Is Ignorance Banable

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Revan706, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    Yeah you need to treat the people who were there long before you and were perfectly fine before you came along like dirt after they taught you to survive.
  2. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think we're talking about the Spanish, in which case your completly wrong.

They werne't completly fine, they were commit human sacrafice, had temples coated with blood and bones. It was an atrocity. The Mayans were falling apart and decaying as a dying empire, the Incas were in the middle of an incredibly brutal Civil War.

The Spanish came and gave them culture, technology, stability, and progress and made sure not to tread so much on the rights of the Natives as best they could.
    Although in the short term it hurt Natives a lot, the Spanish were more like a blessing for the long term Natives.
  3. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    THEY WERE COMMIT :lol:
  4. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    What?
  5. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    THEY WERNE'T COMPLETLY FINE
  6. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    They gave them that by killing them and also usually the sacrifices were people who volunteered or were criminals.
  7. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Wow, I left for one day and this thread fucking exploded. Also I think its kinda funny how Kara says the people who cut out human hearts and sacrificed human to the sun were uncivilized, but the people who stacked stones on top of people in order to get make them confess to witchcraft were civilized. Great fucking logic there.
  8. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    Dude, there's nothing wrong with killing witches or uncivilized natives.
  9. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:

That is not how it worked. First, no the diseases were not bound to come eventually. If they were, then I think the Black Plague would have already hit the Natives before the Europeans came. They treated the Natives like crap. The natives welcomed them and the Spanish said "fuck you". We dont have any of the Mayan records anymore because the Spanish burned almost all of them on purpose. The Spanish did not enslave the Natives because they had to, they enslaved them because they wanted to. They could not have cared less whether the Aztecs were using human sacrafices, all they cared about was the fact that the Aztecs had the most gold in the world. You are sickening.

The Spanish came and wiped them out. They treaded on the rights of the Natives as much as they could. Like I said above the Spanish did not give a shit about the human sacrafices, they just cared about all the gold that was in the Aztec capital. The Spanish enslaved the Native Americans because they felt like it. Like I said above, they burned almost all of the Mayan records because they seemed to "incite heresy" which is absolute bullcrap. Your morals are messed up

10. xXxLKxXx Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]
  11. bread8756 Member

Message Count:
  12. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    I think you guys are forgetting the point that this didnt only happen in the Americas, it also happened in Australia, New Zealand, and Africa

Oh and btw, the Spanish were the cruelest slave masters out of any European country
  13. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Right you are
  14. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Several native tribes were peacefully intigrated into the Spanish. Mainly ones that had fought with them against the Aztecs.

And no one volunteers for that kind of thing. I mean, they might "volunteer" like the Prisoners who "volunteered" to live in Geoergia did, but not in any way like the word implies. And yes, a lot were criminals. But it's not like they had enough Criminals to sacrafice all the time. They would demand tribute in the form of people from other tribes for sacraficing.

No, but it means I can now completly justify their annihilation. Thanks.
  15. Surfusa Lost in space-time

Message Count:
    Parradise Valley, Arizona, United States of Americ
    This is so different from the original question
  16. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    When your country is half-filled with blood thirsty Arabs who would like nothing more than to see you and your family brutally burned at the stake then you, in some cases, lose your reason. Besides, it was more like a few thousand people doing it over and over again than every person in Spain.

Anyway, things like blaiming and then killing Jews because of the Plauge were all in the most desperate times. And even then many reasonable Europeans were against it, such as when Poland allowed the Jews to come to their country in refuge. Yet, even when things were going great for the Aztecs and they were the strongest power in the Continent, or at least second strongest, they were sacraficing more than ever. I'd hate to see the genocide they'd be willing to commit if they had to fight something like the Reconquesta.

No, either the Natives would've gone to Europe and brought the Black Plauge to themselves, or what happened would've happened eventually. Just because it came in the form of the Spanish is no reason to blaim the Spanish. The Natives were a double-edged sword. Sure they were "welcomed". But only because the Natives thought they were Gods, Motezuma actually thought about slaughtering Cortez with a horde of Aztecs before he could enter the city. And no, the Spanish didn't "burn them" because no one randomly burns shit for the sake of burning shit. Perhaps a little was destroyed in the battles, but it's not like the Spanish King hand-picked guys to destroy the Mayan Records. Although Mayan religious documents may have been burned for Heracy. They were enslaved because they had to be enslaved as a way to pay the soldiers. Do you really think that some of the most devoutly religious people in Europe were incredibly excited at being able to enslave peeople? And no, the primary reason that Spanish actaully attacked was for God, then came Gold. The Aztecs were a horrible, horrible people. No one liked them but themselves. They were a plauge on Central America that the Spanish gladly lifted. The fact that you would defend their atrocities against humanity is much more sickening than any racist asumption you've made of me.

Everything else is just a repeat. And if we're going to put random, overly extreme insults at the end of our posts, the fact that you would even consider the Aztecs worthy of existing after what they did is the most illogical and illconcieved belief I've ever heard.
  17. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    Kara is a fucking idiot.
  18. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    We have fucking evidence that they burned the records on purpose. The Aztecs were not a "plague in central America" like you say. They had the most gold in the world, and their capital had the most people in the world. The Spanish used the "fighting for God" thing as an excuse. If you knew anything about what you are talking about you would know that the Spanish conquistadors came for gold and and to get rich. I learned that in fucking 4th grade. I am not justifying the Aztecs using sacrifices. I am saying, that is not why the Spanish dethroned the Aztecs. They could not have fucking cared less. Also, the conquistadors were corrupt. They enslaved people for the sake of enslaving. What you are basically implying is that we enslaved the Africans because we had to. Newsflash: The Africans eventually replaced the Natives as slaves. Slavery was used all across Europe. Also, The Natives welcomed the Spanish with open arms. They gladly accepted Cortez and he fucking back stabbed them not because he had to "free them from their atrocities" but because Tenochtitlan was the richest city in the world. Remember, the people back then did not think the same way we think today, Hell, the Romans crucified people and also used slaves, and they were deeply religious. I guess that makes them uncivilized as well. People back then did volunteer by their own will because they thought they were serving the Gods and were proud of it. Stop pulling incorrect information out of your ass
  19. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Just because you lurk Ebaums doesn't mean you can go around calling people "idiots", plus, I think we've already established that most of us disagree with Kara to the point of throwing insults at him.
  20. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    I wanted to show my displeasure with him, but I didn't want to type a long response.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.