Family History

Discussion in 'Historical Events Coffee House' started by Artismoke, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I think i may be Aztec as well, but I have no records.
  2. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    My family (or part of it at least) apparently came to the US on the Mayflower, which I find interesting.
  3. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Same here someone on my mothers side came over on the Mayflower but I really don't know if its really true.
  4. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    See what my great aunt did was actually trace my family history all the way back to the start of when we came over. Or at least her side...
  5. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    My cousin did the same thing and some how traced my family to the Mayflower on my mothers side.
  6. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    That's pretty cool. But it is certainly a hard thing.
    Vassilli1942 likes this.
  7. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    As you know, I come from the Netherlands, in the west of the country. My family lived in the little bit of the west that was not yet urbanized (it is right now), for a few generations. Before, we lived in the east of the country. Also, as I have a (very ugly) family weapon, I guess my family used to be noble once. My last name is a German village, so I probably come from a German noble family. Not a very interesting history, I guess.
  8. KCL202 Member

Message Count:
    Dad's side:
    My Grandfather's relatives were French. I am related to some of the upper-class noblemen. Some of them were the first fur trappers in Canada. I also believe one of them married a Native american from the Huron tribe. Most of my French side stayed in France until the Revolution, when they fled to America to avoid the guillotine because of their connections to the king.
    My Grandmother's relatives are Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and English. They were mostly farmers, although one of my relatives served in the Army in the 1700's and became a very high ranking officer. They came over in the Industrial Revolution.
    Mom's side:
    My Grandfather's family were rich grape growers near in Italy. They left Italy in 1922 when Mussolini was just starting to gain power.
    My Grandmother's side is German and English. The English side is very interesting. They were some of the earliest Pilgrims in America, supposedly coming over on the Mayflower (I think one of her later Voyages). They were largely involved in the American Revolution. Reportedly one of my relatives took part in the Boston Tea Party. I am related to George Washington and Michael Hillegas (The first Co-Tresurer along with Alexander Hamilton.)
    My German side I do not know much about. They lived in Prussia before they came to the United States.

Many of my Relatives fought in wars. Mainly American wars; the French and Indian war, the Revolutionary war, the Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, i even have cousins in Afghanistan now; but I have heard that some relatives fought for Italy in WWI. I am proud of all my family members for serving their countries.
  9. mdhookey Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    A lot of my family on my father's side were Slavs, coming from what's today southern Poland, eastern Slovakia and western Ukraine. Some of these ancestors included Jews too. They immigrated to the U.S. at the turn of the 20th century, immigrating to New York. There, they mingled with recent Newfoundlander immigrants (of English ancestry), and out of that came my father.

On my mother's side, they were a mix of Italians from the Tuscany region, who immigrated to California just before World War I started (really good timing). These Italians mixed in with an Anglo-American aristocratic family from San Francisco. Out of that comes my mother.
  10. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    My ancestory comes from Germany, Switzerland, England, Ireland, and the Netherlands. One of my most notable of ancestors is Frederick Barbarossa. I actually think I have a little Italian in me. My Great Uncle fought in WWII against the Japs and was killed in 44'.
  11. battleearl Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Anyone related to Charlemagne or Genghis Khan?
  12. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I might be related to Charlamagne
  13. mdhookey Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No, but I might be distantly related to one of William the Conqueror's generals. Not as badass as Charlemagne though.
  14. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    O.k so let me going here my family is a diverse family of fucking lunacy and wide sporing of weirdness. (I also will post a family tree i have of just some of my family members)

Anyways My Polish side is from the good old Polish side is from the grand old city of Poznan Poland, they where pretty much dirt poor serfs all there lifes under the regimes of the Germans and the Russian crown, after years of impression they decided that hey america seems nice and went over to america to work at one of the two big motor companys (ford or GM) where they did the great job of Putting tires on cars for a grand old prize of 5 dollars. Then they fought in some wars and now there american, fuck communism as they say

(I have a picture of some in 1895 should i post it?)

Next my German side, i can only assume was in the sacking of Rome and everything else great that German has done, yeah every single great German is my family members. O.k not really however during the first world war my family had alot of money and power (meeting with greats like Hindenburg and grand kaiser Wilhelm ) however Germany lost the first world war so any hope of us becoming the great leaders of Germany where dashed. However luckily for me my German uncle Klaus is rich as hell thanks to banking and China. so visiting him is nice.

My Russian side i know the least about, tough i have a couple family soviet uniforms so i can assume we fought for the reds.

My Cuban side well FUCK BATISTA, that is all thank you very much.
  15. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Cuban American Russian German Pole

Most of my family are of Irish descent. My dad's side, at least. My mum's side are Saxon-Danish with a bit of Jew added.

From recent history, loads of my relatives died in Flanders in WW1, I think the family was nearly completely extinct after that, because the British Government thought Pals Battalions were a good idea. And then my great granddad ended up going to El-Alamein and dying. That's about it. I think my family has a long history of getting themselves killed in wars.
  16. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    YOUR A DIRTY SPIC LIKE ME WE SHOULD TOTALLY EAT SOME TACO'S TOGETHER BRO!!!
  17. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    I believe he was talking about me.
  18. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    gross bro chill
  19. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    My ancestory comes from Germany, England, Ireland, and Sweden.

As for people that were in the military in my family
    My Grandfather was in the 90th infantry division and landed on Utah beach on D-Day in World War II.
    My Great Grandfather was in the 77th infantry division in World War I.
  20. The Evil Major Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I don't know much about my family history apart my granfather (R.I.P) who was a pilot in the Finnish Air Force during ww2 (he got some nice cufflinks with swastikas for his service (saved some insignifigant church, from the russians, somewhere)), after the war he first trained pilots then became a pilot for the airline company Finnair and was (at least that's what I've been told) a pioneer of Finnish aeronautics.
    Also his son (my uncle) was a pilot for Finnair, and his son (my cousin) is a pilot for Finnair and also my mom works for Finnair.

Oh yes... and I think that my granma is a russophobic (the war you know).