Good night, Sweet Prince

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Link, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKoreanPoet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I agree with Egyptianplanet on this one too.
  2. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This is the internet. Anything you put up there is stored and even sold. I don't get why this is a surprise to people.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  3. RonaldRaygun Futuristic Weapon Wielder/Commie Hunter

Message Count:
    It could've worked but everyone used the same excuse "the forums are separate from the clan, we don't care about your bullshit". People from the community were interested but the head honchos offered no support whatsoever.
    I've been in a gaming community/clan before and that's not how it's supposed to work.

In other words:
  4. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    slyfox - you have serious trouble with reading comprehension. I don't give two shits about this non-existant clan it was brought up by someone else. I came here to interject so someone speaks up about how personal information about someone's life is being used. Even if it's not for a malicious reason I think most reasonable people would at least agree it's a tad bit over the top. I don't need to know if matthew is or isn't former IDF, his accent when speaking Hebrew or if he has two younger children. That's messed up.

And this forum will never get better, you won't attract honest members at the rate you are all at rather more groupies and fan boys who thinks Chelsea will notice then and Stalin will find favor among them. It's bound to be doomed.

It's something honest members wanted but mods here, of a certain persuasion, came in like "I have a vagina nothing is going to happen with this shit!" and most of the fan boys just swooned.
    TheKoreanPoet likes this.
  5. Yarpen Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You know Matt himself told to the community about his sons and stuff, right? This thread is about Kali btw.
    slydessertfox and D3VIL like this.
  6. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Reasons I agree with Stalin:

• Checking Staff IPs - He was a staff member. Therefore Stalin needed to know whether he was honest or not, to retain his power.
    • Speaking publicly - He had already talked to him about similar things before, only creating more inconsistencies. Also, this is a community, and matters involving staff are important to the rest of us. If MatthewChris had just vanished this would've raised more outrage.
    • Private life - Everything that Stalin said had already been shared by MatthewChris. He wasn't told this stuff in confidence.
    • Public shaming - Do you know what? It didn't have to be. MatthewChris could've put up a strong defence. He didn't. He left. Instead of demolishing a potentially bunk theory he ran away. He could've talked to Stalin privately about it. He didn't (I assume). He left.
  7. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Didn't he write a post on that one thread, though?
  8. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Yes he did. He wrote two actually.
  9. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Going into his personal life and discussing what you think is likely etc. and doing it publicly to confirm "suspicions" is messed up beyond belief. Like I said if in the end the mods want to hold to "it's your site we do what we want" go right on ahead but discussing someone's real life openly is really quite absurd. It's not within the mods rights nor should it be done in a public area, behind a person's back (for a good while) and then chalk it up as "mods doing bsns"
  10. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Did you read anything he just said? Matt himself mentioned he was in the IDF. Matt himself said he had two kids. Matt himself said where he was from and told us about his life WAYYYYYYYY before this happened. It wasnt news to us, because Matt had told us before.
  11. Yarpen Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It's so clear to me now, the mods are clearly corrupt. I think we need some kind of representatives, be could call them Senators, or sothing like that!
  12. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Don't give a shit drawing up conclusions by delving into his personal life is an insane exaggeration to thinking your forums are in peril or someone's not telling the truth. The shit you said publicly can be used by others if he ever used the alias "matthewchris" in the future. Keep it private and explain to people you needed to make a decision to protect the integrity of the forum, don't go about it by talking about the dude's life and how you think he's a fake. Holy shit how beyond messed up can you be?
  13. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    For someone who claims that everyone likes to make a huge deal out of me being a woman, Egypt sure likes to. Pretty much all of his insults are either directed towards the female mods or the "white knights" and swooning fanboys.
  14. Yarpen Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Are you Matt's lawyer by chance?
  15. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Now you've gone and crossed into my territory. Matt and I have had many conversations on the direction of this forum, as of late our verdict has been that this community is in decline and is not showing signs of recovering. Both of us have toyed around with the idea of slowly fading into obscurity much like Link and Card have. As I understand it, Matt saw this a the perfect note to just straight up cold turkey this bitch. Just as I would have done had it been me on the spot.
  16. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You mean like the Tribunes.
  17. Yarpen Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  18. Unillogical Ex-Admin

Message Count:
    Let's break this down for you.

I actually think pretending to be a Jewish man living in Israel with a wife & two kids is worse but that's just me. In any case explain to be how we 'delved into a guys personal life'. MatthewChris openly gave information about himself that was called into question, when confronted he decide to temporarily leave the forum. We have released no personally identifiable information about MatthewChris. I'm sorry that ensuring that the people we give the power to destroy hundreds of posts are at least not untrustworthy is somehow at odds with your moral compass. Incidentally we pointed out he wasn't who he said he was. Not really that controversial.

Occasionally we check the IP addresses of suspicious new members to verify whether they are a multi-account of another member. Which you said already said is fine. We cannot use this information to determine who people are, though we can determine whether one account comes from the same person as another account.

What personal life? We don't have any clue what his personal life is, he hasn't told us anything or what he has told us is probably false.

MatthewChris gave out information gladly, by pointing out that this information is probably false you actually have less information on him than before. Tell me one thing that isn't the State he lives in that you know about him? Secondly give me one reason he deserves our respect, he was a liar and a fraud.
    UnitRico, Warburg, Yarpen and 3 others like this.
  19. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You honestly derp harder than you herp derpina. When people like me Link, Card, Ronald, etc. etc.brought up issues it was basically you defending Stalin's rigid and harsh positions and people supporting you because, you're, well.. special how about if we go with that? You say you're not responsible for running people from this forum but you sure as hell are, the fact that you've not been once called into question for your shitty as hell actions is because people think you're a novelty on this forum. They're wrong as are you, and I thinks secretely you know this as well. And you know who else is wrong? The glorious leader who refuses to call into question your action because he himself condones and is responsible for it as well.

Your witch hunt to find out who matthewchris is full blown proof of that. You both forgot that in your search of monsters, you two both became monsters yourselves.

Just goes to show how little regard you have for someone's personal life. You're not a moral judiciator who should find justification for doing such actions, you're a moderator. You saying you're justified into going into detail of someone's life like that, no matter how much pretty words you throw around it, is an abomination. No more no less. The people falling for this tripe don't know any better, most moderators and admins who do shit like that can be sued for defamation of character its been done before.
  20. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    If you hate this forum so fucking much just leave and be done with it. Nobody is stopping you. Is it really that hard to stop coming to a place you despise?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.