My Battlefield 3 review

Discussion in 'Games' started by Inquisitor, Oct 28, 2011.

1. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I've played one day's (possessive apostrophe?!) worth and have to say on first impressions it's the best multiplayer FPS I've ever played! Really awesome indeed!
  2. Toast Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Just reading statuses about it, I'll put in some input as I've recently finished the single player.

It starts off as an engaging tutorial, but in general it didn't impress me. The whole confusion building up through the campaign from the start didn't pack a punch. The way it was told, in the form of an interrogation, was executed without any flaws, so credit for that one. The characters were faceless and just "there" as it is and don't contribute anything to the story except dying. It would have been nice to flesh out the characters and give them some depth, but the single player was too short to account for that, but I don't have much complaints concerning it. All in all, generic and not very interesting.

The only real thing that stands out in the campaign is the amazing visuals. Seeing hordes of Russian paratroopers floating around over by sprawling fields was cool shit, as was the jet dogfight. The music really made it that much more awesome.

The ending was anticlimactic and so dull it was funny. The single player was nothing more than an extra. The multiplayer is the best I've seen since BF2, which was years ago.

THE MORTAR IS SHIT
  3. C_G Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    FPS games, fuck the genre. It done been killed. I am willing to admit, and everyone that has played CoD AND Battlefield are partly responsible.
  4. CoExIsTeNcE LeonTrotsky in Disguse

Message Count:
    I don't own the game, but friends have told me that the snipers are underpowered.
  5. D3VIL Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Which is fantastic!
  6. Lighthouse Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I MAY have given it a 8/10 but that doesnt mean that I dont think that

COD IS THE BEST GAME EVER

7. C_G Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No.
  8. noelsoong This machine does not require caffeine to operate.

Message Count:
    That's great and all but they nerfed the recon class so much that only the best still use it and be successful with it but still when i see a tank i cannot do shit about it because they removed C4
  9. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    I just unlocked it yesterday.

It's a little bit fun to sit back in infantry combat shelling the shit out of people but after a while I just wanna drop the mortar and run in and blast them with a machinegun. :)