Josef Stalin Declassified

Discussion in 'Historical Events Coffee House' started by slydessertfox, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    DEATH TO THE TSAR.
  2. darthdj31 City States Map Director

Message Count:
    OOOO RAH!
  3. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    "It was the weather" is a frequent and hilarious excuse made by supporters of the insane Maoist and Stalinist regimes under which millions of people starved to death. The weather, first of all, is the state of the atmosphere (humidity, wind, rain, sunshine, temperature, etc) at a specific place at a specific time. What you are referring to is the change in climate at the time. Furthermore, a drought is not enough to sabotage the food making capabilities of a nation for years. As has already been discussed by you, there were many other reasons, of which this drought was a very small and insignificant one. Stating it was the weather is frankly insulting to any somewhat educated person out there.

Many were also in Siberia and central asia. So?
    Even the NKVD admits to 1.6 million deaths in the camps, and some estimates go all the way up to 15 million, meaning the true figure is probably more like 7-8 million. Furthermore, the definition of a concentration camp is a camp where civilians, enemy aliens, political prisoners, and sometimes prisoners of war are detained and confined, typically under harsh conditions. This is pretty much gulags. I'd also like to point out what even RT admits, which is, "Many innocent people were sentenced to the Gulag for minor “crimes” such as coming to work late three times (considered sabotage) or telling a small joke about a government official (punishable by up to 25 years)" and, "Eventually, every Soviet Secret Policeman was assigned a certain arrest quota in order to ensure a large enough labor force in the Gulags".
    You are right, of course, which is why I suggested that Stalin improve candidate choices. The reason I say this is because elections are what made this forum unique and interesting. The discussion on here are average at best, I have much more fluent and more interesting discussions on the Alternate History Discussion Boards and the Paradox Forums. The reason I stay is cause of Stalin's videos and the occasional interesting thread. But elections are interesting, fun, and unique, and would give us that extra dimension again. However, this is all simply my ramblings and thoughts, nothing that I actually expect to happen. Furthermore, you may think the mods have no trouble moderating but I as an experienced member have seen an increase in the number of posting infractions lately and some threads that devolve into mindless mudslinging that the mods do nothing about, and OPs have asked for threads to be locked that are not locked. Finally, elections for mods would force user members to be held to a higher standard as you obviously wouldn't be allowed to be a mod with even 1 infraction point. Once again, just me stating my thoughts, its not like there is any medium through which I could suggest such a thing.
  4. The Evil Major Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yeah public executions are fun and interesting too, let's have those also!
  5. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Anti semitism was rampant all over europe, it sucked to be a Jew in general.
    darthdj31 likes this.
  6. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    You're seriously gonna compare elections and public executions...?
  7. The Evil Major Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Why not.

The difference is that public executions are far more entertaining.
  8. J.F.K the communist Member

Message Count:
    Please do not start this Stalin thing again. I remember i tried to point out some bad factors about Stalin, such as him killing over 200,000 of mostly loyal communists in the great purge, but sadly no one seems to care about the bad, only the good.
  9. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    You're back!
  10. J.F.K the communist Member

Message Count:
    I'm so happy that you care because I do not have a clue who you are.
  11. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    You don't have a clue who I am, after a hundred and thirty-five posts? I'm a mod on this site.
  12. J.F.K the communist Member

Message Count:
    Sorry.:(