Junary 2012 Elections Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Karakoran, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Fucking hats bro. They're OP.
  2. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    Here are the two issues were discussing:

1) A user not involved in the election promising to give other users TF2 items in exchange for voting a certain way
    2) There is uncertainty that the nominations were counted correctly by the staff (and me in particular) thus throwing the actual initial ballot into question

Given these two issues, what do you guys think we should do? There is a strong movement in the mods section to redo the entire election, and perhaps implement new electoral policies and alter the constitution, however I think it's important to get ya'lls insight into the matter
    Imperial1917 likes this.
  3. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Actually, according to the Tribunal Constitution, which I assume is the main source of all laws and rules about Tribunes and their elections, bribery is perfectly legal so long as it is open. If we are too assume that Demondaze's sudden boom was from Ronald's bribes, then to restart the election is wholly baseless.

Ronald was not privately demanding votes, he was publicly buying them.

I do not want serious changes to our Constitution because anything like that will merely increase bureaucracy. It will cause more loopholes, more arbitration. It will simply be problematic.

Here is what must be done.
    Anyone with any sense would know that what Ronald was doing was unethical and possibly illegal. Ronald should not be given any pardons for this. A new infraction must be made, one for Election Fraud. In it all things, from bribery to black mail will be listed. It would be second level, as well as a potential week ban depending on the severity. Ronald would be given this, although probably just the two infractions.

As the one on the ballot in question is Ronald, this eliminates that problem.
    Then redo the election from Friday the 20th through Sunday the 22nd.
    Demondaze receives no punishment because there is little to nothing linking him to Ronald. No proof means no punishment.

As for the Constitution, that document is long overdue. A more complete Constitution, outlawing laws of both Tribunes, Mods, and the Elections must be made. And a coherent one. I'll write it myself, if no one else will.
  4. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I was actually going to reform this as my first action. I think 5 days is long enough for the actual election and nominees have to be nominated in by other people and 5 likes gets you in the actual election. I think we should either leave as is and don't count demons votes or re do the election.
  5. Kalalification Guest

Retroactive punishment is ridiculous and we didn't even apply it to Che when he was at the height of his anti-Semitic ranting. If we did institute some kind of 'election fraud' rule it would only apply to those who break it after it's created.
  6. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Yes at the time what he was doing the bribery it wasn't outlawed, but that's not fair with the other contestants as well, plus even if we re-do the elections people will just come again for some TF2 hats. I do agree about the renewal of the constitution though.
  7. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If we prove 100% that ronald bribed people then yes we should do a recount and I honestly have a question.

Did Demon know about this bribery? I only think he should be punished if he knew about the bribery.

If Ronald is proven guilty then he should have his moderaton stripped from him for atleast a week. Mods are supose to be role models to the people of the forum and shouldn't be setting a bad example.
  8. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Is this enough proof?
    [IMG]
    Also Ronald is not a mod and "didn't" break the rules.
  9. Kalalification Guest

Ronald is not a mod and did not break the rules.
  10. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ronald isnt a mod? Huh... well what do you expect from myself? Still with the proof given.... then he should be punished but not banned. Can Ronald see this forum?
  11. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Dude, he's our last Tribune together with ComradeLer. He shouldn't be punished because he didn't really break the rules, although it's unethical and not fair with other contestants that were winning the elections honestly, like FeyBart and Romulus211.
  12. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    It just doesnt seem right to swade peoples vote with TF2 hats. ( Also sorry I thought he was a mod, I saw the colored name and I automaticlly thought he was a mod. I didnt even know what tribune was until before I ran )
  13. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    There isn't anything we can except for barring Demon from the elections, but that would not be fair with him as well.
  14. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Then the only thing that could salvage this election, would be resignation...
    StephenColbert27 and yuri2045 like this.
  15. Kalalification Guest

It hasn't even been decided whether or not there will be a reelection yet.
  16. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    I'm personally fine with the situation as it is now. It's no big deal for me, but I can see Rom feels cheated on. However, this was clearly sarcasm from Ronald's perspective. He obviously did it as a joke. Too bad people took it serious, though, but Ronald isn't to blame for it.
  17. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I'm fine with demondaze becoming tribune.
  18. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Jokes probably don't get you in leadership of the elections. This is not fair with Romulus or Chives who had a chance at the job of tribune, but instead we get a contestant which wasn't a favourite because of this "joke". In the future I hope people take this seriously.
    Lighthouse418 likes this.
  19. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    Well supporters 5 hours til closing pull off a miracle or there is always next time either way I am grateful for the support and faith.
  20. UnholyKnight800 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I blame Serbia.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.