, even though immediately after his return he brought with him some very good ideas for the forum. I personally find this a very good and wise decision.

Ler, on the other hand, did make a nomination thread. While, of course, he isn't breaking any sort of rule while doing so, as he hasn't been banned, I do think it's...not very handy. For now it seems (apart from this thread) that the forums have finally calmed down a bit, and therefore I'd think it's probably best for those involved to lay low for a while (although, didn't Ler post somewhere he claimed he had little to do with it all or something? I vaguely remember something like that. Then again, I'm generally wrong when that happens, especially now that it's been 2 am).
  7. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Like I have said, his infraction is what we would have given anyone under those exact circumstances, apology or not.
  8. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Well, in the old Roman republic, tribunes had something called "Imperium" which meant they had virtual immunity from all rules and laws. They could not be prosecuted. So technically, tribunes are not expected to be a higher standard =P
    Now in the case of OUR website, the tribune is elected by the people because the people want an "regular" user to oversee the mods decisions. "Regular" users make mistakes, don't you think? You guys are starting to go into a question of morals here. Newt Gingrich is running for presidential candidate. Gingrich has a very low moral standard it seems, but he is not stopped from running. Remember, your vote is your most important right, exercise it, and vote against Ler if you believe he shouldn't be running, but do not attempt to enforce your opinions on others.
    ironchin likes this.
  9. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    I ask for proof because Ler is being compared to Che, I want to see actual proof that he breaks the rules as much as Che did. Proof that his actions are as bad as Che's and as often. Not proof to remove him from the forums.
  10. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Obviously Ler hasn't broken as many rules as Che because our rules are based on a system of severity and escalation, and Ler has displayed excellent hindsight. Regardless, the two are of the same nature, and I simply want everyone to take that into consideration.
    slydessertfox and The Shaw like this.
  11. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Let me just say that writing this post has been a bitch. It took me forever for various reasons. It almost wasn't worth it, but I'm not about to throw it all away. Basicly I tried to reply to everybody without missing anything, so a lot of these are old and might have already been replied to. Cut me some slack.

It was a thread about North Korea, in the Political section. Then again, I didn't pay attention to it, as a matter of fact I think I was absent from the site at the time, so I don't know.

You would know, wouldn't you? Fourteen year old war veteran? You don't know what war is like, so don't talk about it like that. It is disrespectful to the people who really have witnessed war. And Ler didn't say it after witnesing a friend die, he said it to open up a conversation. And I can all but guarantee that Washington never said anything like that.

Do you think I'm stupid? Do you think I'm retarded or have a social development disorder? Because I can't think of any other reason you would try to explain basic human behavior to me. Guess what pal, I'm older than you, and I'm pretty sure I've figured out more than you have. So fuck you, too, buddy.
    No, it means you are an immature, undisciplined, disrespectful little shit. You obviously don't understand the severity of words, and that is going to get you in trouble later in life. Personally, I blame your father for letting this shit happen and not teaching you respect, discipline, or maturity.

Case Two.

This page and the one before it. Maybe after it too. Not sure.

Your point? You brought up Che. I don't give a shit about the guy. Personally, I tried my best to help him stop being hateful. And if he were still here I probably still would be. But that's only because I felt sorry for him. He was pathetic.

Well yeah. How can anybody take a communist seriously? They're all socially awkward pre-teens/teenagers/young adults with something wrong with them.

See?

It makes you a misguided person.

When they're communist views it matters, due to the aforementioned points.

See above.

You're always hiding behind your emotions as your excuse. I realize that you say you think it's wrong, and that you apologized, but those are words. But your actions, yes even in recent months and incidents, still prove you to be a total jerk.

Whoah whoah whoah, this isn't my problem. I just popped in because it looked like fun. I won't deny that Ler's issues aren't my concern, but this is entertaining, and a good distraction from homework.

And do you know why? Not because these eight year olds are more mature than the average third grader, but because they are more immature and have issues, and aren't parented properly. Just like you and probably Ler.
    I'm pretty sure "you guys" includes me, so I'll respond. To be honest I don't know or care who started this, or how it started. But I have seen that Ler is a bad person, so when I saw this, I jumped in.

I'd like to make it known, for future arguments especially, that I personally have never compared Ler to Che unless somebody else brought it up. So nobody bring this on me.

If I could like this a thousand times I would.

Indeed, that is very weird.

Agreed.

Thank you for getting it.

Right.

Chives is quite the cool guy.

Not only did he make a nomination thread, but he made an unauthorized campaign thread before the elections were even being discussed. That's pretty douchey.

Dayum. Longest. Post. Ever.
    For me at least.
    I forgot what my central idea for this was going to be, as it kind of turned into a collection of replies to various posts with a weak controlling idea. But fuck it.
    lol, buttfuck it.
    slydessertfox and Sparticus 1244 like this.
  12. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Why does everyone continue accusing Ler? His "crimes", as they were are pretty minimal. So lets stop skirting around the issue and lets get down to the real underlying reason. Many of you do not want Ler in the election because he is accused of leaking information, and participating in leaking information, which is REAL corruption. However, the mods and Ler have repeatably denied this and no evidence to incriminate him has ever been submitted. So, post your accusations guys, and get it off your chests, so that this can come out before the voting begins. Then everyone will have the information available to them, right here, in a recent thread, and can vote accordingly.

EDIT: Shaw, you just insulted me, my age, my dad, my political beliefs, and my maturity. So, respectfully, I must say, FUCK YOU YOU POMPOUS PIECE OF SHIT
  13. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    People don't want him to be a tribune because he is psychotic.

You set yourself up for it. I couldn't let it just slide away.
    Nevermind, I guess you are mature, my bad.
  14. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ler' he is a good guy, but not for Alex Tran 2012, 2012 , 2012, 2012, 2012 !
  15. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Ler is not psychotic, how dare you pretend to know his mental state? If he was actually psychotic, he would be in a mental facility.
    I don't see how. And I don't see how your response can be vindicated. You insulted everything I am, and therefore made me, for the time being, think of you as an absolutely horrible biased human being, and an absolute piece of shit, and to tell the truth, I currently feel sorry for you as I can not fathom in your state how you may have any friends whatsoever, especially if you act like you do on these forums in real life.
  16. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I support you all the way comrade!
    The Shaw likes this.
  17. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Alright, I don't want any more personal insults in this thread. So stop now. That includes calling Ler psychotic.
  18. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Sorry mom.
  19. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    Now go clean your room.
  20. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Me and Kali were good friends and he will be missed, this is by the people for the people right....Alex Tran 2012 2012 2012 2012...he told me why he left..or the real reason that is , its in my files ;p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.