Discussion Thread of March

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bart, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yes we say number one for a reason and good luck in the elections....Mosh.

BTW I am not dreaming..if I was I would be the Tribune already ask me any question?
    General Mosh likes this.
  2. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Ok so I am just gonna throw this out here. I know it may sound revolutionary and completely radical and new to you guys, but I'm gonna say it anyway. Its an election. Its an election discussion thread. I honestly can not see the problem with The Shaw mentioning Ler's faults and why you should not vote for him in a thread where we are supposed to talk about the candidates. Now Im not trying to sound mean or anything, but why would you mention the good sides of a candidate you are running against when you are trying to become tribune? I could understand the outrage over Shaw saying that if he became all defensive once you question his beliefs and started badmouthing him. Yet he is doing just the opposite. He wants people to point out his flaws and the bad side of him. I see no reason why people are looking down on him for mentioning Ler's faults in a discussion about the candidates. That is all.
  3. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Yes, but Shaw said he was doing it with no regards for the elections at all. Therefore, your argument is invalid.
  4. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yup Chives and that other guy loves to bash me with passion...this is a election where are the attack ads..that I will rage and collect myself and rally the people.
  5. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Now if we might, let's carry on with a civil debate, and end these hostile circle arguments.
  6. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    Alright, Vulcan, How exactly would you stop all this factionalism?
  7. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Alex Tran fixes everything. He number one!
  8. Skyicewolf City States Godmod Patrol

Message Count:
    @Vulcan200x

Took me like, 30 minutes to find the goddamn @ key. Anyways, How exactly, would you stop all this factionalism?
  9. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    He Alex Tran and he number 1. Doesnt that explain it all?
    Vulcan200x and General Mosh like this.
  10. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Seems my list of potential choices grow smaller.
  11. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No one can stop factionalism in general, but I can stop this sites main factionalism between Kali and Ler, I make peace talks with both parties if I can draft a peace treaty between them, we might stop all all the civil debate. Besides we live under one faction and that is josefvstalin.
  12. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    A peace treaty you say? Why that just sounds like the most.....awesome idea ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALEX TRAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vulcan200x and GeneralofCarthage like this.
  13. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    You can feel free to try but I'm pretty sure relations between both sides has deteriorated beyond repair. A few words aren't going to fix that.
  14. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Trust me...I seen enemies become friends with my help....and nothing is impossible for Alex Tran. Talk are my 1st choice if it fails.....oh wait it won't fail!

Let's start with you why do you think kali is bias and what compels you to defend ler?
  15. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    First of all we aren't derailing the election thread any further with this discussion. Secondly I have stated a lot of my reasons before or they were things from the mods corner, either posts by Kali or what Ler did that was good for the forums behind the scene.
  16. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Regardless of the weight they carry, this is a political election.

People will take sides and attack others.
    That's how it works.
    I'd think you'd understand that, Stranger.
  17. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    Bias? Well of course I'm biased.

I do not like Ler. I think he is an objectively bad human being. He's a snake, willing to lie and betray anyone as long as it suits him. He's a complete phony, and never expresses an honest opinion or states something without a slimy ulterior motive. He is unbelievably paranoid and hypersensitive.

Worst of all, he tries to implement policy in order to sate his paranoia, as in the case of the witch-hunt conducted against Matt, and routinely tries to create ever harsher standards for the insult and hate speech rules in order to protect his precious feelings.

At the very least, he's not competent to be a Tribune. Not only is he mentally, emotionally, and physically unstable, but he viciously lashes out at anyone who opposes him and has wanted to resign his position multiple times. If you people were considering Ler for literally any political office or even to hire him as a damn busboy you'd reject him immediately. But of course, he remains popular because he has a clique of commie 'friends' that have the same insecurities as he does, and these friends extend into the site staff, from Stalin on down. It's absolutely mind-numbing that anyone would possibly consider voting for Ler as Tribune, but with the level of autism currently present on the forums it's a damned inevitability.
    That's kind of the point. Shaw did just that and Chelsea and Fey act like he's done something unspeakable.
    Vulcan200x and GeneralofCarthage like this.
  18. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Welcome back Kali.
    GeneralofCarthage likes this.
  19. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    And you in turn did the same.
  20. The Shaw Rawnald Gregory Erickson the Second

Message Count:
    Shit I started to typoe this before chelsea's post and I don't want to delete it.
    There is only an issue between members because they both make issues. For example ComradeLer and I have no problems with each other, yet somehow an argument was created out of us. If anybody, but preferably everybody, simply decided that they are better than this and simply refused to feed the fire, then there would be no problems. Undoubtedly somebody will claim that I started it by commenting on Ler's candidacy, to which I reply that it was a legitimate concern that was absolutely relevant to this discussion. It has been claimed that my argument was not necessary because it has already been discussed in the past. But that does not make it any less relevant, especially in this discussion. But then they will say that I was the one who attempted to stir shit and cause an argument, which is a simply ludicrous idea. I have said and still say that I only aim to pacify these kinds of arguments, and wish only to debate in a civil and friendly manner. I hold no grudge or hatred for Ler of any kind. He knows this, I know this, and I'm sure most people know this, so who is really trying to start an argument?

If we would all, or at least most of us, act as adults and in a civil and friendly manner, even to those who we disagree with, then there would be no more of the petty and childish arguments that plague our forums. It's time to grow up, and these times are only growing pains, we shall mature past this. This is not factionalism, this is simply childish.

And that is my take on the matter, and also to previous accusations against me.
    I'm expecting somebody to attempt to point out that I am "feeding the fire" by making this post, but I feel as though my reputation has been threatened, and am trying to clear this mess up.
    Let's just all be friendly here. There is no community without unity.
    GeneralofCarthage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.