Crusader Kings 2 games

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheKoreanPoet, Feb 14, 2012.

1. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Interesting. I like GalCivII because it has cool races that you can relate to, and you actually feel like you're in control of a space civilisation. Nice to know that the human element makes it more engaging. I'll put this on my to-buy list.
  2. greatmustachio Mount & Blade Branch Head

Message Count:
    I wouldn't say you feel like leading a country. When I play, I am far more connected to the family I play than to the countys I own ^^
  3. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    If you want Empire to be less buggy and fun as hell get Darthmod Ultimate Commander.
  4. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Play the free demo for a few hours, it gives a good impression of the final game seeing as it's basically a tutorial and short campaign that you can't save.
    slydessertfox and D3VIL like this.
  5. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Looks like there's some consensus on this. And I just realised that I am an idiot. Didn't think to download the demo. *downloads demo*
    slydessertfox and ironchin like this.
  6. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    It feels like a Hardcore Roleplaying game, thats how attached you get.
  7. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Listen and I will tell you the tale of the King Bagret the IV, King of All Georgians.

King Bagret the Great began his conquest in 1067, with his dream of a Georgia from West to East. A Georgia to span the ages. Ultimately, his Georgia came to be after several bloody wars and some hurt feelings. King Bagret had 3 children. A Princess, who was married to a Greek Heir. A Prince (Prince Georgi), who became heir apparent and given a landed title. And lastly, a newborn child who (due to Georgian Succession Law) was to take half of the Prince Georgi's previous inherentence.

But Prince Georgi did the unthinkable. Prince Georgi murdered his infant brother to gain the inherentence. His plot was uncovered, too late. The baby was dead. King Bagret demanded Georgi be brought before him for his actions. Instead, Georgi fled to his county in the North Western mountains of Georgia and declared Rebellion from King Bagret. Infuriated, King Bagret marched rallied his armies to march on Georgi. However, while Bagret and his comrades were knee deep fighting Georgi, the Armies of Azerbaijan crossed over the border demanding Eastern Georgia. Too concerned with Georgi to care, King Bagret continued on his way.

By the time King Bagret had managed to capture Georgi's holdings, hundreds upon hundreds of men had died. So many had died that King Bagret had no choice but to surrender to Azerbaijan and lost a third of his lands. To make matters worse, King Bagret was delt a mortal wound in the final assault to take Georgi's pretender kingdom. In a fit of rage, King Bagret executed his last son, declaring his Grandson to be his Heir.

Stay tuned. This is an interesting save.
  8. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ^Sure is. How many real life hours did the above events take?
  9. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Mind=blown.
  10. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    4 hours or so. It's currently the mid 1070s. I plan on blobbing a bit and then moving North to take a few provinces. If Byzantium collapses I'll be a very happy King. Sadly they don't look like they will. In fact they're growing.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  11. Jack118 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The game going on right no is pretty fun, so far the crown laws disallow me from conquering greece, although I have enough soliers (and money for mercs to tae out most of the nearby greek states, I am stuck in athens for the time being.
  12. The Evil Major Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It's good to be a king.
  13. JJ12354 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I know what Henry VIII must have felt like when his dynasty had no new heirs, the Paleologi are lacking sons and heirs at the moment.
  14. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    After the death of Prince Georgi the Traitor, King Barbat became depressed beyond belief. In his words, "Ruling bores me. Riding bores me. Everything bores me." Luckily, he took up Falconry and swiftly relieved himself. By the age of 60, he had taken up a mistress of 21 and was giving her a good tumble every now and again.

But eventually, King Barbat descended into madness. He began to forget everything, and when it was explained to him he would get distracted by shiny objects. Needless to say, a Regent was appointed and eventually the King died in the arms of his wife.

At the death of King Barbat, things looked a little something like this:

[IMG]

The Grandson of King Bagret the IV and Son of Prince Georgi the Traitor took the throne of Georgia. His name was King Giorgi the II. His reign started peacefully with the building of many city based improvements. But soon a new geopolitical situation formed around his kingdom.

The Emirate of Azerbaijan began a conquest of Alan. Getting 4 of the 5 provinces in its territory. Seizing the opportunity, the new King went for the final province and expanded his kingdom.

[IMG]

From this came the fall of Alan and a new Azerbaijan Kingdom which posed a major threat to Georgia. Luckily, Azerbaijan was busy fighting other Muslims and thus did not attack. Indeed, fortune smiled on King Giorgi(13 years old) and led him to his wife, Dutchess Asta of Iceland(6 years old). As it would seem, this was a purely political move to gain a title for his Son to be both King of Georgia and Duke of Iceland.

Once more, King Giorgi was lucky in that a crusade was called Byzantium. This led him to the opportunity of attacking Azerbaijan's backdoor and taking their territories in Alan. Through a short war, this came to be. However, Byzantium had also done well at fighting Azerbaijan. Although, they had no intention of occupying it. So in short, they gave the new lands to King Giorgi.

[IMG]

Sadly the Kingdom of Azerbaijan had other plans. They soon revolted. The Kingdom of Georgia, at this time devastated by plague, could not fight them. And so the Emirate of Azerbaijan reformed.

[IMG]

Edit:

Guys I got a problem. So I had some kids with that Icelandic Dutchess, but for some reason the game says that none of them are part of my dynasty. Meaning game over man. FUCKING GAME OVER.

I just fought another major war (you guys will hear about it later) so I don't really want to reload a save. What do I do?
    ClaymanV, slydessertfox and D3VIL like this.
  15. GeorgykZhukov Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    adding more to my previous post to reflect what has changed in my campaign.

also, me likey all the likes. It helps rest Elena's Soul in heaven :p
  16. greatmustachio Mount & Blade Branch Head

Message Count:
    You married her matrilinearly.... gg for not reading the message they sent you :p
  17. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well shit. I'm assuming there's no save editors either...
    I guess I'll just assassinate my Queen because she has to die for this outrage. Then I'll just play as the Heir until my King dies. Change dynasties, so to speak.
  18. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    You lose, you cant change dynasties.
  19. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ya, can't you just go to the save file and choose a different character?
  20. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    nope, you got to return from a earlier place or Kill your wife, or ask for a divorce and re marry (and hope for kids.) before its too late.