Discussion Thread of March

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bart, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonTrotsky Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Hey guys, third time's the charm, right? I think I'd work with anyone well and look forward to your support.
  2. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Shhhh. He doesnt know that we are not supposed to make the forum a better place yet!
    Vulcan200x likes this.
  3. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Just let the guy dream!
    slydessertfox likes this.
  4. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    :(, I have also been accused of the same thing. I will probably vote for Sly.
  5. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I honestly have no idea who you are...
  6. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Me?
  7. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I quoted your post didn't I? I really know nothing about you other then you are a Christian, could you maybe explain more about yourself and what you plan on doing, your speech was rather vague.
    DutchMasterRace likes this.
  8. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I believe I was in Sly's Fox Den with you. Like what do you want me to explain? My life?
  9. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    If anybody doesn't vote for me, they better vote for Lampy. Or else.
    Also, and this is nothing personal, but might I remind potential supporters of Ler of his poor track record when it comes to being tribune? He is prone to emotional breakdowns and outbursts, and while they might not be his fault, they definitely could interfere with his duties, and he is known to constantly resign and then withdraw his resignation. He's a pretty cool guy, but not an admirable leader.

I hope I didn't come off as bashing a fellow candidate too harshly, but I think more focus should be on the gaming community than to the forums themselves. We need to look outward, not inward. It's the only way we can sustain ourselves.
    slydessertfox and Romulus211 like this.
  10. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I just said to elaborate your speech more you were vague and would like to know more other then "change"
  11. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    And you haven't said that enough already? Shaw, another candidate for tribune, bashing Ler unnecessarily in this thread. We've already had this discussion several times, to bring it up again here seems nothing more than throwing dirt at the competition. I have stated my reasons while defending him, you have stated why you don't think he should be tribune and we have done this several times over. Yet you single out Ler in this thread. It would be just as bad if Ler came into this thread and singled you out to try and discredit you. I ask people to consider this before voting as well.
    DutchMasterRace likes this.
  12. LeonTrotsky Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think that this is what needs to change. We are all running for tribune, let the polls decide.
    Vulcan200x likes this.
  13. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    I have been on good terms with Ler lately, I only "singled him out" because he is one of the only candidates that is going to be taken seriously. And I did not "throw dirt" at the competition. I simply pointed out Ler's record of being tribune. I worry about these forums and don't think that Ler is the man for the job. I don't want this to escalate and would like everybody to refrain from hostility. If anybody has any legitimate concerns about me being tribune, I would feel offended if they didn't point them out, because if I had some kind of major flaw that was threatening to the forums, and people weren't telling me about it, I wouldn't want there to be a high chance that I could screw it up pretty bad. So, by all means, point out my flaws, please. I would like everybody to discuss these elections rationally, logically, and without hostility or negative intentions.
  14. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    LampRevolt, because he's a kickass roleplayer and a damn smart guy, and very mature.

ComradeLer, because he's awesome, and I've only seen results from him.

OR LeonTrotsky, because he seems like the kind of guy who just genuinely want's to help the site/forums.

My top two are Still LampRevolt, and ComradeLer though.
  15. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Shaw, everyone in this thread knows your opinion, and a lot agree with it. I see no reason to reopen the discussion at all.
  16. LeonTrotsky Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Don't forget, he's also incredibly handsome.
    General Mosh likes this.
  17. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Ok, I don't there is a major problem with Ler. He seems to work well with the mods, and the mods like him. Stalin likes him. So, if your going to look at Ler's cons, which there are legitimate concerns for, then also look at his pros. Shaw, you claim you want to be a pacifier and unbiased tribune, but you are instead stirring up another argument over Ler, and not pointing out there is also a good side to him. So, I pointed out one of your flaws Shaw. :p
  18. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Do I need to get @UnitRico over here to correct you on your grammar again?
    General Mosh likes this.
  19. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    You people are so Goddamned ridiculous. Chelsea and Fey act as whiteknights on the behalf of Ler, and openly trash The Shaw because he talks about another candidate in the election discussion thread. You don't think there's some bias there? Jesus fuck.

Just change the OP to: "Let's talk about things, guys, but don't say anything bad about Ler or you're a worthless sack of human excrement and Chelsea and Fey will destroy your campaign and reputation."

And seriously, if you are all so hopelessly autistic as to put Ler in power after everything he's done, especially when there are other candidates available for you, then you deserve what you get.
    Demondaze, The Shaw and Vulcan200x like this.
  20. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    What satisfaction do you get out of defending Ler? The fact is that The Shaw has made an entirely reasonable assumption and reminded the voters of potential faults in the main candidates. It was not for personal gain. Ler is going to win with the help of his dysfunctional clique anyway. The Shaw is probably the only candidate that's actually going to do a good job of it. He most certainly doesn't need moderators belittling him because they feel the need to defend Ler solely because they consider him as a friend.

The same goes for you. Leave Shaw alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.