[Project] Chives' Text-Based Adventure Game II

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chives, May 21, 2012.

• by Chives, May 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Right, so the name of this game isn't going to be "Chives' Text-Based Adventure Game II".
    That's just the project's code name since I've yet to come up with a name for this game yet.
    Do NOT recommend names to me.

How about the flashiest part first:

[IMG]
    Before anyone says a word, I personally think my naming abilities suck ass.

That's a simple map of world that Chives' T-BAG II takes place in.
    A future version of that map will include terrain, rivers, and cities, all of which are important to the story-line of the game.

The story will follow you, a soldier in the Yaruterian military, during the invasion and occupation of the Sultanate of Bekk'areiti.

The game will be choice driven, in which you will be presented with decisions through-out the game that can and will effect your position in world events, the events themselves, and could even get you outright killed.

I'm going to use this thread to explain more about the world and the game's story as time goes by.

The next update will explain this world as it is today and how it differs from our own.

The following update will give a history of the Yarutarian government and why it's invading its neighbor to the south.

Comments

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chives, May 21, 2012.

1. Kali
    A visual novel without the visual, then? I forget what the name for that sort of game is, but I do know that there is one.
  2. Chives
    It's a Text-Based Adventure Game....
    But yes, pretty much.

It'd be nice to actually make a visual novel, but I lack both the artistic skills and resources as well as the abilities as a programmer.
  3. Yarpen
    Game of Luxury Chairs
  4. Kali
    Well, while that's technically true, text-based adventure games are usually the kind where you are typing commands into a text field and having the game react. There's a particular term for the kind of game where you pick from a set of choices and the game reacts to that. I think it might be interactive novel or something like that.
  5. Chives
    While it's not going to be strictly command driven, it still meets the definition of a "text-based" "adventure" game.
    Though it is a bit of an interactive novel too, I suppose.
  6. darthdj31
    Good luck on your devolopment
  7. Shisno
    I look forward to your next text-based adventure game.
  8. DomoSunz
    Looks like a really messed up drawing of South America?
  9. Chives
    I don't know where you got South America from, but this is a map of a surreal world.
  10. DomoSunz
    It just looks like South America to me...
    Anyway, I'll look forward to it, but it can't possibly beat it's predecessor.
  11. Chives
    If anything, I'd say it more resembled a disfigured Africa
    Lighthouse418 likes this.
  12. LAAT501legion
    This is awesome, I love text-base adventure games! (This type of games are called tex-based adventure games,trust me)
  13. DomoSunz
    Deformed Africa? How does that look like Africa? It's TOTALLY South America!
    mapsouthamerica.gif
    LOOK! Exactly like South America!
    Romulus211 likes this.
  14. Romulus211
    Needs android support.
  15. Chives
    Yeah I'm not seeing it.
    Not to mention that this map cuts out about a third of the continent.
  16. The Dudinator
    Why is there no Lappish country?
  17. scottap25
    I am with this disgraceful pile of dog feces
  18. Chives
    I already explained this to @The Dudinator on Skype, but the Normans are a semi-nomadic people with a culture similar to that of Scandinavian countries.

Is that good enough for you?
  19. scottap25
    sorry Mr. Chives