Crusader Kings 2 games

Discussion in 'Games' started by TheKoreanPoet, Feb 14, 2012.

1. peterxx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    it hasn't ruined anything for me I sort of like it I'm one of the electors and only 2 of my vassals can vote and they vote with me. I like it because I can choose a son that I like and who has positive traits. My oldest son who would have inherited the Throne was a big old dick to everyone also insane because why would someone keep trying to kill their dead nephew?????
  2. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    cognatic gavel kind is the funnest imo.
  3. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So who do you recommend I play as now? Continuing as Georgia is hard. All those Mooslems and Mungals don't like me.
  4. peterxx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sweden? you're fairly large, you're a king and there are many pagans to take over
  5. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sweden is fun, but could cause problems. Tried to play as ethiopia then the caliphate owned me.

I think I might start a Norman conquest (Southern Italy).
    edit- Also Kara Y u stop playing Georgia, I was getting good vibes from that Roleplaying AAR you told us.
  6. greatmustachio Mount & Blade Branch Head

Message Count:
    He fucked up his succession xD
  7. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Let me tell you the story of the family of Spartenos:

The year was 1066 and old man Sergios Spartenos, at the age of 40~ he was in a bad position, being the only Greek orthodox family left in Italy, he had big ambitions and big enemies, but luckily he was friend with the nearby Norman knights, and to make matters worse he had no kids and no wife, but he had a nephew, but he didn't like him much, he was doomed to be annexed and imprisoned, until a letter was sent to Sergios.

Konstantinos emperor of the east roman empire has sent him gold to increase his relations, Sergios was puzzled at the move but did not question it, with the rich county of Napoli at hand and a good marshal he used the gold to attack the heathens in Sicily!, as sergios was on campaign he got a letter from the Jimena family in Iberia, maior princess of navarra agreed to his hand, and while the siege of Palermo was at its climax Sergios received a message, his wife was preggers, with the great news sergios lead a wonderful attack, Palermo and the rest of sicily fell to the great count Sergios,who was named Sergios the confessor, Duke of sicily and capua, sergios learned that he had a daughter Euboria spartenos, and as sergios grew older he had 1 more daughter Anna spartenos, and at the age of 48 Duke Sergios had a son, Helios Spartenos, and with a new heir the old king was thrilled, and at the age of 52 he had another son Michael Spartenos, and at the young age of 54 Spartenos had his last child Laurentios spartenos.

With a slew of children to inherit his titles he was over joyed, but a he realized something, he was old 54, and his kids would split up his lands into 3, Helios would inherit Sicily, Michael would inherit Calabria, and Laurentios would inherit capua, afraid his duchy was doomed he had a stunning revelation, the normans were weak, a civil war in apulia broke out for succesion and taranto and the rest of calabria was free for taking lead by a weak count, With very little effort Sergios crushed the norman count and named himself King of Sicily! or "Despot of sicily" (Magna Graecia), but during the seige of Taranto he concocted syphilis and would die at the age of 59.

Now Helios, young king of sicily at the age of 11 his younger brothers divided up his fathers lands with great fervor, michael in Calabria and Laurentios in Capua, with young helios sitting on the throne in the new capital of palermo as king and duke of sicily, but Helios is ambitious, he looks to the rest of southern Italy he wants to fulfill his father's destiny, of Magna Graecia!! but all that remains is converting the heathens in malta and showing people the wonders of greek culture, Helios at the age of 15 looks at his kingdom, sicily converted to greek, and orthodox Calabria and capua under his firm grasp, all that remains is to expel the normans.

(Stay Tuned)
  8. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Awesome, what happened to the Normans, I'm beginning to think to start a new play through with them or start a Portugal campaign.

I want to have my own awesome story, Sweden was just a a complete disaster to my Dal dynasty.
  9. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    You'll see :D
    Benerfe likes this.
  10. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I fucked up my succession. But there were a few events to write about.

King Giorgi the II soon began to examine his position. The idea of a massive Georgian Empire expanding to the South had, really, already failed. After the inability to occupy the region, it is doubtful King Giorgi ever would. Of course, he could also never possibly fight the Byzantines. What a hopeless cause that would be.

So that left one option. North, into the Cuman Hordes. They were ripe for attack. Busy fighting Bulgars and other heathens in Rus Lands, stretched far to wide, and their nation plauged with war. It took no strategic genius to plot the assault on the Cumans.

So King Giorgi prepared his army, his teasury, and his nation for decades. By 1100 he was ready. He had well more than enough gold and manpower. Then, he marched on the Cumans. Over 25k Georgians/Mercenaries were raised to combat. In the name of King Giorgi they went to meet the Cumans in glorious battle.

