Dilemma, need quick advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ironchin, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'm currently at my apartment. (My family owns a house ~35km away from the city and an apartment near the city because it's much closer to my school and my sister's university.) I went outside just a few minutes ago to get some air when I found a nice smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S II) lying on the pavement a few metres from the door. I took it inside with the intention of finding the owner by calling the contacts, but I thought I'd take a quick look through the photos to see if I could recognize the owner. Well, the good news is that I can. It belonged to a young, quite hot, female university student who lived in the same apartment block, and with whom I am acquainted with, but not friends. The other news is both good and bad. A lot of the pictures were... not exactly G rated. All right, they were pretty damn explicit. There were even some videos in the same vein. Of course, I thought "JACKPOT HELL YES" at first, but the explicit images are intermixed with the casual ones. How am I going to return it? Go up to her and say "Hey, I found your phone, I recognized you from those nude pics"? What do I do from here?
  2. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    First of all, save all of the explicit material for future use. Chances are, if she's "young", she's underage, so despite how much people nag you on the internet, don't post it. That is fucked up. Get rid of the SIM card or anything else that might let those motherfuckers track their shit. Then either keep your new £350-odd phone or sell it on the internet. Finders keepers. If you do return it, just man up and tell her straight. It's her fault, not yours. It's more of a case of "I rescued your phone that costs more than quarter of a thousand pound, I saw you naked as a reward".
  3. GiggleBlizzard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Call the contacts to ask who she is and then say that's how you found her. If he asks if you've looked through anything just say no.
    Uberotaku001 and D3VIL like this.
  4. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    She's of age, just, but I have absolutely no intentions of posting the pictures.
    She's a nice girl, I'm determined to give it back. And she's a bit like a neighbor, it would be so awkward as we run into each other quite often.
  5. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Put a huge folder full of Giorgio Tsoukalos pictures on it.

Just return it and say you found out by briefly looking at her pictures. Then she'll be relieved and assume that you haven't seen her in the nude.
    Sparticus 1244 likes this.
  6. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Do you know her name? Could you say you clicked Facebook and saw her name or something?
  7. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I know her first name. Unfortunately one of her friends must have used the Facebook app last or something, because the current profile is not hers.

Opening up photos gives you a grid of photos in the order that they were taken. Some of the ones on the immediate grid are nudes, not noticing would be virtually impossible.
  8. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    What about Twitter?

(Side note - never keep photos you wouldn't want others to see on a portable device.)

But he likes her and doesn't want to embarrass her!
  9. Leonard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Pics or it didn't happen..

..Anyway, just give it back. It's her fault she had those pics on it in the first place, so she shouldn't be suprised if someone saw it.
  10. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Doesn't use it.

Oh there are plenty of pics. And a vid or two. Not that anyone here will be seeing them. It must be said though, the SGSII has a very good camera.
    She seems quite vulnerable and sensitive to this sort of thing. As I said before, she's like a neighbor, and I don't want things to be awkward. Kinda why I asked the forum in the first place.
  11. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Seeing as she's given you no other alternative, you just have to hand it to her and hope she doesn't ask questions. I would kill to be in your position. I wouldn't even look at the nudes, I would just start making up devious shit to confuse and baffle her when I return it.
  12. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Goddamnit, she's not giving you an options is she? Unless someone else comes up with a better idea then I'd give the phone back with a back-up plan if she asks how you knew. Try and turn an incredibly exposing and embarrassing moment into something light hearted. Easier said than done I know. Good luck man!
  13. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    do what swedish guy said :cool:
    D3VIL likes this.
  14. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Shit I didn't see that post. Yeah do that.
  15. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    Yea for realz... Don't know why you didn't do that (call her parents or something) in the first place
  16. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Put it on her doorstep. Put a sticky note on the back with "I saw you naked" or "nice pictures". Otherwise just hand it to her.
  17. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Summed up the courage to grab the phone, go to her apartment aaaaand....... she wasn't there. Must have dropped it on her way out. I guess I'll wait until she comes back. Thanks for the help guys, and if anyone has any more suggestions, I estimate that I'll have a few more hours so feel free to give them.
  18. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Comon just have some fun with it, the potential ways of giving it back to her are hillarious.
  19. theteremaster Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the deepest depths of the Australian netherworld
  20. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Just be a good samaritan and say you found it, you went through the contacts and noticed someone familiar, then give it to her, it might lead to some sex.
    Viking Socrates likes this.