New Minecraft Server?

Discussion in 'Games' started by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012.

• by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    So Ler's server was a lot of fun but it hasn't been up much lately, and I just got a big paycheck and wanted to give something back to the community.

I'm looking at a 1-24 person minecraft server, hosted at daddyCheese .... Not to sure what kind of mods or plug-ins (I play Vanilla) but I liked the idea of factions from Ler's server.

What I want to know from you guys is will you play it? Also if there's anyone willing to donate a few bucks (small contributions, $1-5) to help get this thing started. I'm willing to do it either way, but if people are willing to donate it helps me get a sense of how motivated people are, in addition to helping with some of the financial costs.

So that's it, let me know if you guys want to get some minecraftin' goin down!

Comments

Discussion in 'Games' started by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Would you be interested in a new MC server?

No 9 vote(s) 16.4%
Yes 38 vote(s) 69.1%
Yes, and I'd be willing to donate a few dollars to get it started 8 vote(s) 14.5%
  1. PineappleJoe
    I'll join later when everything is up and running and when pvp is working. I don't want to go trough the trouble of breaking into a city to rape and pillage just to find that nothing inside can be destroyed. Do any of you know how long time it takes to get a full inventory of lava buckets? It takes for ever, so when i use so much time on planning a raid i expect results and not just a message saying "blocks can not be put inside /factions/ area".
  2. Markt4
    Maybe 10 times less to the amount it takes to build that factions city and maybe 50 times less it takes to clean the lava and rebuild the city? Factions eliminated greafin, where its not the PVP aspect anymore but rather you just getting a thrill of being a lone wolf and destroying peoples properties. Also what's fair about say you coming on when our city is defenseless and we are all asleep? Maybe factions should be allowed to claim limited land, like have one big city or something, and when we do battle in the war zone's that land can increase, that way since factions will soon run out of room they would be perhaps forced to build outside their designated amount of land. Or have designated war times.
  3. pedro3131
    Quick update, in trying to update everything I somehow enabled whitelisting, despite the option for it being disabled everywhere. I tried fixing that and now it says "outdated server". So basically I'm working on it, but its taking longer then anticipated.
  4. peterxx
    that's fine thx for the update
  5. peterxx
    go go capi rangers
  6. Surfusa
    I wonder if anyone knows where the feudalist base is
  7. peterxx
    I don't know where any bases are it's pissing me off
  8. peterxx
    oh and commies attacked my friend and I just for being capis
  9. Markt4
    They want war, they have war. I actually think it was going on before but they used deceiving recruiting tactics to kill us. However karma got the best of them and the mobs turned on them, killing them and in return we got their stuff. lol
    Uberotaku001 and peterxx like this.
  10. ComradeLer
    You guys attacked us without provocation, destroyed everything in our base while we were offline, and looted like, nearly 10 chests full of stuff. You guys pretty much admitted to doing it, so we killed you, and actually found the stuff you looted from us on your bodies.

And for some strange reason, you both appear to be extremely butthurt by all of this, despite having already got the stolen stuff back.
    SPQR and Karakoran like this.
  11. peterxx
    It's called playing in character lol ^ haha this guy
  12. Markt4
    Cheer up big fellow it's all for fun. IC fun.
  13. Uberotaku001
    So what are the established factions at the time. Convince me to join and I bring 6 diamonds and my diamond sword, shovel and pickaxe.
  14. peterxx
    there aren't technically any factions I suppose there are loose coalitions of people based on trust lol
  15. peterxx
    your welcome to join the capitalist group but I don't know where our base is the commies will no doubt want you and it's more viable because more of them play
  16. Alsanu
    I found 2 hidouts
    I assume they are commie or independent hidouts and I think they're abandoned

Also, I found another place of intrest for the cappies.
    I'll pm to Markt4 and/or peterxx with further info upon request.
    peterxx likes this.
  17. Surfusa
    No one knows where the feudalists are!
  18. Markt4
    That's what the commies said.
  19. Mentalish
    it seems that the portals are a lil messed up, when i exit the nether it builds a exit portal far away from the entrance portal