Human Perfection ( The Perfect Human)

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Aleem Tariq, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Achtung Kommunisten! Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Birmingham, United Kingdom, European Union
    I imagine he's offended by your assertion that the two big monothiestic religions are only a force for conservatism and regress. There are probably plenty of exceptions. If you ask me, pretentious athiests whose only argument is 'you're all brainwashed and stupid' are just as bad.
    Melanthropist likes this.
  2. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    Everyone is brainwashed and stupid, it's a simply fact of life.
  3. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Don't act innocent. You insulted a lot more people than I did.

I guess I owe you me going by it bit by bit.
    You back this up how? I've never heard a religious person say they want that. That's more in the camp of primitivism.

Well, you know, the Greeks, Middle Eastern people, and Romans all were religious. Probably more so than the Christians and Muslims. Also, you should go into further detail about how the Christians and Muslims "messed it all up".

That's just plain false. At the very least I can offer my own experience with catholic hospitals as being amazing.
    Viking Socrates likes this.
  4. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The religious right and muslims hate science and education they think that there bibles and korans should replace science books and history books all you have to do is read and watch the news. Muslims and christians would kill any one that did not agree with there digusting way of think. I am pretty sure if Socrates or Plato existed in midieval time's they would have been put to the stake. The christian church would burn tomes,books and texts. The middle east slowly turned into a shit hole because of islam. They still use there religion to hold us back by blocking any attempts to use better energy source's or medical research. Christians have even said they are anti science. Chritianity was used to brain wash slaves to be more docile. Christiananity and islam have been associated with some if not most of the worst atrocity's in human history. Yes catholic hospitals refusing to contraceptives and abortions to rape victims, that is pretty amazing.
  5. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Anti-theism everywhere.
  6. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    For the most part that's not true. None of them expressly hate any field of educated thought, though they may dislike some of things they say. No one hate education.

No one thinks that. Though some things in science books they find disagreeable. Like evolution. And why would they want to get rid of history? History has nothing against religion. If anything it favors it by showing how devout people were with like Crusades and stuff.

Again, no one believes that. You have some pretty extreme views against religion. None of them are real.

No they wouldn't. If anything Christianity and Islam preach a very peaceful message. In fact in Christianity you burn in Hell forever if you commit murder and don't repent.

I'm glad you're not biased then.

Then you're pretty wrong. The Pope wouldn't exactly love them, but it's not like they'd be burned alive.
    You seem to have a very warped look at history.

Heretical ones, yes. Like Carthar texts that think the Pope is the Antichrist and shit and advocate murder of Clerics. Not philosophical thought that makes sense.

Actually it prospered greatly for a very long time because of Islam. The Middle East was a great bastion of education and learning for a while.

I haven't seen the Pope picketing any Solar Panels recently. For the most part religion has no problem with medical research and green energy. There is a little like stem cell research, but even that isn't that big.

If you mean some Christians, then some Atheists are child molesters too. Every group has undesirable members.

If you mean all Christians, then you're dead wrong by a long shot and I wouldn't be able to believe you were that stupid. I really hope it's the former of the two.

What can men do against such ignorance?

So has Japan. Nagaski Slaughter much? I guess the Japanese are Devil spawn.
    Pretty much every group has done some slaughters. If you look at history you'll see that.

What kind of dipshit goes to a Catholic hospital for an abortion?

Free abortions are in God's plan.
  7. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Can't say I see the peace in burning in hell forever, but that might just be me. Both Christianity and Islam seem to be very contradictory about the whole issue, where there are just as many peaceful as hateful messages are being spread.
    Anwrise888 likes this.
  8. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It's a deterrent taken to the extreme.

Also, why did you make two quotes? They're literally right next to each other in the post. Just more work for you.
  9. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    A bit too extreme if you'd ask me.

It highlights the two statements. It's not that much work, just some copy-paste shenanigans. I probably should've shortened them for emphasis, though.
  10. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Humanity is still at the forth technology tier. Religion and the people that follow it are one of the obstacles that block humanity from reaching the third teir of technology. We advanced very far and very fast when relgion had less power over humanity. The last step is to neutralize religion to the point were it can be harmless and be controlled.
  11. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Jesus Christ you're talking about religion like it's a fucking dog with rabies, man. It's not that bad.
  12. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yes it is and like all rabid animals.........well;) you get the point. I will stop talking about this since I still need to follow the forum rules. So time to change the topic I can sense the secret police giving me a unfreindly look that hints to unpleasant things.
  13. UnitRico Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No it's not, you're describing the Reformation and Inquisition, both of which have been gone for quite a while now.
  14. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Oh don't forget the French wars of religions.
  15. C_G Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This, my friend, is pure and complete bullshit. How you manage to draw the conclusion that technology advances quicker when religion holds less sway is beyond me. The technological advances of the past two hundred years have had everything to do with the invention of the steam engine in the 18th century. From this the industrial revolution was trigured, which I am sure you know is the seat of all major technological advances since then. It has nothing to do with religion, again, from where you draw that connection is completely beyond me. Some of the foundations of science have come from intensely religious people.
    thelistener likes this.
  16. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    @Anwrise888 there's no way in hell you are 19 years old
  17. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You are right religion had nothing to do with the industrial age. During the age of reason and the industrial age individaul countries and there government had more power than the church. We have a major problem in america right now were the religious right have to much power. It is very sad when when people are aloud to be bully if it is for religion. Were good politions can not get elected and people can not get jobs because they are not religious enough. In america we can not advance in stem cell research that could help so many people because of religion.It is not the religion that is the problem but the misguided idiots that follow it. Thank you @C_G for righting a valid arguement instaid of a idiotic one liner.
  18. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I was unaware that I wrote an "idiotic one liner".
  19. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I was not talking about you I was talking about this.
  20. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I guess I'm just butt hurt you didn't reply to me. :(