Nazi Victory, Was it really possible?

Discussion in 'Historical Events Coffee House' started by Sokol-1, Nov 22, 2011.

1. General Mosh Citystates Founder!

Message Count:
    I think you guys are ignoring something. Many alternate history writers like to not just do an x wins this so x wins the war. A lot of them go much deeper than that. FDR dies of polio early in his presidency. Churchill is killed in a car crash when he was younger and Stalin dies during the civil war. With all those major and influential leaders gone, alternate history writers have a lot more freedom with possible diplomatic options that these characters (minus Stalin) may have would have never considered. And of course we should bump Hitler off early in the war too to keep him from doing too much damage. Hell, bump off Himmler too and put Heydrich in charge. So many possibilities...
  2. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    I have a book that say the armies also came from Siberia, but I won't question you as I passed as a clown before. =P
  3. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Armies you're probably talking about came from Russian far east to save battle of Moscow, not Stalingrad.
  4. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    I see, may have changed cards a bit then.
  5. StephenColbert27 Active Member

Message Count:
    Middle of a Corn Field somewhere in Illinois
    All the possible possiblities are making my head hurt... I blame you for this Mosh!
    General Mosh likes this.
  6. JerBear Member

Message Count:
    Of course it's possible, but Hitler didn't take it that way with the way he listened to his generals. And also gave his troops some winter clothing for the eastern front, but then again... For the Japanese, probably unlikely due to their way of winning the Pacific and beating out the Americans was to knock out all US Carriers and Navy's and occupy Hawaii, so they could end up invading the US.
  7. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    Japan would never win in a war against the USA, due to the latter's huge industrial production, if they took down all carriers, the US could just build double of what they had in a year and continue with it. Hitler was in the same deal against the USSR. Both Germany and Japan would either have to end the war in less than a year, otherwise it would be just impossible.