Official Official Statement

Discussion in 'Site Policy and Rule Announcements' started by JosefVStalin, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Straight up, lips first.
  2. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  3. Leonard Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I never respond to these kinds of threads because I really hate forum drama, but I'll just post once and I'll be on my way. This is Stalin's forum and he can do whatever he wants. You guys can cry all you want about unfair bans or mod appointments, and you're probably right, but that doesn't mean stalin has to care. This isn't a democracy. This is an internet forum, and whether or not you get banned should have no impact on your life. The point of this forum is to interact with people from around the world and generally have a good time. Creating drama about these issues is counterproductive, all it does is make this forum a less pleasurable place for all of us. If you genuinely don't like stalin or the mods, just leave. There's plenty of other forums out there. Almost all of them are dictatorships or oligarchies, which seems to be necessary to make it work.
    Warburg, Daddy92, Lighthouse and 4 others like this.
  4. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This shows are you been brainwashed and you do not support Free Quebec.
  5. Yarpen Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    This show are you been brainwashed and you do not support Free Cataluña.
  6. Vulcan200x Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    whatever
  7. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'm just going to end my posting on this thread by saying I've lost any respect I had for @JosefVStalin that didn't involve his ability to make LPs. I remember when you first started making this forum you wanted to have a forum where everyone had the freedom to post whatever they wanted, as long as it wasn't racist or genocidal etc. Now, today, you censored two posts because you didn't like what they said.

And you know what? It's completely in your right to do so. Like many of your brownnosers have said, this is your website. You can do whatever you want. You could ban me right now if you felt like it. You could also ban Chelsea and Vulcan and fucking faggot and Karakoran. Doing so is completely your choice. It makes you a horrible person if you do. Just because it's in your power to do something doesn't mean you should. You can circumvent your rules all you want but that means you've become a hypocrite and more like your namesake than I hope you feel comfortable with. Here's to hoping you reform the site for the better and you don't censor me too.

Cheers.
  8. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    That's not really what I wanted. I wanted a place were people can discuss politics, philosophy, gaming, and other things I am interested in with one another, and they still can. I don't think we have ever disallowed a political or philosophical debate to happen and the forums and I have no intention of changing that.

Though having a say in how I ran my site is a completely different story. I allowed it for a time and things devolved into chaos. That's when I decided the forums could be divided on everything else but in terms of site policy it had to be united or things would fall apart. So now I will not allow people to question how I run my site anymore and that is not in the least be contradictory to how I designed it in the first place or my goals of what I wanted the site to be.
    Skyicewolf likes this.
  9. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Kind of making an ass of myself by posting again but I felt it necessary. I didn't call into question your stance on site policy. I would prefer a way for regular members to be involved beyond a simple suggestion system but that isn't what I was talking about. I was talking about you deleting posts that didn't violate site rules. You always wanted a place where freedom of speech is upheld, and, for the most part, that's true. We can support pretty much any ideology we want on the forums as long as it isn't genocidal. What you did though was throwing that freedom out the window when you deleted William's and Jimiruquai's posts for no reason other than that you didn't like what they said.
  10. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    They did violate the rules. They posted private information from a chat what was between me and one other person without my permission. I am pretty sure you would be upset if random people were posting your private conversations all over the internet without your permission.
    Skyicewolf likes this.
  11. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Oh right... You have privacy too... I forgot about that. My mistake Stalin. I still don't like what you did but I suppose it was fully within your rights.
    GeneralofCarthage likes this.
  12. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Stalin does not have the time or the patience to deal with all your petty complaining,unlike me and some of us he has a life he has to deal with first, not your little problems. That is why he has mods to deal with this, when you disrespect the mods you disrespect Stalin. If people what more control over a forum then go start your own and see how hard it is to do that, maybe then you would be more grateful for this cool @$$ forum we have.
  13. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well fuck you too then.

And apparently Stalin actually does care. That's why he made a thread.

You don't deal with it. You tell us that our complaints are petty and basically the fuck off. Stalin actually did a lot more than you so far.

I will concede that others are much more effective at answering questions than you. That is true.

You are trying to say that Stalin is so busy doing whatever it is he does that he cannot keep up with his own forum?

You really underestimate Stalin.

You really didn't read any of the complaints, did you?

Some problems require the Site Owner to deal with. For things like banning without obvious reasoning it is preferable to have the owner address the issue and inevitable aftershock.

"Disrespect the Law and you disrespect me." - Whiterun Guard

Fuck off.

Seriously, I am so sick of twats like you (no, not necessarily on this forum) saying shit like that that I think I will probably actually do something like this. I will dedicate hundreds of hours of my life to build up a Let's Playing Empire and then start a fucking site and all that shit just to prove that it's not as damn hard as you think it is.

Ya maybe. But it's not like anyone inherently hates the forum.
  14. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I don't think I got my questioned answered last time I said this, but were Link, Kali, and Ronald given warnings?
  15. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    So I come back to this.
    Anwrise888 likes this.
  16. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]
  17. GeneralofCarthage Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Why do you always bring Kali into this?
  18. Viking Socrates I am Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    In a cave,watching shadows (Plato reference)
    How was that an attack against Kali?
  19. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Honestly, not in the slightest.
    GeneralofCarthage likes this.
  20. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    What a thoughtful response.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.