[Project] Chives' Text-Based Adventure Game II

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chives, May 21, 2012.

• by Chives, May 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Right, so the name of this game isn't going to be "Chives' Text-Based Adventure Game II".
    That's just the project's code name since I've yet to come up with a name for this game yet.
    Do NOT recommend names to me.

How about the flashiest part first:

[IMG]
    Before anyone says a word, I personally think my naming abilities suck ass.

That's a simple map of world that Chives' T-BAG II takes place in.
    A future version of that map will include terrain, rivers, and cities, all of which are important to the story-line of the game.

The story will follow you, a soldier in the Yaruterian military, during the invasion and occupation of the Sultanate of Bekk'areiti.

The game will be choice driven, in which you will be presented with decisions through-out the game that can and will effect your position in world events, the events themselves, and could even get you outright killed.

I'm going to use this thread to explain more about the world and the game's story as time goes by.

The next update will explain this world as it is today and how it differs from our own.

The following update will give a history of the Yarutarian government and why it's invading its neighbor to the south.

Comments

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chives, May 21, 2012.

1. Chives
    Well, not happy to say it (not exactly sad either), but I don't think this is going to happen.
    It still might, but not likely.

I've gotten a lot of work done on the engine I'll be using, but not all of it.

There's still months and months of work to do to get a game out to you guys, unfortunately, I've lost a good deal of interest and don't have the time to put into this to get it done in the foreseeable future.

So this isn't exactly dead.
    If I have time and nothing else to do, I might sit down and finish the engine sometime and maybe actually start making the game itself, or I might make something else.

Point is, programming is only something I do in short spurts.
    I'm not a fanatic about doing it, but I enjoy it.
    Only I'm not the kind of person who can droll through all of work required to program things from scratch.
    I more prefer to refine, tweak and modify things that already exist.
    Not because I'm too lazy to just do it myself, it's just that's they kind of thing I'm more interested in.
  2. Karakoran
    tl;dr version: It's dead.