Josef Stalin Declassified

Discussion in 'Historical Events Coffee House' started by slydessertfox, Mar 16, 2012.

1. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Toast will come back and personally destroy the forums and the world of you are made mod. That us why. It is to protect all that is sacred from a burnt peace of bread .
  2. StephenColbert27 Active Member

Message Count:
    Middle of a Corn Field somewhere in Illinois
    Are you now? Well, congrats to you.
  3. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    I would like that actually.

I personally loved Toast's insults and found him funny and at least he posted intelligent stuff sometimes. He just started getting active on the wiki and then they closed it down.

@kobashenka

How do I do this entire Jewish thing?
  4. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
    Let's not get racist in here. Not funny.
  5. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I think he was being serious. He just has an awkward way of wording things.
  6. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
    What type of dessert fox are you, btw? Pie? Cake? a tart?
  7. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Seriously though, I know next to nothing about Jews expect they have a really shitty history and people don't like them. You need to teach me the way of the Jews.
  8. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    I prefer apple crumb pie.
  9. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
    You ready to get your dick snipped? Gotta start there.
  10. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Well then I'm one step closer to being a Jew.

What's next?
  11. kobashenka Ms. Stalin

Message Count:
    Go start a thread for this. I can't de-rail shit anymore :p
  12. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Well this is kind of on topic.

So what is this bullshit story that I've been told that Stalin wanted to kill Jews in the Soviet Union?
  13. StephenColbert27 Active Member

Message Count:
    Middle of a Corn Field somewhere in Illinois
    You mean the doctor's Plot?
  14. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Yes that but alot of people say it goes deeper then that.

Also Koba your thoughts on Beria.
  15. thelistener Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    collectivisation was implemented in according to the communist ideal. Stalin used collectivisation as a excuse to get rid of kulaks. Also sure you can blame those peasants as much as you can blame the holocaust on the guards of those camps. But that's not were the main issue lays, its the regime and Stalin's fault. collectivisation doesn't work, those farmers wanted more food for them self's can't blame them.Its only natural they thought if they can't have enough food, neither can those cities folk.

Dude history is about opinions, but its normal in a debate to debunk opinions and I am doing it to you.

And also you can't blame those rebellions, only can blame the regime, that was the reason they revolted in the first place.

To sum up, you don't seem to get that peasants are people and they act accordingly to the decisions the regime and Stalin made.

Also even if those peasants wouldn't have slaughtered their livestock etc they would have still somewhat starved because the seizures to feed the cities. What's the point in farming when most their grain would be taken away and they didn't get enough benefits to compensate their work.

BTW I can only respond tomorrow again, just so you know
  16. The Evil Major Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ok so @D3adtrap, what you're trying to say could be transformed into the following:
    Hitler's policy of conquering Europe didn't kill millions, it was those who resisted the policy...
    StephenColbert27 and thelistener like this.
  17. ComradeLer Proud Anti-Patriot

Message Count:
    Ok, I'm gonna address about half of your post here. First off, the Kulaks weren't peasants. They are wealthy land owners. Up until 1933, a free market for grain still existed in the Soviet Union, and the Kulaks were very wealthy people. The reason they hoarded the grain wasn't because they wanted more food, it was so they could control the market prices so they could get more money. This, combined with the famine (Which was caused by the weather) led to millions of people dying. Personally, I think that if you directly caused the deaths of other people just so you could get more money, you don't belong in society.

Now, regarding the gulags - These weren't concentration camps. They were labor-prison camps. Basically, at the time, the USSR did not have the room to house regular prisoners, so, they decided that they would put all of those people (The majority of whom were genuine criminals, rapists, murderers, terrorists, etc) to work, so that they could improve the infrastructure and industry of the country. Gulags were not death camps - People in them had very low chance of dying each year, and very maximum sentence was ten years.

I like how people assume that anybody who was sent to prison, or executed, under any condition was immediately a good person, and was personally murdered by Stalin. You completely ignore the possibility that in a country of 200 million people, there might be a few criminals in there
  18. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Collectivization was not made to kill kulaks you dumbnut. How hard is it to understand? I've told you that repeatedly, but you just don't fucking get it. Collectivization and 'war on kulaks' are two separate policies, that have nothing to do with each other.

Also how fucking absurd is that argument. Collectivization was NOT made to kill anyone get that in skull of yours already and maybe know what you're talking about. In concentration camps people were burned, gassed alive where as in collective farming government would get the grain and distribute it to everyone. How are those two connected? How you tell me? Are fucking kidding me?

History is not about opinions, because what you could say is that in your opinion somalian was the first man on the moon, which is a conversation very much like we're having here.

But I can blame the rebellions why the fuck not? They are the cause of famine plain and simple. Would these people work their land as they were supposed to there wouldn't be this famine. You can debate if their rebellions were justified or not, but the fact remains that they caused this famine.

To sum it up for you like I have a few times now, you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Are you fucking kidding me. Seriously? How you don't understand difference between collective farming and warfare is beyond me.

These are that kind of people I have to deal with on daily basis and I get flak about it. Wow, just wow.
  19. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    It's not like there are spots that need to be filled in. Stalin decides whoever he picks whenever he feels it's necessary. Besides, he made Koba a mod, and in response Chelsea decided to leave. It's not like Koba took Chelsea's spot. And I wouldn't really call Lucy a mod, since she was never on anymore.
  20. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    Well now you have a total of 4 active mods. Koba, Bart, Pedro, and D3adtrap. This is changed from what, 9(?) mods in the beginning? The site has grown by a couple thousand members since then....So yes, there are obviously some spots that need to be filled in. Perhaps, and this is a mere suggestion, we should elect two or three more mods? Of course, Stalin would approve the candidates. Just a thought.
    LOL!!!
    That's exactly what the majority of concentration camps were....
    Mining in Siberia is not improving the infrastructure or industry. It was merely prison work.
    Concentration Camps =/= Death Camps
    LOL!!!