Cuba receives first shipment from US in 50 years

Discussion in 'The Political/Current Events Coffee House' started by D3adtrap, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Thefatkid Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Can I meat El Presidente now? That has always been my lifes goal.
  2. Soviet Streltsy Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Better make sure your not a rebel and that you listen to TNT Radio Tropico. Also, reading Comrade Presidente's Speeches, which are still not as good as Comrade Stalin's Speeches, is an important thing to do before hand.
    Benerfe, mdhookey and Thefatkid like this.
  3. trots 20-20 Member

Message Count:
    Thats what I meant with the foreign policy
  4. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yes but you don't say about being but hurt about something like that (you know, nukes in your backyard aimed at you and shit), well of course you can but it makes you look a douche.
  5. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    The only reason Cuba had nukes aimed at the US was because you guys wanted to invade them. Contrary to popular belief, everybody who opposes the US is not a bloodthirsty psychopath - They weren't going to just use them against you. I don't really agree with the use of nuclear weapons, but given the circumstances, what they did was completely ethically justified.
  6. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    @D3adtrap it appears that Finland wanted to invade Cuba, so Cuba pointed their dicks towards America, sound legit.

No US didn't want to invade Cuba after the Bay of pigs, the plans for invasion were made after US found out about them missiles. And I dare say that Castro was bit blood thirsty. He urged Nikita to go nuclear if US invaded "however harsh the solution might be". Why would the US invade you ask? They would invade, if Soviets wouldn't pull out their missiles.
  7. mdhookey Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I always thought the Cuban embargo was outdated and stupid, considering America's trade relations with China, Vietnam (and soon to come, Laos). That said, I'm still very ambivalent about Castro.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone from the Cuban Olympic team will defect this year in London.
  8. trots 20-20 Member

Message Count:
    Well I wouldnt be that worried anyone stupid enough to actually let off a nuke is pretty stupid and cuba just had for self defence and yea che wanted to use them only if America tried to invade though. Its like today with iran but I think Iran is alot bigger threat then cuba. Then again Cuba is closer... im so confused :(