My apology to kobashenka

Discussion in 'Site Policy and Rule Announcements' started by Chives, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    This is a public apology to our fellow member, @kobashenka.

While this has been dealt with privately, part of the agreement was that JosefVStalin and I would make a public apology and explain on her behalf what has happened.

Over the past few days, I have had conversations over Skype with JosefVStalin discussing our opinions of and sharing information about kobashenka.

The information we discussed was shared with us in confidence by kobashenka, and we betrayed her. I considered her my friend and I feel horrible about what I did.

When she discovered what we had done, she was obviously very angry and planned to leave the community. This was something that JosefVStalin and I did not want to see happen.

kobashenka created a post stating that she was going to leave and in a rash decision, JosefVStalin deleted the post. If he wishes to discuss this issue further, he may, but I will not on his behalf.

I will not discuss this topic publicly any more than I already have.

Again, Koba, I was your friend and I betrayed you. I know I can never take back what I did, but from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry that I hurt you.

- Austin
  2. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Don't we have the best staff members of all time or what?
  3. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    So it was Stalin, huh? Well, so much for being able to levy criticism then...

Here's some advice to all of the staff and Stalin: if you're going to be dishonest about something, or try to hide it from the public, then make sure there's no loose ends. You're always worse off for lying and not being thorough about it.

Though personally, I'm a fan of simply telling us the truth, and I'd like to say that I could expect as much from the people entrusted with the care of the site. Of course, as a former caretaker, I know better.
    slydessertfox likes this.
  4. RonaldRaygun Futuristic Weapon Wielder/Commie Hunter

Message Count:
    Lol, fucking autists!
    esac1122 likes this.
  5. RickPerryLover strawberries oh sweet Jesus strawberries

Message Count:
    Well I hope you stay Koba. I have seen Chives & Stalin long enough to know their apologies are sincere. Please stay!:D
  6. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    More people the bigger the party is. Its sad when people leave.
  7. RickPerryLover strawberries oh sweet Jesus strawberries

Message Count:
    She has said on her profile she is staying thankfully.
  8. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Why is this forum so dramatic?
    slydessertfox likes this.
  9. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    It isn't as much as it were half a year ago.
  10. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Inform me of this. I hadn't become active until last september and I still rarely go into the capital part of the forum, this whole Kob thing is brand new to me
  11. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    This is pretty much as dramatic as it got.

We were havin' fun until this. Kali has become less active, so there's not much goin' on there...

Shaw was banned, as was Vulcan, but nobody really cared for those two being banned, so I wouldn't say that caused much shit.
  12. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Yeah, but the Pax Romana period is over. We are back into an era of destabalization and drama sadly. Actually, I could make a couple parallels with this forum and the Romans.

The beginning of the forums is like the first few hundred years of the Roman Kingdon/Republic. It was a time where the forums expanded from a small part of the site, to the defining feature, taking firm grip as the the biggest oart of josefvstalin.com, conqering every part of the site that opposed it. (For the Romans, Carthage and Ciscalpine Gaul) Then this guy named Che (Hannibal) comes along and threatens to tear the forum apart, bringing it to its very knees with his death threats and propaganda and lies. However, the fate of the forum was never truly in doubt, as the mods prevented Che from using his victories to rally support.

Then the plebians rise up in revolt, demanding reforms and a say in the corrupt government of the forums ruled by the elite. Under pressure, Josefvstalin.com grants 2 tribunes to the plebs (reference to Roman event is obvious) and the plebians calm down for a while. Elections (as they always were in the Roman Republic) were dirty, slanderous, and violent. Most elections were heavily disputed with the loser crying foul.

With the resigning of Matt and Kali (crisis of the 1st century BC), the forums did a 360 and chaos was rampant. When Kali returned in time for the elections, they got even more violent, and the groups became even more cemented, everyone forming a coalition to oppose Kali and his supporters. It was Kali(Caesar)'s opponent, ComradeLer, who won the day (Pompey) and survived Kali's slander, to rise to the top as tribune. However, Ler's success was short lived, as the tribune system was abolished and Kali won the day, and a complete one party rule was left in place under Josefvstalin(Augustus). However, he kept the facade of the republic up, as he granted former tribunes honorary green names and kept the mods. (Augustus keeping the senators).

The forums entered a period of Pax Romana with only occassional disruptions by napoleon multis (usurpers) and no outside threats. However, the Pax Romana has ended, and we are about to enter the "thitd century crisis" period in the Roman timeline, where instability and drama rises again, to be as bad, if not worse, than before.

That is all.
    General Mosh, Daddy92 and Anwrise888 like this.
  13. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    Think you got that backwards. Ler is clearly an extreme conservative regarding site policy and thanks to the site's naming conventions, he definitely counts as a firm supporter of the optimates. Among other things I certainly fill the role of populist.
  14. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No no I know about that, I was involved in Shaw's banishment while I communicate with vulcan alot. I meant 6 months ago.
  15. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    Yeah I was debating on whether or not to put you or Ler as Caesar. I'll change it as it does make more sense as you.
  16. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well you're pretty quick to say the sky is falling.
  17. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Your avatar is a realist painting that served as nothing more than a single second image during a loading screen.

You cannot possibly understand transitional comparison.
  18. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well fuck, Stalin's is Joseph V. Stalin wearing a party hat. I fail to see how that's relevant to anything.

It's actually a pretty simple comparison and pretty much anyone can understand it. It's just incorrect because it assumes the worst possible scenario. Luckily your inability to behave properly isn't that big of a deal for the site and odds are it will pass.
  19. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Stalin's is relevant to him.

Yours is pulled out of your Victoria II directory.
  20. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I'm gunna lock this thread as well as the issue has be dealt with to the satisfaction of the effected parties.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.