New Minecraft Server?

Discussion in 'Games' started by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012.

• by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    So Ler's server was a lot of fun but it hasn't been up much lately, and I just got a big paycheck and wanted to give something back to the community.

I'm looking at a 1-24 person minecraft server, hosted at daddyCheese .... Not to sure what kind of mods or plug-ins (I play Vanilla) but I liked the idea of factions from Ler's server.

What I want to know from you guys is will you play it? Also if there's anyone willing to donate a few bucks (small contributions, $1-5) to help get this thing started. I'm willing to do it either way, but if people are willing to donate it helps me get a sense of how motivated people are, in addition to helping with some of the financial costs.

So that's it, let me know if you guys want to get some minecraftin' goin down!

Comments

Discussion in 'Games' started by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Would you be interested in a new MC server?

No 9 vote(s) 16.4%
Yes 38 vote(s) 69.1%
Yes, and I'd be willing to donate a few dollars to get it started 8 vote(s) 14.5%
  1. peterxx
    ya cuz a lot of ppl built portals it's really random lol

also are there going to be mods or what?
  2. Markt4
    Aye, any idea when the mods will be put in? Kinda of sucks living underground. :p
  3. Lighthouse
    I plan on coming on tommorow, my name is nicegy7183 ( stupid u key ) but just call me lighthouse.
  4. pedro3131
    If anyone is interested in helping me admin the server please send me a pm about your ideas and what kind of experience you bring to the table. I don't really have the time to learn how to mod things and get all the permissions set up, and while their support is great, I don't really have the time to trouble shoot single issues given my course load atm.

*Note being an admin would involve access to a lot of god controls so If you personally are into the PVP or warring faction side I'm probably not going to consider you*
  5. Uberotaku001
    Live underground live completely off of mushrooms, all diamond tools, full iron armor, but no wool for a bed.
  6. Surfusa
    Pedro I could do it, but then again I can't be 100% dedicated. I am working with another friend on his minecraft server trying to combine Bukket and a group mod... My fraction doesnt even matter...
  7. Lighthouse
    I could use some God controls because I am working on a main city, a road to all the towns, and I could use some spawn items. I usually spend 1 hour a day on minecraft multiplayer anyway.
  8. Markt4
    Mods shouldn't spawn items.
  9. Markt4
    Because how is that fair to having a PVP, PVE server?
  10. PineappleJoe
    Has the pvp element been fixed yet?
  11. Lighthouse
    100% of all the PVP servers i have played there have been mods or admins that can spawn items in. And also it is not going to forever be a pvp server. I hate to brag or promote myself on the computer AND real life but I go on the server 1-3 times a day.
  12. Benerfe
    So I log on today and our base was heavily griefed..
  13. Markt4
    What do you mean its not always going to be a PVP server. With the integration of the mods we're putting on it makes it a PVP server or a PVE one, also its not like Minecraft even holds particular PVE game value. And i still dont understand how you should be a mod just because you want the ability to spawn stuff in on yourself. Especially if you hail to a faction.
  14. Uberotaku001
    I'm afraid someone might have found my hidey-hole of doom.
  15. Mentalish
    He wunts to spawn items to build stuff. Nuff said
  16. Markt4
    The purpose of joining a faction, mining together then building together. Hence, then it shows the wealth, power and activity of a particular faction. Rather then simply typing /give x
  17. Mentalish
    The purpose of the mod ir admin is to NOT join a faction and cannt give other people items, the admin can spawn items so he can build his admin house or to make a spawn city
    Uberotaku001 likes this.
  18. ivantheterrible60
    this would be a reason for me to buy the game.