God is a jerk.

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Lighthouse, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    When I was about 7 or 8 I went to a catholic school and every night you had to read the bible for about 30 minutes and had to get some sort of signature from your parents that you did such or you pretty much failed religon class because I didnt pay attention since I thought it was stupid to be graded on my logic on god and reading the bible was 30 something percent of my grade.

As I read I realized God was a really weird and was a real prick. Once he told one of his most faithful followers to kill his kid. ( Secretly it was to test his faith in him ) and It says in the bible:

" Now I know that thou fearest God " So he basiclly did it for the lawls...

Or that when he killed about 50 million people and animals by drowning ( One of the slowest most painful deaths ) when he spared about 6 people and 2 of each animal he says:

" I shall never destroy all of man by a great flood"...

You got to be so specific? I mean also he kills the animals for being on the same fucking planet? Thats fair.

Also when the people made a tower 4x bigger than the Empire States building which they made so they could be closer to God and Heavean. What he does: Makes them all speak different laungauges which stopped production of it and pretty much everything, also if you want to go into it that much it lead into racism and sterotypes.

2. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I learnt he was a jerk when he would rather save kids in Africa then save my dad from cancer. Fucking cunt.
    Uberotaku001 likes this.
  3. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Deist.
  4. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    HERESEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    thats nice.
  6. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It was a joke. Though it is still heresy in my mind
  7. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    "If gods exist, have they been good custodians...? Death, sickness, poverty, tyranny, and countless other miseries stalk the land. If this is the handiwork of divine beings, then they are to be rebelled against and overthrown, not given obeisance, obediance, and reverence."

You find facinating tadbits of... wisdom? in the some of the most surprising places.
  8. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    God as described in the Bible is the most cruel, evil and hypocrite entity around.
  9. Kalalification Guest

That's just not true. Off the top of my head I can name at least a half dozen more cruel, evil, and hypocritical entities. Considerably more than that if we're only taking the individual traits.
  10. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Name other entities that send men to an eternal torture, or massacred as many men and animals as God. Not to mention that if I actually would read the Bible I'd found several contradictions on every damn page.
  11. Kalalification Guest

Well just from the fictional deities/deity equivalents that come from the top of my head: Archdemons (Dragon Age), most Daedric Princes, the Ori, the Godhand (Berserk), Nurgle, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Khorne, pretty much any entity of the Warp, and whatever that thing in the Impossible Planet was (Doctor Who).

EDIT: Point here being that even if you want to assign every evil that exists to God, the status quo is not the depths of depravity. Things as they are now are not wholly and completely terrible. It makes no sense to claim that nothing is more evil than God.
  12. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I feel like the very existence of people like Assad or Qaddafi is proof that either God 1) doesn't exist, 2) doesn't care, or 3) is incompetent.
  13. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Or it proves that bible talk about FREE WILL is true?

Yes god is little bit impotent, because he gave free will and thus god can't control human actions.
  14. battleearl Well-Known Member

Message Count:

16:40 for God on trial
    Lighthouse418 likes this.
  15. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That makes no sense. He gave us free will, then condemns us because we have free will, and when shit goes wrong, he doesn't do anything about it because he gave us free will? So, He could've made a perfect world, but instead gave humans free will, and then being angry about it. Which leads back to the main point of the topic that God is in fact, a jerk.

Now, I'm not entirely familiar with all the mythologies of these deities, but the impression I get from God is that he created the human race for the sole reason of torturing them eternally. There's no motive behind anything, and His reasons are warped and very messed up. Not to mention the fact that people really believe God described in the Bible is real, while all others are certainly fictional. Even better: the world in which these other deities rule either don't exist, or show our world very differently from theirs. If you'd compare God to other deities in our world, with our reality and our religions, nothing is as cruel as God.
  16. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That's why I believe in Deism.
  17. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Condemn? You mean hell? Yes he condemns. because humans can either reject him or accept him He does not force either,only giving a hint whats better. Yes I believe god can't effect directly to our actions only guide/influence meaning if he steps in when somebody does wrong then there is no free will. Reason for this is that humans that have free will are able to do absolute evil or absolute good. You can't have a humans that can love truly with out having free will. You can ask for ever why did god crate us. And never find the answer. But what I know is that god wanted us to be free not robots, because robots can't love.
  18. JosipBrozTito Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omni-malevolent, then the world we live in has to be optimal for creating evil.
  19. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Giving a hint? Either live life normally or die and get tortured for all eternity? That's not a hint. Influencing the world and helping people get rid of sorrow and evil doesn't mean humans don't have free will. That's like saying we should disallow all charities because that'd mean poor, sick and starving people wouldn't have free will.
  20. battleearl Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That is what I and many other before me have wondered: How can God and the devil exist simultaneously?