Is Ignorance Banable

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Revan706, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    Yes
  2. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    this a thousand times
  3. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well, that much is obvious.
  4. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    As oppose to a culture that is starving to death, can't write, and is wearing basiclly grass skirts as their only clothing....

Yes, I would say Western culture is superior.

I know, which is why I so obviously hate blacks and natives, but randomly don't hate Asians, yet somehow manage to think that Mayans, Incas, Egyptians, etc. were all just as civilized as Europeans...

I really wouldn't jump to assumptions like that.

But anyway, we're talking about culture. The only racial parts of this discussion were when everyone has been randomly calling me a racist.
  5. CorB New Member

Message Count:
    You've described a culture. What basis are you using to determine the superiority of this type of culture over another? I would argue that a culture with many of those attributes would result in a society with a reduced amount of suffering and a higher amount of well-being. Is that what you're saying?
  6. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yes, because all natives are starving to death and running around in grass skirts.

I'm almost offended by that stereotype which you've envisioned all natives to be.
  7. Epiccheesegrater3 Member

Message Count:
    You're implying that other races are inferior just because they didn't have the technology of Western nations and because you consider their art "inferior", which seems racist.

You don't have to hate all races to be racist, so that's quite an ignorant statement to make.
  8. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Compared to the modern West? No, they'd lose half their babies at birth, only about a 1/4 would reach adulthood. Then they'd spend their whole lives worrying about whether or not they'll die of Maleria, then they hit about 30 and it's time to die. Not to mention the constant warfare and bickering between tribes.

So it would be much better off being converted into a semi-modern Western nation.
  9. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    First of all they weren't starving to death they grew crops and hunted. Also they don't run around in grass skirts they have their own clothing.
  10. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    Everyone has constant warfare and bickering. Now just the fucking uncivilized barbarians you've convinced yourself exist.
  11. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    They were not fucking starving to death. We are calling you a racist becaus you are only using stupid stereotyes for your argument
  12. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You don't have to hate all races to be racist, so that's quite an ignorant statement to make.[/quote:3tmzbjtg]
    No, I'm saying their culture was inferior. Plus I've said that Egyptians, Incans, Mayans, etc. were all civilized too.

I'm saying it would be very random to hate all the races but your own, and then excempt Asians.

Also now that I think about it Arabs too. By your logic that I'm a racist that hates many races, you'd think I'd be anti-Muslum and all too, but I'm not.
  13. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    No, I'm saying their culture was inferior. Plus I've said that Egyptians, Incans, Mayans, etc. were all civilized too.

I'm saying it would be very random to hate all the races but your own, and then excempt Asians.

Also now that I think about it Arabs too. By your logic that I'm a racist that hates many races, you'd think I'd be anti-Muslum and all too, but I'm not.[/quote:28lnsaq0]

You are a racist of culture
  14. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:

Also now that I think about it Arabs too. By your logic that I'm a racist that hates many races, you'd think I'd be anti-Muslum and all too, but I'm not.[/quote:111dkwwo]

I don't know how you're getting away with voicing this, but good luck to you.
  15. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    When I was talking to you in PM, you said the Aztecs were't civilized either, or at least not as civilized as the Europeans.
  16. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    They were horribly malnutritioned. Especially compared to Europeans in the Scramble for Africa.

And now they have their own clothing. After we brought Western culture to them. When we first got there, only North and South Africa really had been civilized and had clothing and all that good stuff.
  17. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:

Also now that I think about it Arabs too. By your logic that I'm a racist that hates many races, you'd think I'd be anti-Muslum and all too, but I'm not.[/quote:36er1sqi]
    The Native Americans were as advanced as the Mayans and Egyptians and you think they are civilized. Also where's your proof they were starving to death if they were how did they survive.
  18. Epiccheesegrater3 Member

Message Count:
    I never said you hated many races, I said you don't have to hate all other races to be racist, which is what you suggested. Why are you so ignorant of all arguments presented against you?
  19. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Probably not as civilized is better. Also then there's the,
    placing Prisoners of War, typically random civilians ontop of giant stepped pyramids to the Gods, pinning them down, and then cutting open and hand tairing out their still beating heart and lifting it up to the Heavens in front of thousands and thousands of screaming fanatics because that's what they believed made the Sun rise.
  20. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    No they were not manourished and already had clothing. Like I said before, they used ever single part of the buffalo and there were plenty of buffalo. Dont talk unless you actually know what you are talking about
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.