(False) Historical stereotypes

Discussion in 'Historical Events Coffee House' started by D3adtrap, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Augustus Magnas Member

Message Count:
    Myth: Hitler was an atheist
    Fact: While not an overly-devout man Hitler was infact a Christian. In private he talked about fond memories he had as a Church Choir boy, in Mein Kempf he talked about how it is God's wish that the Jews be exterminated since it was they who killed God's son. So yeah Hitler might well have been the Mel Gibson of his day. This myth has been used mostly by Fundamentalist Christians as a way to try and condemn Atheism, they usually throw in Stalin as well.
  2. crocve Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I donĀ“t agree with this. You should see in youtube the 1st and 2nd parts of "Was Hitler Christian? An Analysis of 60 Quotations" . It is true that Hitler was Catholic when he was younger, but when he entered politics, he began to embrace paganism. It is just like what happened with Roman emperor Constantine, who used Christianity to help his political objectives, but continued to be a pagan and only converted in his death bed.
  3. GeorgykZhukov Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Because i have massive tentacles protruding from my face.
  4. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    If I recall correctly, Hitler ordered a tank design to be able to mount their powerfull 88mm, so they could beat the KV-1 and T-34, because the Panzer IV was not strong enough with even its upgraded 75mm. In turn the soviets designed a new heavy tank, the Iosif Stalin, because the KV wasn't powerfull enough to penetrate the Tiger's armor, neither the T-34. So initially the Tiger was pretty good but was soon outdated, as to the Panther, its main flaw was that later in the war, with lack of materials and etc, the welding and in turn, the armor, even if well slopped and thick, wasn't good enough to the Soviet and American materials, but it did have a good gun that outranged both the Sherman and T-34. Anyway, I have to agree with, but I still have to say the T-34 is in my vision, the best tank of WW2, I was arguing about the Panther because you made it look worse than a Sherman, which it wasn't (at least on paper).
    thelistener likes this.
  5. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Appears the price of Gas have flunctuated between 4-5 dollars.
    General Mosh likes this.
  6. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    The US must be making one hell of a snack....
  7. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Omar Bradley was GI's general.
    Wrong. As Marshall noted:"The GI's were not impressed with him. They scarcely knew him. He's not a flamboyant figure and he didn't get out much to troops. And the idea that he was idolized by the average soldier is just rot."