The fighting began well. The army marched in and took fortress after fortress and smashed the Cumans in every major battle. But soon Georgian numbers began to dwindle and it was then that the Cumans came in full. Thousands died in the days that followed, but Georgian swords carried the campaign. Soon, the Cumans began attacking everywhere in small numbers.

The Cumans lost uncountable soldiers, but so did the Georgians. Eventually, Georgia was bled dry. Luckilly, the Cumans did not know this. They almost jumped at the offer to peace. In the end, nearly 20k soldiers were lost for the Georgians for the Dutchy of Aroz. This land was soon split amongst the vassels and the vassels, whom had been annoyed by the sheer amount of forces they had lost, were appeased.
  11. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I played the demo for an hour and half and I have a couple things to say:

• The hour and a half passed like it was 5 minutes.
    • I played as a Duchess in Northern Italy and I noticed something. I found that there wasn't a map view which is that suitable for playing as a lower level character. I mean, I used the Direct Vassals one but that wasn't very clear.
    • It's confusing as fuck working out who runs a territory, who owns a territory, what house they belong to, dynasties etc. There are vassals and there are mayors and there are loads of different kinds of people.
    • As I was playing a Duchess of the HRE I didn't know what to do when it said my heir was the Holy Roman Emporer. I thought I'd have to have children and change the succession laws, but I think you need crown authority and I didn't have it, the Emporer did.
    • Is it actually worth playing as a character below King level?
  12. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I can literally think of hours why playing a count is the best fucking thing ever, First, did you do the tutorials? second, Its complicating but you'll eventually get the hang to it.
  13. greatmustachio Mount & Blade Branch Head

Message Count:
    1) You get used to it
    2) If the Emperor is your heir, you have no legitimate heirs of your dynasty. Marry someone (matrilinearly in your case), get a child... voilá, problem solved.
    3) Playing a Count is greatly rewarding. Like working your way to a Duke in a Generation or two, trying to become a King, get crushed by some powerfull dude, get back up etc. I hardly ever get a game where I gop to the top, and bully all others. Its an constant struggle. And fun!
  14. TheKoreanPoet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So the only way to get a cognatic monarchy is that you have to be Basque. What kind of requirement is that?
  15. peterxx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the people that straddle the French and Spanish border they're around those mountains
  16. greatmustachio Mount & Blade Branch Head

Message Count:
    That requirement is an historic one. While the rest of Europe followed the code "Bro's before hoes", the Basque kingdom of Navarra took the opposite approach
  17. TheKoreanPoet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I assume so, but being a specific culture to do something like that sounds like a weird requirement to have, historic or not.
  18. peterxx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    but that's how it worked back then they're trying to make it just like Medieval succession was back then women didn't take over because that's not how it was lol
  19. TheKoreanPoet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yea, I know about the male dominance in the medieval times over kingdoms, but on a gaming standpoint, to be a specific culture to make a decision seems weird. Although, it might stop some minor kingdom inheriting France.
  20. Benerfe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

The year was 1066 ( Of course.. ) the lands of Spain was held by the mighty Jimena Dynasty. But only one member would live to defend his Dynasties lands.

King Sancho the first, was the mighty King of the lone kingdom of Aragon seated upon the mountains walling off Spain from France. His father was a bastard of the dynasty, but people would one day realize that this "bastard's" child would one day restore Spain and kick out the Moor'ish invaders.

King Sancho in the wee years of 1066 looked at his one state kingdom and wished to expand, luckily he had many Princess to wed to make a powerful alliance and one of those kings who wed was who else? The King of France..

King Sancho helped his ally in the holy wars against the moors and in turn france would help Sancho expand his Aragon. Both countries gained land in Spain, but King Sancho started slow and steady, he declared war on his neighbors to the east of Aragon (Barcelona) for he knew the Moors were far too powerful to claim land against.

In time he spilled seed upon his wife and made babies.. Lol, wut. And in turn expanded his land, he had Zaragoza and parts Barcelona at the time of his old age. But would soon die. And leave to his sons to revive spain under the Aragon banner.

We fast forward to King Garcia I of Aragon the sixth King of the family to take the reigns, he had finally conquered the rest of Barcelona. He saw his spain get divided and conquered from holy wars it was a melting pot, Scotland to the west had liberated Portugal, Holy Roman Empire at Navarro and piece of France near Gibraltar, and of course the Moors.

[IMG]

Will King Garcia see his lands carved up by major powers or will Spain be restored?

Find out next time, on the next episode of Pokemanz!! I mean Aragon...